2019-2020 Northeast Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats guys!! This is super exciting! The village might have some rooms left, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're full at this point :/

I hope they have room left lmao. During the second look, they did say that they never have trouble about space. So I hope that’s the case. Or else I’m died lmao

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I hope they have room left lmao. During the second look, they did say that they never have trouble about space. So I hope that’s the case. Or else I’m died lmao
The village will have space I would guess I just know not all rising M3s have moved out yet (some are staying until aug 1) so idk if that would cause issues. Just call!

Members don't see this ad :)
The office staff struggled to find me a room that I could move into this month (as opposed to moving in after August 15th) that had a female roommate. I was originally set up to room with a male before they shuffled stuff around for me. Depending on your roommate preference, you might find space.

Why would a move in after aug 15 be an option? I thought classes started july 27???

Why would a move in after aug 15 be an option? I thought classes started july 27???
When the current M3s ( my class) started, NEOMED academic calendar started in late august, last year that was shifted forward to July. However any M3s currently living here have been on 12 month leases since 2018 and therefore they end Aug 1st. A good portion of students were able to move out early to open up spots for your class... however not everyone was able to move by July 1 instead of aug 1 (often due to COVID shifted STEP dates) so its affecting spots for this year. August 15th gives them time to inspect, clean and fix any issues with those rooms.

Remember Village is not owned by NEOMED. Village has to operate based on whatever rules NEOMED sets.

Accepted!!!! I was ranked 89 on that waitlist. For anyone who is looking for a roommate please feel free to PM me, I kind of would prefer to live in Kent.

Reactions: 5 users
Aww James was so sweet. After got the email, he called me to congratulate me. Maybe because I contacted him so many times lmao

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know when neomed is planning to announce their plan for the upcoming semester/year in terms of virtual vs in person?

Is anyone on here in the 100-150 range on the waitlist?

Hey guys, sorry I didn’t update y’all. I got accepted yesterday and so did my friend who was early 90s!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how long we have to commit to enroll on amcas once accepted?

They listed a deadline for the deposit and offer of acceptance letter. Is it for commit to enroll on amcas too?
Yes it’s commit to enroll. You might have to refresh if you PTEd somewhere else. Congrats!

Just going to throw this out there again, if anyone is unable to get into the Village or still needs a roommate let me know!

Orientation online. Class mostly online. They will have you in person for small socially distanced groups for things they can't do online.

That isn't "official word" but that's what we've been hearing.

Orientation online. Class mostly online. They will have you in person for small socially distanced groups for things they can't do online.

That isn't "official word" but that's what we've been hearing.
Wondering mostly for the first four weeks, the summer semester they have for M1s, if that will be completely online

Wondering mostly for the first four weeks, the summer semester they have for M1s, if that will be completely online
Shoot an email to the course director I'm sure they would be happy to tell you what they know!

With cases spiking as we speak, it could change any day... but at least they will give you what the current idea is.

For those who were recently accepted, do you guys get your NEOMED email or login information yet?

Does anyone know if Neomed is done making waitlist offers? I know its already July but there seemed to be a lot of movement last week

Does anyone know if Neomed is done making waitlist offers? I know its already July but there seemed to be a lot of movement last week
Historically, they've made offers up until classes starting, multiple people get in (3 my year) that week leading up. I would assume this trend would continue.. but if you're more than 15-20 spots away on the waitlist I'm thinking that might be a stretch at this point.

Hi guys, I JUST got accepted!!!!! I was ranked 104 post survey.
Best of luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 6 users
where do majority of students live if they cannot get a place in the village?

where do majority of students live if they cannot get a place in the village?
There's an apartment complex right off the highway at the kent exit (33, near los girasoles) that a few people live at. There's a small neighborhood in rootstown where people rent out full home (4 people live at a time). Some people live scattered around other apartment complexes in kent.

I just called village leasing office and they said they don’t have any room available and the earliest I can move in would be 15th August. And I believe the orientation is 27th July so I don’t know where to live prior to that. Anyone know what’s the best thing to do now. I’m so confused lol

I just called village leasing office and they said they don’t have any room available and the earliest I can move in would be 15th August. And I believe the orientation is 27th July so I don’t know where to live prior to that. Anyone know what’s the best thing to do now. I’m so confused lol
Definitely get an airbnb. You can find some for about $500-$700 for that time frame. Not the best situation in the world but probably your cheapest option if you want to be here and also live in village.

Also if you live in ohio you could contact neomed and see if they know which days you have to be here in person and you could see if maybe you won't need to be here that many days during that time and only come up here in short spurts.

My first post. My post survey WL position is close to 104, so I'm back to neurotically checking my email.
I was doing so well at dropping that toxic habit too until now LOL.

Reactions: 4 users
AYE congrats another CA I love it
Thank you! How long did it take for them to get back to you regarding paperwork/health/housing? I'm wondering if I might need to do an airbnb until housing at the village becomes available.

Thank you! How long did it take for them to get back to you regarding paperwork/health/housing? I'm wondering if I might need to do an airbnb until housing at the village becomes available.

judging by earlier posts, you are probably going to have to make some sort of arrangement for housing until August 15th. You can apply for a spot at the village through their website and the leasing office will email you about it :)

judging by earlier posts, you are probably going to have to make some sort of arrangement for housing until August 15th. You can apply for a spot at the village through their website and the leasing office will email you about it :)
Thank you! I just submitted an application to the village. Ahhh this last minute search is giving me anxiety haha.