2019-2020 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 7/1 but haven’t heard anything back. Should I be concerned?

Reactions: 3 users
Complete 7/1 but haven’t heard anything back. Should I be concerned?
Based on the rest of the thread they give out holds and Rs, so silence is not a bad thing. The only thing it means is that there's still a chance :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my acceptance, interview date oct 30th. This is surreal

Reactions: 9 users
Also got the A today late October interview. Was wondering if they mean that the $100 deposit doesnt have to be made now as long as it's before April 30th

Members don't see this ad :)
acceptance today as an OOS student, interviewed in early Nov

Reactions: 2 users
Finally got an acceptance after waiting for almost 15 weeks!! Good luck to all

Reactions: 4 users
For those accepted, how soon after your interview did you complete the Post-Interview survey?

Curious about this as well. Forgot about the survey post-II and filled it out a few weeks after lol

Reactions: 1 user
Curious about this as well. Forgot about the survey post-II and filled it out a few weeks after lol
I also filled it out a few weeks after and was accepted

anyone know post-II acceptance rate? Also saw somewhere (think reddit?) that OOS students more likely to get waitlisted, is this true?

Is the interview here open file or close file? And do you meet with 2 faculty members during each 30 minute interview? I interview here soon and I'm very nervous!

Is the interview here open file or close file? And do you meet with 2 faculty members during each 30 minute interview? I interview here soon and I'm very nervous!

It's open file and it's one interviewer for each interview. Good luck!

Sorry if this has been asked before but - for those of you who were put on hold, does your portal reflect that decision? I was complete in mid-July, still haven't heard anything. Wondering if I missed the hold email somehow.

Sorry if this has been asked before but - for those of you who were put on hold, does your portal reflect that decision? I was complete in mid-July, still haven't heard anything. Wondering if I missed the hold email somehow.
You cant miss it
1579016451622.png

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted on 1/9 and interviewed on 11/15! Anyone know anything about scholarships/financial aid at Penn State?

Same here. Complete 7/17 without a hold.

What're the chances of actually landing an interview at this points? Been on Pre-II hold since October!
:blackeye: <- HOW I FEEL THIS CYCLE

Last edited:
I have yet to hear anything from PSU. I’m super disappointed considering I graduate with my B.S. this May from there. I conducted research there, I shadow PSU doctors, and volunteer at PSU health. Completed 8/21 and radio silence. Oh well... :(

• Sad
Accepted MSTP!! Interviewed last week (1/6), super excited!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
stats? you can't expect an II let alone an acceptance simply because you have connections there, you should know theres much more to the picture than that...

We all know there is much more to an acceptance and II than that, no need to be rude. My application is well-rounded - and that’s all you need to know.

and I’m not “expecting” anything but a status update of where I stand. I’m sure other students share my frustration too.

Reactions: 8 users
anyone else who is on like week 13 and hasn't heard back yet?

stats? you can't expect an II let alone an acceptance simply because you have connections there, you should know theres much more to the picture than that...

Stats are irrelevant. They have told us nothing. I haven’t heard anything either, and was complete 7/15 (first day). People complete in October have heard back. Someone isn't doing their job, probably a reviewer has a stack of applications on a desk somewhere. I’m not expecting an II either, but submitting the first day, I did expect to at least GET reviewed before the end of the cycle. Get off this forum if you don’t have anything helpful to say.

Its understandable to be frustrated, but you are not alone in not hearing back from a certain school.... I have 10 schools where I heard nothing back, so I think its unfair that you're taking it out on PS when there are many, many schools out there who have left people in the dark as well.

This is the SDN, where prospective student doctors come and speak to each other for support, not be belittled as you have done previously. I am in the same boat with several other schools also. I am allowed to be upset, as do other members of SDN with their schools of choice. And your insinuation of my stats being terrible is just another representation of your character. Perhaps I wouldn’t like to share my stats with someone who has been nothing but rude?

I’d like to point out that I’m not taking it out on Penn State. It will be my alma mater, and I’ve shown support to the institution in more ways than one. Let me reiterate that I - along with others - are allowed to be disappointed. End of story.

You seem to be missing the point. The poster was flabbergasted that they did not receive an II despite having several connections to PSU. I asked for stats simply because theres more to admissions than "connections". Perhaps the poster had terrible stats and expected an II simply because of his connections. Do you understand?

And its also unfair to say someone isn't doing there job. I have 10 schools where I heard nothing from so again, its unfair to get mad at PSU when many other schools are keeping students in the dark. If you want a status update, simply email the school.

Im sorry if I offended you by pointing out that theres more to an app than connections or that some schools just take longer than others to respond. Theres also such a thing as an internal hold where you are not informed of your status. Just be proactive and email the school. GL

The original poster did not expect an II, just wanted a status update like many others. Stats have nothing to do with it. If stats were and issue, and the app was reviewed, it would be a hold or rejection. Penn State does not do “internal holds”. The problem is that the applications have not been reviewed. People with higher and lower stats were reviewed and responded to. And for your information I have emailed the school, each time they say “your application has not yet been reviewed”. I honestly can’t tell if you’re trolling or really think you know everything.....

So... for those that had morning interviews, did you get out right at 2:15pm? Also did they have luggage storage available at the interview?
Trying to figure out this flight, thanks!

So... for those that had morning interviews, did you get out right at 2:15pm? Also did they have luggage storage available at the interview?
Trying to figure out this flight, thanks!
Hi, I got out around 3PM if I remember correctly. And yes there is an office where I assume they will allow you to put your luggage. Good luck with the interview!

application has been on hold since october, do i have any hope?

Could be a random question- I interview here soon and I’m wondering if I should bring anything.

Some people recommend a padfolio/resume or AMCAS copies. I’ve also been told at other interviews not to bring anything. Any input helps :)

Could be a random question- I interview here soon and I’m wondering if I should bring anything.

Some people recommend a padfolio/resume or AMCAS copies. I’ve also been told at other interviews not to bring anything. Any input helps :)
You don't need anything but your ID. I have always brought a padfolio to my interviews but never found myself using it except for writing down the interviewers contact information. I also always had a copy of my resume/AMCAS application in my padfolio just in case I would need it but I had never needed them.

Last edited:
Anyone have an idea of their average Step 1 scores?