2019-2020 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also on hold, complete 7/9. Looks like a huge wave of hold notifications...

Members don't see this ad :)
Havent gotten it yet, lower LizzyM then most of the people here. Maybe they know I listen to dr ryan grays podcasts

Reactions: 6 users
Copped a juicy hold from NYMC. complete 8/2, LM 68.

Reactions: 1 user
Watching all these holds roll in at once
1567536263220.png

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users
Ditto on the hold. It's okay, New York is always attacked first by aliens so we'll live the first 3 days of the invasion, unlike those nerds.

Reactions: 3 users
NYMC sliding into my DMs with a hold +pity+. Complete 8/2

EVERYONE STOP.... yes we all got hold... yes it means a rejection.... enough with posting the damn comment... yalll are annoying asf. Hold= rejection, why? well LOOK AND SEE IF YOU CAN FIND OTHER REJECTIONS ON HERE! gahd so annoying.
I don't think this comment was necessary...

Reactions: 28 users
EVERYONE STOP.... yes we all got hold... yes it means a rejection.... enough with posting the damn comment... yalll are annoying asf. Hold= rejection, why? well LOOK AND SEE IF YOU CAN FIND OTHER REJECTIONS ON HERE! gahd so annoying.

What the

Reactions: 14 users
Just got an email saying I was placed on hold for re-review. Anyone know if this is typically a soft R?
I just went through last year's thread and couldn't find an example of anyone getting an II who said they had been on hold (although there was one person who was very insistent that it can happen). Given the incredibly low yield nature of this school I would treat it as a soft R, although keep in mind that every year is different and we can't predict what they'll do this year.

Members don't see this ad :)

I read this 5 or 6 times and decided it would be easier to go back and read my hold email than try and figure out what you're getting at.

Reactions: 10 users
Put on hold

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
My man....it's a forum. A hold does not mean a rejection, a rejection means a rejection. And also, you have little to no obligation to be on SDN if it's causing this amount of rage.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

It's gonna be okay!

Reactions: 4 users

The sorrow of being put on hold is less when many of your fellow peers who appear to be just as qualified are placed in the same group. Its called support. This was the first big wave of holds for all early applicants.

Reactions: 5 users
Reapplicant who went from a 67 --> 73 LizzyM placed on hold for the second year in a row :(

The sorrow of being put on hold is less when many of your fellow peers who appear to be just as qualified are placed in the same group. Its called support. This was the first big wave of holds for all early applicants.

#miserylovescompany :highfive:

• Love
That guy’s IG account fills me with rage. I don’t know what it is, but I just can’t.

I never even bothered to look at any of that. I dont think an instragram account will be make or break in my application. He had some cool podcasts with deans/directors of admissions, and some good primary/secondary advice though. I dont like the case study eps where its like "this person was a nurse then went into a coma for 4 years then reinvented themself and is now an MS1" Anyways, dont wanna derail the thread lol

Over here wondering if my app is so bad, I don’t even deserve a hold and will get a straight up R instead

Reactions: 16 users
Just for the sake of continued optimism in the face of negativity, on hold today complete 8/2 LizzyM 67.3 good luck everyone

Reactions: 7 users
On hold today, LM 72. Wondering if my Casper was actually that bad cause I already have 5 IIs from schools that don't require it lol

Reactions: 7 users
On hold as well. Complete 7/22, LM 71.

I mean none of us know what the hold means but someone posted on Reddit that they "checked last year's SDN thread and couldn't find any instances of people with II coming off hold. That doesn't mean it won't happen, but it does mean that we should probably treat this hold as close to a rejection (or at least don't worry about NYMC anymore until next year, as that's likely the earliest we'll hear from them)."

linked below

Did you end up getting the hold as well or are you still waiting?

Complete on 7/23, just awaiting that hold bois :p

ON-HOLD=Waitlisted for interview, right??? At least not a straight R LOL

Were you all notified via email or did they change the portal interface?

It was an email, there's no real portal.

I don't think they've sent out any straight rejections, so there is still a chance, but it seems that most acceptances in prior years have been given to those not placed on hold. Limeyguy the fact that you didn't get a hold may just mean you're still in the running for an II!

Reactions: 2 users
What does it mean to be placed on hold? What did the On-Hold email say?

Dear Wolvvs,

Thank you for your recent application to the School of Medicine at New York Medical College. The Committee for Admissions has completed a careful review of your credentials. As of this date, your application has been placed "on hold". New York Medical College conducts interviews from September through the end of March. Applications placed on hold may be reviewed again up until Mid-March for an interview. You will be immediately notified by email of any changes to the status of your application, and therefore request you do not call the Office of Admissions requesting this information.

If you wish to send an update to your application, it may be submitted electronically via email only ([email protected]). All updates are placed in an applicant's file and will be reviewed by the committee. Unfortunately, we are unable to acknowledge receipt of updates due to the large volume we receive.

We thank you again for your interest in New York Medical College.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions
School of Medicine
New York Medical College

Reactions: 1 users
>Unfortunately, we are unable to acknowledge receipt of updates due to the large volume we receive.

Kind of sounds like email updates just go into the junk mail folder :/

Dear Wolvvs,

Thank you for your recent application to the School of Medicine at New York Medical College. The Committee for Admissions has completed a careful review of your credentials. As of this date, your application has been placed "on hold". New York Medical College conducts interviews from September through the end of March. Applications placed on hold may be reviewed again up until Mid-March for an interview. You will be immediately notified by email of any changes to the status of your application, and therefore request you do not call the Office of Admissions requesting this information.

If you wish to send an update to your application, it may be submitted electronically via email only ([email protected]). All updates are placed in an applicant's file and will be reviewed by the committee. Unfortunately, we are unable to acknowledge receipt of updates due to the large volume we receive.

We thank you again for your interest in New York Medical College.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions
School of Medicine
New York Medical College

Gotcha, thanks.

Complete 8/7/19 and nothing yet. I am guessing they haven't reviewed my application yet? Didn't get the hold email either.