2019-2020 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an II today after being rejected a few weeks ago. I won’t be accepting so I hope it goes to someone who’s waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I also got an II today after being rejected in April. Is this a real thing?

Reactions: 1 users
I was rejected back in October but just got an interview invite yesterday! Weird. Are they running short on students this year?
There are about 400 students or so in the 2023 class with both campuses, that gives a lot more turnover than a lot of other programs when people start to get off other waitlist and such.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I got into my dream school on Thursday, and gave up my seat at the Fort Lauderdale campus. I hope one of you gets it, good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew from the Ft Lauderdale campus. Hope is goes to one of you!!!

I will be withdrawing my acceptance to the Tampa Bay campus as I got off the waitlist at one of my top schools.
I'm sad to be withdrawing because I really liked the school and felt like the M2's at TBR were so helpful.
Good luck to everyone on the waitlist and those who are interviewing soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Was just offered a spot off of the waitlist this morning but I declined. I hope it goes to one of yall!!

Was just offered a spot off of the waitlist this morning but I declined. I hope it goes to one of yall!!
For the love of all that is good, please Nova! Lol do you mind sharing stats?

Lux when you get in I only hope to be your Gronk this fall. Tampa would not be ready
I’m not saying it’s the main reason I want to get in here but it’s definitely up there! Lol I‘m for sure going to some of their games!

Steadfast my friend! I was just accepted yesterday off the WL!! Excited beyond belief! There's still hope for you.
Do acceptance emails usually go out in the mornings? Also, do you mind sharing stats?

Do acceptance emails usually go out in the mornings? Also, do you mind sharing stats?
They called first mid-morning around 1100, then email confirmation the next day early evening around 1500. 500 mcat, 3.4 ish sGPA, 3.65 graduate gpa. Honestly, showing continued interest with pertinent updates (volunteering, etc) is key in my opinion, especially with a school where community involvement/volunteering is highly valued.

Members don't see this ad :)
They called first mid-morning around 1100, then email confirmation the next day early evening around 1500. 500 mcat, 3.4 ish sGPA, 3.65 graduate gpa. Honestly, showing continued interest with pertinent updates (volunteering, etc) is key in my opinion, especially with a school where community involvement/volunteering is highly valued.
Oh wow so they actually call? I thought they only sent emails lol. Where did you send updates?

Yeah my mcat is 501 with two sections that are 124 so I was just wondering if they had some sort of a minimum.
I'm not sure of your status, but you likely would not have been offered an II, much less a WL spot if your scores weren't up to par.

Does anyone know if there are two alternate list distinctions? In last years thread, there seemed to be two, “alternate-accepted “ and then the standard “alternate”.

Oh wow so they actually call? I thought they only sent emails lol. Where did you send updates?
I was called at 9:00am EST. I declined the offer before they mentioned the campus selection. However the person who called me was at the Davie campus.

I was called at 9:00am EST. I declined the offer before they mentioned the campus selection. However the person who called me was at the Davie campus.
Awesome, thanks! And you were on the alternate list?

I was placed on the alternate list back in November!
Great, so I guess there aren’t different alternate list distinctions like in last years cycle. Well I wish you well at your school of choice, future colleague!

does anyone know what the email to reach admissions for this school is? i’ve been trying to reach them, but could not find the email on their website (maybe i wasn’t looking in the right place) i filled out like a message form but they never got back to me. can you anyone send the email if they know it? Thanks!

For those that got Zoom interview invites....was a reply to the email required? I went to the link and scheduled my interview, but didn't know if I should have also replied to the email.

I got a confirmation email that my interview was scheduled, but no Zoom links yet.

Just got accepted to Tampa Bay campus this afternoon!!

Any students from Tampa Bay campus?

Congratulations everyone! If anyone gets into the Davie location, please let me know! Thanks!!

Does anyone know for certain if there are any available spots at the Davie campus, or are we interviewing for the waitlist?

I also couldn't find an official online academic calendar for the College of Osteopathic Medicine. Does anyone know the dates for this year's orientation, white coat ceremony, and first day of classes? If anyone has the link to the calendar, please share.

Does anyone know for certain if there are any available spots at the Davie campus, or are we interviewing for the waitlist?

I also couldn't find an official online academic calendar for the College of Osteopathic Medicine. Does anyone know the dates for this year's orientation, white coat ceremony, and first day of classes? If anyone has the link to the calendar, please share.
I cannot say for certain but it's doubtful there are spots available at Davie. I remember them saying there was a date where they would stop moving people off the campus waitlist as well but I can't remember the date. July 27th orientation starts and the current date for Tampa white coat is august 15th. No finalized schedule for courses yet.

During my interview this week we were told first that "there are spots available at both campuses, but more at Clearwater", then told later that we would be ranked for the wait list, then told after that that we weren't interviewing for the waitlist and there is about 3-5 spots available, but it is likely more will open. So a bit of mixed messages all around to be honest, but hoping for the best!

During my interview this week we were told first that "there are spots available at both campuses, but more at Clearwater", then told later that we would be ranked for the wait list, then told after that that we weren't interviewing for the waitlist and there is about 3-5 spots available, but it is likely more will open. So a bit of mixed messages all around to be honest, but hoping for the best!
How big was your interview group? Do you know if you guys would be the last interview group?

How big was your interview group? Do you know if you guys would be the last interview group?
My day was about 20. I don't know about the second day. These are the last groups, as far as we were told. We were told that they had to cut interviews short by 2 days due to coronavirus, so they wanted to give people who may have interviewed if COVID wasn't a thing a chance. They said they will make decisions today, and get back to people next week. That may be for just the interviewers, but I'm hoping you'll hear some good news too! :)

My day was about 20. I don't know about the second day. These are the last groups, as far as we were told. We were told that they had to cut interviews short by 2 days due to coronavirus, so they wanted to give people who may have interviewed if COVID wasn't a thing a chance. They said they will make decisions today, and get back to people next week. That may be for just the interviewers, but I'm hoping you'll hear some good news too! :)

The interesting part is that I was rejected before covid happened and interviewed this week anyway. However the interview was not the time to be a smart mouth

The interesting part is that I was rejected before covid happened and interviewed this week anyway. However the interview was not the time to be a smart mouth
Yes, same! I thought the same thing. It kind of seemed like everyone was on a sort of different page. I think it looks better to say that they were always going to interview us, as opposed to saying a lot of people are withdrawing for various reasons so they reconsidered. Either way, Im so thankful.

Interviewed yesterday and just received an email saying that I’ve been classified as “Alternate” candidate. Has anybody else gotten the same/similar email?

Interviewed yesterday and just received an email saying that I’ve been classified as “Alternate” candidate. Has anybody else gotten the same/similar email?
Same here, I have a good feeling as of now. Glad to find this out now compared to next week!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say just about all of us got alternated

I've been on the alternate list since early May. Hopefully there is some movement soon. In last years thread, there was movement until mid July

Yeah during my interview 2 days ago, they all said different things so I got the impression that we were interviewing for waitlist based on all of that. If there were spots and there was a high chance of straight out acceptance, they all would have known that and said that instead of saying random different things to make us feel better about interviewing for waitlist.