2019-2020 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you ever email them (Dr. Schriner) asking what you could improve on your application? I did a while ago after my WL notification and they suggested that I was in great shape on the waitlist with nothing really to recommend. I didnt know how to take this but get my hopes up that I wouldve heard something by now

Yes, I emailed Dr. Rice right after my WL notification back in December. I was told a few weeks ago that they wouldn’t be ranking the WL until this week, so we theoretically should see movement any time now lol. I think some of this is delayed because of the coronavirus, so I wouldn’t get too worried yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

maintain hope! lots of game left to be played between now and august, including may15 deadline to hold only one DO seat, and the fact that there are a ton of schools in Ohio churning slowly through their respective waitlists!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you ever email them (Dr. Schriner) asking what you could improve on your application? I did a while ago after my WL notification and they suggested that I was in great shape on the waitlist with nothing really to recommend. I didnt know how to take this but get my hopes up that I wouldve heard something by now
I had the exact same experience. Dr. Rice actually said “I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if Dr. Schriner chose to add you to the class in the next few weeks.” (This was after my interview on April 7th) It just got my hopes way up and has made me super restless during this time. I hope we both get the call soon!

When I emailed, Schriner said "Hang in there, do not give up on us" which I took to be a positive? maybe he says that to everyone

It just feels weird that NO one has been called off this cycle to my knowledge

When I emailed, Schriner said "Hang in there, do not give up on us" which I took to be a positive? maybe he says that to everyone

I got a similar email, so I don't know if he says that to everyone or if it's a positive sign. I also got something similar in response to my thank you note to one of my interviewers. I'm really hoping it's positive.

Also on the waitlist, interviewed back in January. When I called for feedback, Dr. Rice also told me that I'm in good shape to get pulled off the list. If it means anything, I sent some updates two weeks ago, and I heard back from admissions saying that we should be notified of any next steps soon and that procedures are more or less the same as before despite the pandemic.

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist, and hope to see some of y'all wonderful people soon.

Reactions: 1 users
Also on the waitlist, interviewed back in January. When I called for feedback, Dr. Rice also told me that I'm in good shape to get pulled off the list. If it means anything, I sent some updates two weeks ago, and I heard back from admissions saying that we should be notified of any next steps soon and that procedures are more or less the same as before despite the pandemic.

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist, and hope to see some of y'all wonderful people soon.
did you ask for that information or did they just provide it?

Seems like a decent amount of us are hearing that we are “in good shape to be pulled off the WL” or some other variation. Makes me wonder if that’s just something they say to everyone then ☹️ It is hard not to get your hopes up after hearing something like that, especially if it’s your only potential A.

did you ask for that information or did they just provide it?

I asked them for it.

Seems like a decent amount of us are hearing that we are “in good shape to be pulled off the WL” or some other variation. Makes me wonder if that’s just something they say to everyone then ☹ It is hard not to get your hopes up after hearing something like that, especially if it’s your only potential A.

While it's true that a good amount of us may be hearing such about the WL from Dr. Rice and Dr. Schriner and I share some of waitlist anxiety with y'all, keep in mind that we SDNers represent a small subset of the OUHCOM waitlist. Perhaps those who had heard worse about their disposition on the WL or rejections are not willing to post (which is mostly true so far on here). Perhaps they don't have an SDN account. Perhaps that we are all superstars. Hang in there!

EDIT: One poster did get rejected post-II, but that was way back in November

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Do they always call for waitlist acceptances or is it possible to just receive an email with no call?

Do they always call for waitlist acceptances or is it possible to just receive an email with no call?

It says on the portal that we will receive a phone call from either Dr. Schriner, Dr. Rice, or Ms. Harman. I still check my email frequently though

Members don't see this ad :)
Happy Friday to all, any movement?

Gosh I really hope so. I’m honestly driving myself crazy at this point.

I’ll keep telling myself that it’s true for my sanity. I’m very surprised there hasn’t been any movement since last year’s thread had a few the first few weeks of May. This cycle is a bit different, though.

Last edited:
When I interviewed they said the class was already oversubscribed. I think that might result in a longer wait for seats than last year. Also, this year is just a little bit different than anything we've seen before. I'm hoping there just hasn't been movement yet.

When I interviewed they said the class was already oversubscribed. I think that might result in a longer wait for seats than last year. Also, this year is just a little bit different than anything we've seen before. I'm hoping there just hasn't been movement yet.

When was your interview?

From reading some of these posts, it seems like students have to make their decision by May 15th. If that is true according to traffic guidelines on AACOMAS, then I wouldn't worry until after that May 15th, they may be waiting to see just exactly what they are dealing with and what seats are going to be opening up. I know they met this past Tuesday and ranked the waitlist, so its only been ranked for 3-4 days now. I have been worried a little bit, but hearing they went 60-70 students deep on the waitlist gives me a little hope. Only a week until may 15, so hopefully soon we'll be seeing some movement.

Don’t schools usually overbook seats? I feel like this cycle is delayed by three weeks.

Don’t schools usually overbook seats? I feel like this cycle is delayed by three weeks.

Every school accepts 1.5 - 2x their matriculation class because of how common it is to drop acceptances and switch schools. This still leaves them with room to pull from their waitlist.

Hoping we see some movement in the next couple of weeks!

anyone hear anything?
I was called this morning and offered the post bacc program. She said there will not be movement from the waitlist until late May and said I was in good position to be pulled off the waitlist but wanted to let me know my options in the event I am not pulled off. She said I was offered post bacc because I am a URM. Hope we all hear some good news soon!

I was called this morning and offered the post bacc program. She said there will not be movement from the waitlist until late May and said I was in good position to be pulled off the waitlist but wanted to let me know my options in the event I am not pulled off. She said I was offered post bacc because I am a URM. Hope we all hear some good news soon!
well congrats on post bacc! that's good news. did you send any updates? what were your stats

Thanks! I will say it seems weird that they would say you have a good chance of being pulled off, but then offered you the post bacc program. Im getting so many different vibes from how they are informing students lol

• Haha
I wonder if it might be worth it to call and ask for an update on the process?

I wonder if it might be worth it to call and ask for an update on the process?
I’ve been wondering the same thing. If you do, please let us know what they say! I think we’re all going crazy at this point.

I was just offered a spot in the post-bacc! Athens, here I come!!!

Reactions: 2 users

Are you planning on accepting your spot? I was going to PM you but you must not have it set to accept new messages.

Are you planning on accepting your spot? I was going to PM you but you must not have it set to accept new messages.

Congrats!!! I told her I would accept the seat

Last edited:
certainly hope that we hear some movement this week... feeling a little grim

Although I don't know for sure, I'm willing to bet movement will start next monday once they know who is retaining and who is dropping their seat.

I was called late this afternoon and offered a seat at the Athens campus! Hopefully, this will mean more movement for those of you still waiting to hear back.

I was called late this afternoon and offered a seat at the Athens campus! Hopefully, this will mean more movement for those of you still waiting to hear back.
Congrats what were your stats!? Also what kind of feedback did they give you after your interview? Did you call Dr. schriner?