PapaGuava

The Real PG
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
May 10, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Secondary prompts:
1. Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee?

(Maximum 75 words)

2. Explain why you decided to apply to the Penn State College of Medicine.

(Maximum 75 words)

3. Write a short paragraph describing a significant experience you have had working in a team setting.

(Maximum 250 words)

4. Write a short statement describing how you envision using your medical education to advance care for under-represented or marginalized populations.

(Maximum 250 words)

University Park Program, If yes, please briefly describe (maximum 250 words) a past experience where you were immersed in a situation in which you needed to adapt, collaborate, and grow as an individual and a team member in order to succeed.
Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Pennsylvania State University

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Secondaries yet, anyone?

HighYieldOnly

premed killa -> killa docta?
Jun 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
About the Ads

bearboi

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Secondary received, OOS @PapaGuava

Prompts are as follows:
1. Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee?

(Maximum 75 words)

2. Explain why you decided to apply to the Penn State College of Medicine.

(Maximum 75 words)

3. Write a short paragraph describing a significant experience you have had working in a team setting.

(Maximum 250 words)

4. Write a short statement describing how you envision using your medical education to advance care for under-represented or marginalized populations.

(Maximum 250 words)

University Park Program, If yes, please briefly describe (maximum 250 words) a past experience where you were immersed in a situation in which you needed to adapt, collaborate, and grow as an individual and a team member in order to succeed.

sundayko

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Dec 30, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Secondary received, OOS

sundayko

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Dec 30, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
@bearboi @sundayko Were you verified early on? I submitted my application the first day it opened and still haven't heard anything
I submitted for verification on 5/30 and was verified on 6/4. I'm sure they are just sending out the secondaries in batches as suggested by others.

About the Ads
Dec 28, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Secondary received. OOS verified 6/3

nli53

2+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Secondary received OOS

Jun 28, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone seeing an incomplete status on their recommendation section even though they're pretty sure that AMCAS got it ages ago?
Yup I have the same error. Every other school has received my letters thru amcas so i assume psu problem

Feb 19, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Anyone else having trouble submitting the secondary?

About the Ads
May 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Jul 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anybody else having issues copying and pasting into the boxes for the essays?
I think that happens when you are over the word count! Sometimes microsoft word says my essay is "X" characters... but in the online app it was more than that because they count characters differently. Try pasting MOST of it... then for the last part type it in word by word until you run out of characters.... then you'll see how many words you need to cut out! :)

Reactions: dr.batman
Feb 18, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I think that happens when you are over the word count! Sometimes microsoft word says my essay is "X" characters... but in the online app it was more than that because they count characters differently. Try pasting MOST of it... then for the last part type it in word by word until you run out of characters.... then you'll see how many words you need to cut out! :)
Yup that was the problem lol thanks so much! It was weird because it would only past the first few lines rather than everything up to the word limit

About the Ads

notthrowingawaymyshot

2+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Secondary just received! OOS verified 6/25

AnMDtoB

2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee?

People without serious financial/personal adversity challenges should just say no to this, correct?

May 25, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee?

People without serious financial/personal adversity challenges should just say no to this, correct?
Also tempted to say No...curious if anyone actually has

AnMDtoB

2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Also tempted to say No...curious if anyone actually has
That was my plan - like if they wanted us to say what was the strongest part of our app I think they would have worded it differently

May 25, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
That was my plan - like if they wanted us to say what was the strongest part of our app I think they would have worded it differently
On the other hand...they could have made it an optional essay

AnMDtoB

2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Reactions: IDapplicant
May 15, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Secondary received! OOS

Feb 26, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
OOS, secondary recieved today 07/18

May 24, 2019
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
So I'm also having the whole "no letters submitted" thing despite AMCAS submitting them weeks ago. How long do you think I should wait before contacting admissions about this?

AnMDtoB

2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
So I'm also having the whole "no letters submitted" thing despite AMCAS submitting them weeks ago. How long do you think I should wait before contacting admissions about this?
I think PSU just hasn't downloaded letters yet given how long it took them to send out their secondary (they haven't gotten any of mine either, but all of my other schools have)

PierreMD

Humble premed :)
Jul 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Another OOSer with 2ndary today

AnMDtoB

2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical

AnMDtoB

2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I figured it was a stretch. It feels weird because it asks about the application and not ourselves.
Yeah, plus PA itself is mostly rural

perfect weather

2+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Can someone share more details about the University Park Program?

dr.batman

2+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Submitted; received complete email.
But it says they haven't received my LORs even though every other school has received them around 5/30 lol...
Anyone else having this issue where their LORs aren't showing up even though you're complete?

About the Ads