2019-2020 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Out of state! Yes, Dr. Dwight Davis called me
Curious, not that it really matters but what time of day did you get your call?

Members don't see this ad.

I have been following the SDN page. I just got accepted today! So there is still hope for people on the waitlist!

Would you be willing to share what your stats were like? People on the WL are wondering what our chances look like as it's getting late. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have been following the SDN page. I just got accepted today! So there is still hope for people on the waitlist!
Congratulations!! It gives me hope but also takes away hope in a way since with each new acceptance from waitlist, the chances of some else like me being accepted from waitlist actually goes down. So kinda conflicting in some way. But yeah. Mathemathically speaking my hope is down to 5 percent. At this point, I don't even care if I get reject or accepted. Just going to enjoy my summer.

It does seem to me that if you are out of state you may have a better chance with being accepted.

Just thought I would let everyone know that movement is still happening, I was accepted of the waitlist today and received a call from Dr. Davis!! I interviewed the end of February and was place on the hold list 4/30.

Reactions: 2 users
Just thought I would let everyone know that movement is still happening, I was accepted of the waitlist today and received a call from Dr. Davis!! I interviewed the end of February and was place on the hold list 4/30.
Congratulations! In state or out?

Has anyone on the WL ever had any luck reaching a real person?

Has anyone on the WL ever had any luck reaching a real person?
I sent the some updates but they said they will not take that into account. They will not comment on my position on the waitlist or movement in general. So I guess no luck.

• Sad
Anyone still on the WL? Idk if Penn will send out rejections or if I should just assume I got rejected...

More than likely it is done , no rejections just WL forever, hope everyone had another school to choose,good luck to Everyone who got a spot for next year someplace and good luck to those that are applying again,glad to be done with this process, long year

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone still on the WL? Idk if Penn will send out rejections or if I should just assume I got rejected...
Penn State will sent out rejections 2 or 3 weeks after the classes begin or may be next semester lol.

• Haha
Posting this for future (anxious) waitlisted applicants!
I wish my first post on this site wasn't this, but alas....

I got the rejection email today. Interviewed in March --> put on hold 4/30 --> rejected 7/16

As this was my only interview this cycle and I'm stupid hopeful, I scavenged old threads to unearth any hope: People have posted about getting off the waitlist in June and July (and in August but that was 10+ years ago). The facebook group for the incoming class is nearly 300 people as of today, in case you're also checking that lol.

When I emailed Penn State about waitlist movement in June, they told me they were going through applicants and could make a final decision by 6/30. They didn't, but that's okay.

I sent in a couple emails over the span of 4 months and a Letter of Intent that I went above and beyond for. I had a low MCAT, high GPA, and pretty decent ECs. They told me they liked my application during the interview and I thought the interview went well (very chill one!). I asked about application feedback after I got the rejection email, but they don't give it to "unsuccessful applicants." I can't imagine a successful applicant needing one, but that's okay.

They also don't reply to Thank You notes or receipt of your transcript, so don't worry if you don't get a confirmation!

It's also radio silence and no ranking of the waitlist. They ask that you wait for their notification.
I would have loved to attend this school, but alas.

Hope this helps!
Congrats to everyone who got in!
Here's to another cycle :cat:

Reactions: 3 users
Posting this for future (anxious) waitlisted applicants!
I wish my first post on this site wasn't this, but alas....

I got the rejection email today. Interviewed in March --> put on hold 4/30 --> rejected 7/16

As this was my only interview this cycle and I'm stupid hopeful, I scavenged old threads to unearth any hope: People have posted about getting off the waitlist in June and July (and in August but that was 10+ years ago). The facebook group for the incoming class is nearly 300 people as of today, in case you're also checking that lol.

When I emailed Penn State about waitlist movement in June, they told me they were going through applicants and could make a final decision by 6/30. They didn't, but that's okay.

I sent in a couple emails over the span of 4 months and a Letter of Intent that I went above and beyond for. I had a low MCAT, high GPA, and pretty decent ECs. They told me they liked my application during the interview and I thought the interview went well (very chill one!). I asked about application feedback after I got the rejection email, but they don't give it to "unsuccessful applicants." I can't imagine a successful applicant needing one, but that's okay.

They also don't reply to Thank You notes or receipt of your transcript, so don't worry if you don't get a confirmation!

It's also radio silence and no ranking of the waitlist. They ask that you wait for their notification.
I would have loved to attend this school, but alas.

Hope this helps!
Congrats to everyone who got in!
Here's to another cycle :cat:

I really don't know if interviews means much for the school. Sometimes I think they kinda know pre-interview who they gonna prefer. For this school my interview was chill but I cannot tell how it went I thought it went ok to good. I have very good research (publications), non-clinical volunteering hours, internships, okay MCAT- 511, 3.77 decent GPA, shadowing, 20 hrs/week teaching job plus I have been TA for multiple science class. I don't know what else they were looking for. Like you I wrote a letter of intent and put a lot of work into it. Thank you notes and stuff. But it seems like they don't care they knew who they gonna accept. Another school like this was Giesinger my interview went excellent I know bc the interviewer told me to the face my interview was the best interview he had in this cycle. He will give his full recommendation and then I was wait listed there too. And yeah communication and transparency from schools is zero. All the replies I got was "Thank you for your interest". The way they speculate students is like stock market you never know what is going to happen. I am lucky to be accepted somewhere else but yeah. It is what it is.

Last edited:
  • Sad