Status
Pre-Medical
Just got hit with that pre-II hold+pity+

AnMDtoB

2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
lol did anyone get an II or was this just a wave of sadness for literally every emailed applicant ?

Reactions: gettingthisnaan

AnMDtoB

2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
They put me on that hold as well guys. Is Penn State one of those schools that a hold = a soft R?
I kinda don't think so because they've sent out actual Rs? but I'm pretty sure it's not a good sign :(

Reactions: gettingthisnaan

skiingdoc16

2+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
They put me on that hold as well guys. Is Penn State one of those schools that a hold = a soft R?
Last year's thread seems to show that pre-II hold means you won't be reviewed again until late Feb/early march for a late March interview.

So basically soft R :(

dr.batman

2+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
So where does it say hold or rejection in the status? My portal has been messed up since they had to manually fix my LoRs. I have application complete a green check mark then blank space.

Reactions: wayne_bruce
Jul 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
So where does it say hold or rejection in the status? My portal has been messed up since they had to manually fix my LoRs. I have application complete a green check mark then blank space.
I got the complete email and have the layout you just described. I'm assuming (hope) it means we have not yet been reviewed and is not a hold/rejection.

Oct 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I received an email that I was placed on hold. In your portal where you have all the green checks, if you were placed on hold, it will say "Interview Hold" and have a red exclamation point instead of a green check.

dr.batman

2+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I got the complete email and have the layout you just described. I'm assuming (hope) it means we have not yet been reviewed and is not a hold/rejection.
I haven’t got any emails either. If they sent the emails at the same time, maybe we passed this wave of holds...finger crossed
I received an email that I was placed on hold. In your portal where you have all the green checks, if you were placed on hold, it will say "Interview Hold" and have a red exclamation point instead of a green check.
Thanks for the replies guys! Makes me feel not alone and relieved. Very informative too.

May 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone know what it means if you haven’t heard anything yet? Complete 7/22

Reactions: BeingForItself

AnMDtoB

2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
What do you mean by this? Is GW's hold known to mean something different
Apparently, GW's hold actually turns into IIs fairly often, but at most other places a hold is essentially a soft R

AnMDtoB

2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Reactions: verybigandscary

CaptainWEMT

Directorate of Disgruntled Cat Toys
2+ Year Member
May 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Complete 8/20 oos and Silence

limeyguydr

spreadsheet queen
Bronze Donor
May 16, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
no news is good news, y'all

Aktak

Denali - The Great One
Silver Donor
Sep 16, 2019
The Last Frontier
Status
Pre-Medical
+1, similar complete date, hoping we get some good news after today’s slaughter
Me, too! I was complete mid-Sept, so watching the August slaughter brings me one step close to the gallows.

imbesrs

I'm a great value.
Mar 31, 2019
www.walmart.com
Status
Pre-Medical
For those that received the hold/soft R, was your application portal updated to reflect this?
Yes lmao. Way to rub in that soft R aspect though :1LOL:

Sep 30, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
What does the application portal say when you are placed on hold?