2019-2020 Northeast Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We can squash all the conjecture now... pass/fail step will not start any earlier than Jan 2022

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was looking at the match list for Neomed and was seeing that most of the matches are in Ohio. If you want to match in the south due to personal reasons, is it still possible from Neomed? I had to drop off the waitlist of a school in my home state to CTE at Neomed and now I’m somewhat scared I might not be able to go back for residency?

I was looking at the match list for Neomed and was seeing that most of the matches are in Ohio. If you want to match in the south due to personal reasons, is it still possible from Neomed? I had to drop off the waitlist of a school in my home state to CTE at Neomed and now I’m somewhat scared I might not be able to go back for residency?

Keep in mind that NEOMED is a small state school that looks for people who want to stay in the area, so a lot of the students do stay in Ohio. That said, as long as you do well in your classes, exams, and clerkships, there is no reason that you couldn't have a normal shot at out of state residencies.

I wonder if we'll still have waitlist movement past this week since accepted applicants were required to CTE by June 15th and I feel like most applicants wouldn't CTE if they weren't actually attending the school.

Reactions: 1 users
NEOMED is usually 50/50 in state/out of state matches. A lot of people match in state because they WANT to match in state. One thing that's important for residency apps is "why would this student want to come here." If you want to go back to your home state... thats a pretty compelling reason for you to write about in your PS/do your aways there/talk about in interviews. For example, if you look at NEOMED match list and see people matching in California... a notoriously hard state to match in.. most of those students are from Cali anyways and are able to go back home for residency.

It's definitely possible. You'll have to work a little harder than if you went to Case Western for example but its definitely something you can work towards!

Reactions: 1 user
So i guess no waitlist movement....
Yea, I guess so.... the wait is getting excruciating. We might hear something next week (still mid June I guess) because I believe they might be backed up due to COVID-19. I’m still hopeful but it’s definitely getting harder

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I guess so.... the waiting is getting excruciating. We might hear something next week (still mid June I guess) because I believe they might be backed up due to COVID-19. I’m still hopeful but it’s definitely getting harder
You're getting in next week! I have no knowledge that you don't but I'm just trying to speak it into existence!!

• Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
You're getting in next week! I have no knowledge that you don't but I'm just trying to speak it into existence!!

thanks for the encouragement! I need all the support I can get to get through this long waiting period lol

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone here apply to the M2 transfer program this year? Any idea how many seats are available?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone here apply to the M2 transfer program this year? Any idea how many seats are available?

This page says up to 4 slots will be available for M2 transfer this year (under June 1 update). Good luck to you both!

For those still on the waitlist, have yall submitted a reapp? Starting to lose hope with lack of movement in the last couple weeks :(

For those still on the waitlist, have yall submitted a reapp? Starting to lose hope with lack of movement in the last couple weeks :(
Hi! I am in the mid 80's and I did submit the reapp unfortunately :( I figured I didn't want to jeopardize next cycle at all. To me it was worth it to spend the $1000 and (hopefully) get some good news from NEOMED in the meantime.

Yes. Well, I'm tweaking my PS until my last transcript is received, then I'm submitting hopefully any day now.

ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST!!!!!!!! Originally number 104, down to 91 after the survey!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Does this mean our waitlist ranks don’t mean much and they’re picking who they want? So confused

I'm so confused right now. Idk what is happening. I emailed James and he told me that he will look at it tomorrow so I'm at a lost for words

Last edited by a moderator:
The real question is, did those who got accepted pay their deposit and drop another opportunity? Because big yikes.

I'm guessing that it's a glitch--ranked late 200s and I got an offer.

wow, thats amazing! Congrats! Did you send anything like letter of Intent or something? IS or OOS?

You'd think they would have send out an email or something by now considering the severity of the issue.

Reactions: 2 users
You'd think they would have send out an email or something by now considering the severity of the issue.

I just got a response back. They basically said that COVID-19 has impacted them and that they are still making offers and I still have a shot. So idk if they addressed the issue

@Kwon1 I got a similar response, he made it sound like they aren't going based off of the ranking anymore and have a separate "rubric"

• Haha
Whelp best of luck to everyone sounds like there's no way to know where we stand

@Kwon1 I got a similar response, he made it sound like they aren't going based off of the ranking anymore and have a separate "rubric"

yea they basically said, “one of which is making offers of admission in rounds this summer with a recent round-specific variation in weighting rubric factors.” so what’s the point of having our ranks

yea they basically said, “one of which is making offers of admission in rounds this summer with a recent round-specific variation in weighting rubric factors.” so what’s the point of having our ranks
Sounds like to me they might be weighing location you're moving from more heavily bc of COVID and maybe academic factors bc they want students who are going succeed regardless of COVID challenges to the curriculum?

Regardless that really sucks... feels like they need more justification to make such a drastic change.

Wonder if they would accept letters of intent or updates now?

Wonder if they would accept letters of intent or updates now?
Send it. Seems like rules flew out the window. Do whatever each and every one of you can to get a seat in next years class. Good luck to everyone. I hope the outcome is fair and what you want it to be!!

Send it. Seems like rules flew out the window. Do whatever each and every one of you can to get a seat in next years class. Good luck to everyone. I hope the outcome is fair and what you want it to be!!

who do we send the letter of intent to

Agreed with JustTryingToHelp. Sorry this is happening to y’all; I’ve never seen something like this either.

• Haha
To those who got in but weren’t next in line according to ranking- what state are you guys from? (Congratulations btw!)

What does this even mean..

What does this even mean..

I'm assuming it means that they decided to change up their admissions protocol in the last few weeks and now go "Lets admit x amount that have the highest score in y criteria" and y changes for each "round"?