2019-2020 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On hold

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They put me on that hold as well guys. Is Penn State one of those schools that a hold = a soft R?

They put me on that hold as well guys. Is Penn State one of those schools that a hold = a soft R?

I kinda don't think so because they've sent out actual Rs? but I'm pretty sure it's not a good sign :(

Reactions: 1 user

Last year's thread seems to show that pre-II hold means you won't be reviewed again until late Feb/early march for a late March interview.

So basically soft R :(

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
+1 on that hold email. Sucks because I legit live 20 minutes from this school. Does anyone ever get off this hold list?

Reactions: 2 users
Also on hold! 6th hold of this application cycle...

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
So where does it say hold or rejection in the status? My portal has been messed up since they had to manually fix my LoRs. I have application complete a green check mark then blank space.

So where does it say hold or rejection in the status? My portal has been messed up since they had to manually fix my LoRs. I have application complete a green check mark then blank space.
I got the complete email and have the layout you just described. I'm assuming (hope) it means we have not yet been reviewed and is not a hold/rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the complete email and have the layout you just described. I'm assuming (hope) it means we have not yet been reviewed and is not a hold/rejection.
I haven’t got any emails either. If they sent the emails at the same time, maybe we passed this wave of holds...finger crossed

I received an email that I was placed on hold. In your portal where you have all the green checks, if you were placed on hold, it will say "Interview Hold" and have a red exclamation point instead of a green check.

Reactions: 2 users
I haven’t got any emails either. If they sent the emails at the same time, maybe we passed this wave of holds...finger crossed
I received an email that I was placed on hold. In your portal where you have all the green checks, if you were placed on hold, it will say "Interview Hold" and have a red exclamation point instead of a green check.
Thanks for the replies guys! Makes me feel not alone and relieved. Very informative too.

Anyone know what it means if you haven’t heard anything yet? Complete 7/22

Application withdrawn. Good luck everyone!

What do you mean by this? Is GW's hold known to mean something different

Apparently, GW's hold actually turns into IIs fairly often, but at most other places a hold is essentially a soft R

Apparently, GW's hold actually turns into IIs fairly often, but at most other places a hold is essentially a soft R

As someone on hold at GW, I prefer you not give me such hope.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Complete mid/late August and on the hold boat. IS, non trad, ~70 LM.

I was complete 7/30 (OOS) and have heard nothing...yikes. Hate being in limbo!

Reactions: 4 users
Complete 8/20 oos and Silence

Hold earlier today. IDK how this plays out considering people get R's here. Not hopin too much but park program would be sick. Complete end julyish

+1, similar complete date, hoping we get some good news after today’s slaughter
Me, too! I was complete mid-Sept, so watching the August slaughter brings me one step close to the gallows.

For those that received the hold/soft R, was your application portal updated to reflect this?

What does the application portal say when you are placed on hold?

What does the application portal say when you are placed on hold?
Someone above said it will say "interview on hold" with a red exclamation point or something similar.

They were scheduling interviews into December not too long ago. i think available dates are into early 2020 now

• Wow
Has anyone who interviewed heard back? I interviewed 9/16

Nope. Seemed like earliest decisions last year post II were Nov 1

Accepted!!!!! Interviewed first week of September.

edit: 2nd week of September

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users