2019-2020 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
My friend is also withdrawing her acceptance from here today.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank goodness. I was feeling pretty low yesterday
The fact that no one else said they got top 30 out of everyone on SDN who is wait listed makes me think they haven't really sent any emails.

They did state the committee was not meeting until early May, which only started today. So I would say no worrying yet! That's how I'm coping at least.

Reactions: 1 user
The fact that no one else said they got top 30 out of everyone on SDN who is wait listed makes me think they haven't really sent any emails.

They did state the committee was not meeting until early May, which only started today. So I would say no worrying yet! That's how I'm coping at least.

"The PNWU-COM Admission Committee met and ranked 30 of the waitlist, those applicants have been emailed notification. Unfortunately you were not included in that initial ranking."

That's what the email said last year!

"The PNWU-COM Admission Committee met and ranked 30 of the waitlist, those applicants have been emailed notification. Unfortunately you were not included in that initial ranking."

That's what the email said last year!
Thats good to know! But I didn't get an email about ranking or not ranking at all so I'm guessing they haven't done rank yet. Or if they started they aren't finished! :)

Waitlist folks: Keep your head up you guys! May has only just begun and the deadline for picking one MD school was yesterday, which means even if they have started ranking the waitlist already, not everybody that is on that initial waitlist will have emailed PNWU adcom telling them that they are going to a different school. Additionally, as the day of deciding one DO school nears (May 15th), there will be a lot more movement and I'm sure we will all receive some sort of news sooner or later :)

Reactions: 7 users

That's how I was attempting to cope too but I also didn't want to flat out think someone was lying because that would make them a pretty ****ty person.

That's how I was attempting to cope too but I also didn't want to flat out think someone was lying because that would make them a pretty ****ty person.
I meant more like, they could be doing selection in waves and so not all ranked 30 spots are chosen and have yet to be emailed. And that's why the unranked email hasn't come either. No idea but let's keep hoping for the best!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I meant more like, they could be doing selection in waves and so not all ranked 30 spots are chosen and have yet to be emailed. And that's why the unranked email hasn't come either. No idea but let's keep hoping for the best!!
I like that theory

Just got the call and was initially ranked top 20!! There is movement. Best of luck!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone who applied/got accepted into the PNWU cycle this year do the MAMS program last year?

I called and they said the waitlist has been totally ranked and that there would not be an additional email. I am devastated and I think I am giving up on this dream this has been really hard for me. Good luck to everyone. I am sure you will all make outstanding doctors.
Wow. I am very bummed too. I was hoping to hear good news. I guess it’s back to the drawing board for another cycle. I understand the sentiment and feel disenfranchised myself

I called and they said the waitlist has been totally ranked and that there would not be an additional email. I am devastated and I think I am giving up on this dream this has been really hard for me. Good luck to everyone. I am sure you will all make outstanding doctors.
What do you mean “totally” ranked?

I called as well this afternoon. Apparently they ranked all the way through 30 and emails were sent out :'(
Well last week when that person said they got the email, they also said the next day they already got the call for acceptance and they were ranked top 20. Which means they could already have almost the entire top 30 accepted. If I understood correctly from last year, once all 30 were accepted they reranked the remaining wait list and started over until the class was full.

I called as well this afternoon. Apparently they ranked all the way through 30 and emails were sent out :'(
What a gut punch. It looks like the Facebook group gained 22 people in the past week. I have the tiniest shred of hope that there’s some movement after May 15th?! Ugh.

Reactions: 1 users
My interviewers told me they were impressed with my answers and they hope to see me in fall. Its so weird that they didnt even rank me when they almost made me feel like an acceptance was on my way. Not sure how they came up with the ranking.
The same happened to me. I was told “I’ll see you next fall” by one of the interviewers, so I had been expecting good news.

• Sad

Seriously? This is absolutely heart shattering.

Just got the email that I'm ranked top 20 so there is movement guys!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Oh man..I really hope I am ranked.

So I just got the top 30 email....the universe just loves toying with me, I had grieved and decided to move on which was difficult in its own right. Am I correct that at this point I still probably have a very small chance of getting in? or do I have an honest go god chance at this point? being top 30 now is just a tease right?
I'm doing my best not to count my chickens before they hatch... so trying not to get my hopes too high but this is positive news.

so since they are re ranking the waitlist that means they have already gone through the top 30 and moved on to the next thirty. they have never gone through that many seats in the past correct so highly unlikely I will get the call. This seems correct, right?
It's not even May 15th yet so I wouldn't get discouraged, people get accepted up to the days/weeks before school starts

so since they are re ranking the waitlist that means they have already gone through the top 30 and moved on to the next thirty. they have never gone through that many seats in the past correct so highly unlikely I will get the call. This seems correct, right?

I'm curious because what if hypothetically the top 30 had all accepted somewhere else and they rank another 30 and THEY all got accepted elsewhere too? Would they continue to rank and pull until filled up? Or do they just stop after like 50-60 total ranked.

I'm curious because what if hypothetically the top 30 had all accepted somewhere else and they rank another 30 and THEY all got accepted elsewhere too? Would they continue to rank and pull until filled up? Or do they just stop after like 50-60 total ranked.
They would keep ranking until they fill the class. I don't think they would stop until they fill all the 150ish (?) seats, doesn't make sense to just stop. They would've rejected you if they didn't want you on their campus, they wouldn't put you on the waitlist if they weren't interested in you. So if a spot opens up, they'll pull from the waitlist until the class fills

Reactions: 3 users

Again, to reiterate, highly unlikely, but I understand that they must fill up their class and they can't do that unless they get the right amount of people.

Additionally, I emailed the admissions committee this morning asking about capacity and they had said that they are "full, as of now and offers will be made when seats open up". Idk if this means that they have 150ish say they were "committed" as of now, or if there are say, like 100 people accepted, with 50 offers floating suggesting that they can't offer additional spots?

Still no email..I guess that means I'm pretty much out. Congrats and Best of luck to all who received emails!

Additionally, I emailed the admissions committee this morning asking about capacity and they had said that they are "full, as of now and offers will be made when seats open up". Idk if this means that they have 150ish say they were "committed" as of now, or if there are say, like 100 people accepted, with 50 offers floating suggesting that they can't offer additional spots?
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that means they have 150ish people who have paid the deposit/committed and they're waiting for some of those people to give up their offer

Okay this is what I needed to hear. That means I have 0 chance. If they are totally full the odds that 30 people will be accepted elsewhere and then 20-30 people ahead of me turn down the seat has to be close to 0. I wish I would have never gotten this email, to be honest, lol. They should only rank the closest ten after they move through the initial 30 imo. This is just cruel.

Look on the bright side..you're in a better position than those of us who haven't even been ranked at all. Stay hopeful!

There are many people that still hold 2 acceptances. When May 15 comes around I’m sure a lot of people will get offers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are many people that still hold 2 acceptances. When May 15 comes around I’m sure a lot of people will get offers

I sincerely hope so. I am trying to not think about how statistically, it seems unlikely I'll get in due to the amount of people who have already been accepted of the waitlist. I have wanted to go here for so long and I will be so devastated if I don't make it after all of this. Does anyone know if they let you know if you're top 10?

I sincerely hope so. I am trying to not think about how statistically, it seems unlikely I'll get in due to the amount of people who have already been accepted of the waitlist. I have wanted to go here for so long and I will be so devastated if I don't make it after all of this. Does anyone know if they let you know if you're top 10?
From what the thread last year said, they do let you know if your top 10 but I don't know if that's changed from this year.

Right now they have ranked the second list of 30 after going through the first 30 WL applicants. I know this cause I am currently in the 20-30 range. so they rank it in 30 person installments and run through those before ranking another 30 person list. I would say I have a slim to 0 chance with my ranking so if you haven't received an email telling you, you are ranked I would think that it is basically a rejection at this point. I don't say this like I am better than you I am realistically rejected at this point IMO as well. I am only being blunt because that's what I am looking for when I ask these questions, so I am sorry if this comes off as mean.

I personally disagree with your assessment. Making assumptions at this point is premature and unhelpful. Be ready to apply again next cycle but don’t count yourself out just yet.