notthrowingawaymyshot

2+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Lol I think I’ve already commented on how I received a complete email immediately after submitting, has anyone else also gotten a complete email? I’m sure it’s just some sort of glitch in their system that some people get the email and some don’t

Reactions: dr.batman

dr.batman

2+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Lol I think I’ve already commented on how I received a complete email immediately after submitting, has anyone else also gotten a complete email? I’m sure it’s just some sort of glitch in their system that some people get the email and some don’t
I got a complete email, but I also had to contact the school about my LoRs

Geralt of Rivia

A witcher (and accepted medical student)
Jul 24, 2019
Rivia
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I emailed a while ago they said the application is complete if it has a green check mark next to “application complete” on the portal. No explanation for the lack of a complete email. I also submitted 7/15 and haven’t heard anything. They don’t exactly inspire confidence... I find it weird that so many people haven’t heard anything and had the same application issue. They do pre-interview holds, if they didn’t want to interview us, they would just put us on hold.

Aug 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I emailed a while ago they said the application is complete if it has a green check mark next to “application complete” on the portal. No explanation for the lack of a complete email. I also submitted 7/15 and haven’t heard anything. They don’t exactly inspire confidence... I find it weird that so many people haven’t heard anything and had the same application issue. They do pre-interview holds, if they didn’t want to interview us, they would just put us on hold.
Will they explicitly tell us if we are put on hold?

Geralt of Rivia

A witcher (and accepted medical student)
Jul 24, 2019
Rivia
Status
Here’s a question. Out of everyone who was complete Mid-July and hasn’t heard anything, is anyone a first-time applicant? Maybe they hold re-applicants till later in the cycle.

imbesrs

I'm a great value.
Mar 31, 2019
www.walmart.com
Status
Pre-Medical
Here’s a question. Out of everyone who was complete Mid-July and hasn’t heard anything, is anyone a first-time applicant? Maybe they hold re-applicants till later in the cycle.
First time here. 7/25ish complete. Nothing.

dr.batman

2+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm a reapplicant, but as I said previously I had issues with my LoRs and I feel that's the only reason I got a complete email (7/19). Otherwise radio silence.

May 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
May 30, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
anyone know how long it takes for the adcom to make a decision here?

Reactions: outtadisworld
Aug 10, 2018
anyone know how long it takes for the adcom to make a decision here?
My friend who interviewed here last year literally did not hear back for over 5 months... I felt so bad! (Although n=1 and hopefully most decisions don't take that long)

Aug 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
My friend who interviewed here last year literally did not hear back for over 5 months... I felt so bad! (Although n=1 and hopefully most decisions don't take that long)
Goodness I hope it doesn't take that long. I believe my interviewer said sometime around 6 weeks, but I neglected to write it down so I'm not 100% certain about that number.

Apr 18, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Interviewed here recently and completely forgot to get my interviewers' emails when I was in there so I can send a thank-you letter. I couldn't find them online either and there's no place to upload in the portal. Anyone have any tips on what I should do?

Gudgeon

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Aug 6, 2019
Interviewed here recently and completely forgot to get my interviewers' emails when I was in there so I can send a thank-you letter. I couldn't find them online either and there's no place to upload in the portal. Anyone have any tips on what I should do?
Email it to the admissions office and ask them to forward it to your interviewers?

HPV

Mar 20, 2018
hey, how would you describe the interview experience? And do you thinkreading through your amcas application and secondaries was enough? Was it stressful?

Jul 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
No interview R just now complete 7/31 LM 67. I heard they weren't super into their own undergrads but it still feels harsh hahaha.

Getting informed isn't "status update" instead subject: Interview Denied

Best of luck to everyone still shooting for the moon!

Mar 21, 2019
Status
Complete 7/25, placed on hold just now.

Reactions: nvwls99
Oct 18, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hold just now! Complete mid July

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StewartOConnor

Almost a med student :)
Sep 28, 2019
Status
Hold! Complete mid July OOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Got an R, so I think the hold can't be a silent rejection, cuz they do rejection rejections!

AnMDtoB

2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
is PSU's hold the same as GW's or is it a soft R?

Mar 21, 2019
Status
+1, is this a silent rejection?
I don’t think so, it said in the email that my app was placed in the “continue to review” category. Idk if that differs though from person to person.

limeyguydr

spreadsheet queen
Bronze Donor
May 16, 2018
Status
Just got placed on hold. I was complete 7/18. IS