2019-2020 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted today!! I want to say the deadline was Dec 14, but to be honest I was so excited I only heard about half of what they said on the phone, lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted today, so the waiting continues. But they did say at the interview about half of the class spends some time on the waitlist, so for me and the others that find their way on the waitlist, there is still hope.

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted today, so the waiting continues. But they did say at the interview about half of the class spends some time on the waitlist, so for me and the others that find their way on the waitlist, there is still hope.
Keep faith! They told us the same. Keep grinding and send significant updates!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any other FAP applicants still have their status as "awaiting payment" even though admissions have confirmed that your FAP was processed with them?

Any other FAP applicants still have their status as "awaiting payment" even though admissions have confirmed that your FAP was processed with them?
i believe mine did that. it eventually cleared up

i believe mine did that. it eventually cleared up

Thanks! I’ve been sitting like this since mid-July. I did get a complete email in August when my MCAT was verified.

Have a great week!

Lurker, but finally got my MCAT back and submitted my app.

Submitted: 10/17
Verified: 10/18
506 MCAT, 3.56 cGPA, 3.41 sGPA
OOS with strong ties to Oklahoma (family in OK), from a neighboring state, and two good letters from OSU COM grads. 1500+ clinical hours and 200 shadowing.

Just wanting to know any tips for out of staters to really leave an impression with OSU. I love this school and hopefully I will receive an interview invite and can leave a good impression!

Last edited:
Lurker, but finally got my MCAT back and submitted my app.

Submitted: 10/17
Verified: 10/18
506 MCAT, 3.56 cGPA, 3.41 sGPA
OOS with strong ties to Oklahoma (family in OK), from a neighboring state, and two good letters from OSU COM grads. 1500+ clinical hours and 200 shadowing.

Just wanting to know any tips for out of staters to really leave an impression with OSU. I love this school and hopefully I will receive an interview invite and can leave a good impression!
Just be very enthusiastic about the school and location! Sounds like you are!

Waitlisted, interviewed late Sept. with MCAT 505 and both science and cum GPAs of 3.75 IS. On the waiting train now with my pistols up!

Reactions: 2 users
So... I submitted my secondary on 7/3 and my file finally went to complete today.

I'm writing my responses while waiting for the supplemental, and I need clarification. I am OOS, but from Oklahoma, with extremely strong ties (grew up and graduated HS there, OU undergrad, mother and siblings all still live in OK--but I have been in Texas for the last several years). Does the school provide an opportunity to provide ties to Oklahoma, or do I need to fit that into the 500 word "Is there any additional information you would like the college to know about you?" essay response?

I'm writing my responses while waiting for the supplemental, and I need clarification. I am OOS, but from Oklahoma, with extremely strong ties (grew up and graduated HS there, OU undergrad, mother and siblings all still live in OK--but I have been in Texas for the last several years). Does the school provide an opportunity to provide ties to Oklahoma, or do I need to fit that into the 500 word "Is there any additional information you would like the college to know about you?" essay response?

Yes it provides a separate space to discussion ties.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got called for an II on 10/22, scheduled for 11/7
Are you in state or OOS, when were you compete, and your stats if you don’t mind?

Most importantly, CONGRATS and good luck!

Last edited:
Accepted today!! I was offered a spot at the Talequah campus (probably because at my interview they asked about how I liked going to a smaller state school, and I said I really enjoyed the smaller class sizes and the relationships with professors it afforded me). They also mentioned at the interview that we would hear from them in 2-3 weeks, and to not be surprised if we are waitlisted because we were interviewing early and they like to keep enough spots open for strong applicants that may apply late. IS, MCAT 503, cGPA 3.76, sGPA 3.70. I interviewed on Oct. 11th. Any questions you have about the interview process, I am happy to answer.

Accepted today to the Tahlequah campus - was waitlisted on Oct 4. Waitlist folks keep your hopes up!! Interesting though that they are assigning some of us to the Tahlequah campus. I did not mention interest in it in my app, but I am certainly not complaining.

Accepted earlier today! Like the others, the offer is to the Tahlequah campus. And I too was waitlisted around the beginning of the month. My stats are in an earlier post if anyone is interested.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted earlier today! Like the others, the offer is to the Tahlequah campus. And I too was waitlisted around the beginning of the month. My stats are in an earlier post if anyone is interested.
Congrats! Did you put down that you had no preference campus wise?

Congrats! Did you put down that you had no preference campus wise?
I preferred the Tulsa campus, but an acceptance anywhere is better than nowhere! And it’ll still have all of the great stuff that OSU has in Tulsa, so still a great opportunity!

Reactions: 1 users
Are you in state or OOS, when were you compete, and your stats if you don’t mind?

Most importantly, CONGRATS and good luck!

I'm IS (from Tahlequah) and 3.3 sGPA, 3.5 cGPA, 508 MCAT with lots of extracurriculars and shadowing.

Thank you!!

Complete 10/21, OS but from OK, should I send a LOI?

II today! OOS, complete 8/6.

Reactions: 5 users
II today! OOS, complete 8/6.
Was complete 10/23, so I am guessing I will have quite the wait haha. Congrats and good luck!

Accepted today! I live in Tahlequah, and that is the campus I will be attending!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anybody know when we need to and are able to start applying for scholarships?

Yes it provides a separate space to discussion ties.

So, I just got the secondary application invitation, and I do not see a separate space to add ties to Oklahoma, so this response I got earlier this month seems wrong....

So, I just got the secondary application invitation, and I do not see a separate space to add ties to Oklahoma, so this response I got earlier this month seems wrong....

I think people added their OK ties in the is there anything else to add box.

Yes! My apologies, that is what I did as well. Just double checked my app.

thats what I did in mine
Yes! My apologies, that is what I did as well. Just double checked my app.
Thanks for the help! II today. Very excited about that. OOS (Texas), but from Oklahoma with VERY strong ties (graduated HS there, hometown there, family still lives there, etc).

Accepted yesterday (11/20) to Tahlequah!
Submitted 10/12, II 10/31, Interviewed 11/14 (last Thursday), so less than a week turnaround.
IS, 502 MCAT, cGPA 3.6, sGPA ~3.3
I'm a re-applicant. Waitlisted last year.

Reactions: 6 users
does anyone know if they pull from the waitlist here in december?

Accepted today to the Tulsa and Tahlequah campus (I get to pick)!
Submitted my secondary on 10/16
II on 10/31
Interviewed 11/15,
IS, 497 MCAT, cGPA 3.88, sGPA 3.83

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
does anyone know if they pull from the waitlist here in december?
I was waitlisted 2 weeks after interview, and then got accepted to Tahlequah about 2.5 weeks after being waitlisted. So I think they pull from the waitlist pretty often.

Thanks for the help! II today. Very excited about that. OOS (Texas), but from Oklahoma with VERY strong ties (graduated HS there, hometown there, family still lives there, etc).
With you being OOS, when were you complete if you don't care me asking?

Maybe a current student can answer something I'm curious about. Does the Center for Health Sciences have a gym facility at all? Or, if not, I see the OTHER Tulsa campus seems to have a rather small but nice workout facility. Do the DO students have access to that?