2019-2020 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Ohio State University

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone gotten a secondary yet?

According to last year's reddit tracker, we should've expected them on Monday...What'er you doin, Ohio?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! M3 here at OSU to try to answer any questions you may have. I would say sit tight this year and don't compare the timeline to previous years. We've had some changes in the admissions staff, and they're all getting acclimated and getting things ready for you guys so that admissions season goes smoothly for everyone! Feel free to PM questions too!

Reactions: 5 users
This is my top choice, I'm so anxious to get the secondary hahah

Secondary received:

REQUIRED ESSAY FOR THOSE APPLYING TO REGULAR M.D., M.D./PhD AND THE PRIMARY CARE TRACK:
The mission statement of The Ohio State University College of Medicine is to "improve people's lives" through innovation in research, medical education, and patient care. Please describe how your past experiences predict your potential to contribute in two of these three areas. (250 words or less)

REQUIRED ESSAY FOR THOSE APPLYING TO REGULAR M.D., M.D./PhD AND THE PRIMARY CARE TRACK:
The OSU COM Admissions vision statement states that the admissions committee will assemble a class that displays "diversity in background and thought." Why is "diversity in background and thought" a desirable characteristic for a medical school's student body? (250 words or less)

ADDITIONAL REQUIRED ESSAY ONLY FOR THOSE APPLYING TO THE PRIMARY CARE TRACK:
Describe the experiences you have had and any additional influences on your decision to apply to the OSU Primary Care Track three year program. (250 words or less

Why are you interested in a Family Medicine specific accelerated program? (250 words or less)

Appears to be the same as last year tg. Website's a little weird tho.

@PapaGuava

Secondary received:

The mission statement of The Ohio State University College of Medicine is to "improve people's lives" through innovation in research, medical education, and patient care. Please describe how your past experiences predict your potential to contribute in two of these three areas. (250 words or less)

The OSU COM Admissions vision statement states that the admissions committee will assemble a class that displays "diversity in background and thought." Why is "diversity in background and thought" a desirable characteristic for a medical school's student body? (250 words or less)

Describe the experiences you have had and any additional influences on your decision to apply to the OSU Primary Care Track three year program. (250 words or less

Why are you interested in a Family Medicine specific accelerated program? (250 words or less)

Appears to be the same as last year tg. Website's a little weird tho.

@PapaGuava
Can you just yolo the primary track essays without it affecting your overall consideration into the MD program?

Edit: NVM. I looked it up. Only one and you had to email ahead of time for consideration into this program @anyone else who is curious :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I actually haven’t received a secondary from here yet. They must be doing them in waves.

I actually haven’t received a secondary from here yet. They must be doing them in waves.
+1 ... since the person above got the primary track essays, i'm gonna assume its because of that and regular MDs are still waiting.

Secondary just received. Reg MD program. OOS

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received. Thought it was michigan monday. I am excited, but was also disappointed....

Secondary received. Thought it was michigan monday. I am excited, but was also disappointed....
Same. At least it's something to do during this wait lol

Anyone having trouble entering their application code and birthdate? It keeps saying they're incorrect

Reactions: 2 users

The mission statement of The Ohio State University College of Medicine is to "improve people's lives" through innovation in research, medical education, and patient care. Please describe how your past experiences predict your potential to contribute in two of these three areas. (250 words or less)​
*REQUIRED ESSAY FOR THOSE APPLYING TO REGULAR M.D., M.D./PhD AND THE PRIMARY CARE TRACK:
The OSU COM Admissions vision statement states that the admissions committee will assemble a class that displays "diversity in background and thought." Why is "diversity in background and thought" a desirable characteristic for a medical school's student body? (250 words or less)​
Describe the experiences you have had and any additional influences on your decision to apply to the OSU Primary Care Track three year program. (250 words or less)​
Why are you interested in a Family Medicine specific accelerated program? (250 words or less)​
Weird formatting bc I'm on mobile. @PapaGuava

It is working now. I hate when schools use their own format instead of the third party ones...

Anyone having trouble entering their application code and birthdate? It keeps saying they're incorrect
I couldn't copy and paste the code and I had to reload the page after I tried to make it work

This application has the weirdest and most frustrating formatting lol. Mine keeps tweaking.

Secondary received today too. IS, Regular MD. Good luck to everyone!

Edit: Agree, this portal is a little wack. Welp...

Reactions: 2 users
This is a really buggy secondary...keep getting error messages on the first page and unable to move on....

unable to submit because of page errors

Mine submitted without a problem - what errors have you all noticed? I was an MD applicant.

Submission fee is only $80, you get what you pay for guys ;)

Go apply to Dartmouth if you want user-friendly portals

Was able to submit successfully. Do not know about all the technical errors y'all dealt with...?

I had errors twice, but I logged out and logged back in and was able to submit just now

i had to delete some weird college in imported for my military service

I can't even make a new account help...

@ my FAP peeps... do we have to submit some waiver request? The link doesn't have instructions for AAMC FAP people i don't think...

How did you guys get your selective service number? It's been so long since I had to register
I had the card I was mailed still in my wallet luckily. But I think you can call them?

Anyone else get further login info after submitting?

I got an email with an OSU ID# and steps to activate an OSU username?

Reactions: 3 users
I dont think this is right?
I feel like schools shouldn't give you an ID # or login info if you're not a student there?

Anyone else have significant ties to this school but having a hard time finding a way to work that in to these blasted essay prompts? Ideas?

After submitting, why is the page with the degree, school, graduation date etc. blank? I literally saved it multiple times, and everytime I logged out that page was blank and I had to rewrite everything. Literally quadruple checked that it was filled in before I submitted... Anyone else?