2019-2020 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Right now they have ranked the second list of 30 after going through the first 30 WL applicants. I know this cause I am currently in the 20-30 range. so they rank it in 30 person installments and run through those before ranking another 30 person list. I would say I have a slim to 0 chance with my ranking so if you haven't received an email telling you, you are ranked I would think that it is basically a rejection at this point. I don't say this like I am better than you I am realistically rejected at this point IMO as well. I am only being blunt because that's what I am looking for when I ask these questions, so I am sorry if this comes off as mean.

Edit: I am super depressed and bitter, sorry for flooding the page with rants.
I’m in the same boat. Was ranked top 20 so I have some hope and am trying to be optimistic!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I was just accepted off the waitlist from my state school so I just withdrew my acceptance from PNWU. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I personally disagree with your assessment. Making assumptions at this point is premature and unhelpful. Be ready to apply again next cycle but don’t count yourself out just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, I went through last year's thread and it seems the same thing sort of happened last year. There was someone mentioning that "their friend" got accepted off the waitlist early May/End of April and then ranking statuses were posted to the thread after that. So, I really think it's the same situation as this year.

With that said, it seems like the next 30 were accepted too but it was slow and went into July.

I'm very hopeful but preparing my applications for the following cycle. I'm on several waitlists.

For last cycle, you said you received an email that said you were unranked, right? At what point did you receive that email because I feel like it had to be in like July???

It was at the same time as the original Top 30 were notified

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I wanted to try and spread some hope and let you know when I received my offer May 1st I was given until May 15th to decide. Therefore there is probably still acceptances floating around that have not been confirmed or denied and admissions will not know of that candidate's decision until May 15th, eliciting some waitlist movement therafter! Good luck all

Reactions: 6 users
Just got an email saying that I'm "unranked as of this point." Not looking too optimistic. Good luck everyone else who is ranked.

Just got an email saying that I'm "unranked as of this point." Not looking too optimistic. Good luck everyone else who is ranked.
I just got the same email

Wait so you are saying last year it looks like they got through 60 peeps on the WL, I thought it was only like 35.... did someone actually come up with an estimation?? I am so worried that I am going to be in the top 5 or something close and not make it. Somehow that seems like such a bad way to not get in.
I don't know about exact numbers. But like I said, I'm optimistic based on previous years' threads. Someone hadn't been ranked in May and when they contacted the school around end of June early July they were told they weren't expecting to rank anymore of the list but some were reranked at mid July. This is all on the last page of last year's thread.

I think the thing about the friend getting accepted off the waitlist happened at the end of April before a lot of "I was ranked ***" posts were on the page. Very similar to this years thread.

There's never going to be a guarantee but you have to try and work through your emotions, man. We all have them. I know it's hard, trust me, but it's not going to get easier from here.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I"m sorry, but thank you for letting us all know those emails were sent out.

Reactions: 2 users
so, as an estimation, how many people do you see getting off the waitlist right now in total?

so, as an estimation, how many people do you see getting off the waitlist right now in total?
I think this year is kind of unprecedented. Last year they ranked the waitlist early May and did not deplete the initial ranking until July I believe? But this year, they depleted the initial ranking within a little over 4 business days. Historically speaking, there has been significant movement in May/June, but this year the normal trends seem to be different.

Btw to those who have been wondering, I spoke with an admissions counselor yesterday and she did confirm they went through the initial 30 as we had all suspected and said that this cycle has been atypical because they don't usually burn through the initial ranking that quickly. She also said that she expects a lot of movement this month because of the May 15th deadline and we will be notified if we move into the top 10!

In my (ignorant and very naive) opinion, I think at LEAST 10 people will get accepted considering previous trends and that many applicants likely have multiple acceptances and may not choose PNWU. I think I said this in a previous post but I am cautiously optimistic :) That being said, take all of this with a grain of salt...I don't think any of us know the inner workings, stats or chances of getting into PNWU. Sorry for spamming this page so much and I sincerely hope we all have fabulous outcomes!

Thank you for coming to my ted talk

Last edited:
so a few days ago I got an email saying I was top 30 ranked in WL. I am wondering what are my chances of getting accepted at all?

So you agree at least though that since I am top 30 I probably shouldn't be holding my breath, correct? It is just so strange that they burned through 30 peeps on the WL in 4 days. Maybe they had more unfilled spots than in previous years, or maybe we got really lucky and a lot of people were accepted at schools that were better for them.
Idk :/ sadly none us do. I just keep thinking about how the May 15th deadline is likely going to cause some movement. It remains to be seen how much though.

if you havent gotten an email saying that youve been ranked....would you assume that you most likely will be rejected?

Can anyone who has been accepted tell me when orientation is gonna be this year? Or even if they have a plan for it yet? I'm really curious how they're planning with the Washington Steps to reopen and stuff. I also feel optimistic about an acceptance here and want to kind of plan for a potential sudden move since I have a family to think of.

Does anyone know if we will be informed if we go from top 30 to top 20 or will they update us only if we are closer to an acceptance? Has anyone has a second update after receiving the first ranking email?

I’m in the top 10 and haven’t heard any movement. Pretty sure they’re waiting for the May 15th deadline to see how many spots they have available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if we will be informed if we go from top 30 to top 20 or will they update us only if we are closer to an acceptance? Has anyone has a second update after receiving the first ranking email?
From what I understood when I spoke to someone, they will email you again when you move from top 30 to 20, and from 20 to 10.

Interesting, I thought they only told you for top 10 based on past years threads.
I had also read in past years of people being in top 10 getting notified which is why I asked about it and it sounded like they will email you saying top 10 when you enter, but I could have misunderstood.

Can anyone who has been accepted tell me when orientation is gonna be this year? Or even if they have a plan for it yet? I'm really curious how they're planning with the Washington Steps to reopen and stuff. I also feel optimistic about an acceptance here and want to kind of plan for a potential sudden move since I have a family to think of.
They don’t know anything yet. They said they’re waiting and going to following the governors guidelines to open or not in the fall or be online.

I'm not going to make any statements about predicting the future. I have no insight about that. But, as someone on a few WLs last year, I can give you some facts. One WL I was on was OHSU's and they have a ranked WL with exact numbers, which was updated daily with what number they're currently at. So you can see the actual movement of the WL daily, which is nerve racking, but extremely nice for making plans about your future based on real time data. This is relevant because OHSU, UW, and WSU have a major impact on PNWU WL movement (yes, this is an assumption, but I think a reasonable one). OHSU's WL movement lasted until the Friday before orientation week, I know this for an absolutely certainty because I was left as the very next person on the WL. Which was awful. But, I write this to let you all know, movement has not stopped, the trickle down effect is real (for once). Get those apps in for next year, but do not lose hope for this year. Good luck to you all.

I'm not going to make any statements about predicting the future. I have no insight about that. But, as someone on a few WLs last year, I can give you some facts. One WL I was on was OHSU's and they have a ranked WL with exact numbers, which was updated daily with what number they're currently at. So you can see the actual movement of the WL daily, which is nerve racking, but extremely nice for making plans about your future based on real time data. This is relevant because OHSU, UW, and WSU have a major impact on PNWU WL movement (yes, this is an assumption, but I think a reasonable one). OHSU's WL movement lasted until the Friday before orientation week, I know this for an absolutely certainty because I was left as the very next person on the WL. Which was awful. But, I write this to let you all know, movement has not stopped, the trickle down effect is real (for once). Get those apps in for next year, but do not lose hope for this year. Good luck to you all.
Man, I just feel for you though. Watching that and being the next one off is like... shattering. Did you apply there again this year?

No. It's a long story, but, I was fortunate enough to get in here. At the end of the day I feel pretty lucky and the year off has helped me a lot.

Are they done ranking/re-ranking at this point? Being brutally honest, if I’m unranked on the waitlist at this time, I am not getting in right?

Are they done ranking/re-ranking at this point? Being brutally honest, if I’m unranked on the waitlist at this time, I am not getting in right?
It's always up in the air but honestly it seems unlikely? It looks like you already have two acceptances though. If I were in your shoes I may just start planning to go to one of my other acceptances at this point.

I just got an update email that I am now in the top 10!

Thank you to everyone who has been regularly updating this forum! I just created an account because I am starting to lose hope and want to encourage others to post! So far, this thread has been more helpful than the admissions office.

I got a top 10 email for everyone(including people who apply this next round) keeping track.

Reactions: 1 users
I know it is May and we have seen 40+ spots go in the last 3 weeks, but does it not make sense that from now on the list movement will slow down significantly? I am in the top 20 atm and I used to think it was impossible that I would get a spot, but now I am starting to consider the possibility. I might have to satisfy 1 semester of English requirements if they will not accept my other humanities credits, I could do that over the summer term, but it would be both time consuming and expensive for me. Am I at the point where I should seriously consider taking that course or is it very unlikely that I will get in. This insane movement at the beginning of this month is just making me doubt how much my fat lady has truly sung. Congrats to everyone who is getting their first A.

After speaking with the admissions office, I was told there should be significant movement until the end of May with it slowing in June. So, I still have a shred of hope.

With that said, previous years the same thing about movement was said but unanticipated movement still happened. COVID-19 also adds to the waitlist uncertainty on both the prospective students and admissions end. All in all, it really is all up in the air since the waitlist is entirely student-driven.

As far as your credits, if you haven't already, I would definitely ask admissions about considering taking the summer course. In specific-situation advice, they were really insightful. I hope all this helps!

Just got the call! Accepted off the waitlist!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users