2019-2020 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
When were you guys complete?

Dude, chill. Apps are not reviewed in chronological order. However, for your sake, I was complete on 7/22.

Edit: Not trying to be mean or condescending. I'm just trying to let you know that complete date isn't likely going to tell you much.

Reactions: 1 users
II this morning for February 3rd!! Can't believe it, super excited :)
Complete 8/4

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
II this morning for January 27th!
Complete 7/27
Was put on hold 10/22

• Wow
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone completed in early Aug still radio silence ??

Reactions: 2 users
Nice! When were you complete? And were you ever put on hold?
He mentions that he was put on hold 10/22
drax-guardians-of-the-galaxy-laughing-217301-1200x705.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my interview invite!! I'll be interviewing on 1/27. I'm so excited and thankful. Submitted secondary on 7/23. Never was put on hold or anything. Total radio silence until I just got the interview invite today.
MCAT: 522
GPA: 4.0

Good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just got my interview invite!! I'll be interviewing on 1/27. I'm so excited and thankful. Submitted secondary on 7/23. Never was put on hold or anything. Total radio silence until I just got the interview invite today.
MCAT: 522
GPA: 4.0

Good luck everyone!
those statsssss though :) CONGRATS ON YOUR II!

Does anyone know if they accept updates/intent letters?

Has anyone who interviewed for their mdphd heard back?

Last edited:
I have not, still waiting

+1!!

did they say they would release MSTP decisions in December or later? I can’t remember the timeline they gave at the actual interview day

Does anyone know how Penn State does the admissions to their three-year MD accelerated pathways program? Like if I applied to one of the programs will I be asked about this on the interview? Do they let you know about your acceptance to the 3 year program at the same time as they inform you of your acceptance, or do would they let you know later?

Does anyone know how Penn State does the admissions to their three-year MD accelerated pathways program? Like if I applied to one of the programs will I be asked about this on the interview? Do they let you know about your acceptance to the 3 year program at the same time as they inform you of your acceptance, or do would they let you know later?
I'm curious about this too! I have my interview there in a few weeks, so I can update you then. My major concern is that on the website it says that final decisions aren't made about your acceptance into the accelerated pathway until late May... which is after you have to commit to enroll. So it sounds like you have to commit to Penn State before you find out whether you're in the pathway. Super concerning since I'm sure Penn State for four years would be a whole lot more expensive than my state school.

I'm curious about this too! I have my interview there in a few weeks, so I can update you then. My major concern is that on the website it says that final decisions aren't made about your acceptance into the accelerated pathway until late May... which is after you have to commit to enroll. So it sounds like you have to commit to Penn State before you find out whether you're in the pathway. Super concerning since I'm sure Penn State for four years would be a whole lot more expensive than my state school.

From what I remember reading on their website, you don't interview for the spot on interview day, it comes afterwards later on. Basically you have to be accepted into the regular MD program before consideration can be made for you for an accelerated program.

Just read more on their website. I suppose I should have done this sooner lol.

"A selection committee will make the final selection in late May regarding acceptance to the College of Medicine and the overall MD program. Once a commitment has been made to attend Penn State College of Medicine, a secondary application to O-APPS will be reviewed on a rolling basis. However, the final selection will not occur until May by the O-APPS subcommittee. "

Penn State's three year accelerated program is definitely my first choice... but doing a 4 year program at Penn State is far from my first choice. Getting in to the accelerated program or not is entirely what will affect my decision.

Just read more on their website. I suppose I should have done this sooner lol.

"A selection committee will make the final selection in late May regarding acceptance to the College of Medicine and the overall MD program. Once a commitment has been made to attend Penn State College of Medicine, a secondary application to O-APPS will be reviewed on a rolling basis. However, the final selection will not occur until May by the O-APPS subcommittee. "

Penn State's three year accelerated program is definitely my first choice... but doing a 4 year program at Penn State is far from my first choice. Getting in to the accelerated program or not is entirely what will affect my decision.
I'm in the same boat. The problem is that we won't know if we've been accepted into the accelerated pathway until after the AAMC requires us to commit to one school (April 30 I believe). That's a huge gamble to assume that you'll be the one person picked for that respective pathway.

I'm in the same boat. The problem is that we won't know if we've been accepted into the accelerated pathway until after the AAMC requires us to commit to one school (April 30 I believe). That's a huge gamble to assume that you'll be the one person picked for that respective pathway.
I don't think I'm that much of gambling man . . . but if Penn State is the only school I end up getting accepted to (haven't even interviewed yet lol), I'll be really happy to have that chance at least.

I don't think I'm that much of gambling man . . . but if Penn State is the only school I end up getting accepted to (haven't even interviewed yet lol), I'll be really happy to have that chance at least.
Honestly, I don't think I'm that much of a gambler either. But who knows how I'll feel after interview day.

Has anyone from late september/early october interviews heard back? They said 6-8 weeks but it doesn't seem like they've sent out mass acceptances yet at all...

Has anyone from late september/early october interviews heard back? They said 6-8 weeks but it doesn't seem like they've sent out mass acceptances yet at all...
The last big acceptance wave went out on 11/1, so I figured we'd hear something back sometime this week because I think the committee meets at the beginning of ever month

The last big acceptance wave went out on 11/1, so I figured we'd hear something back sometime this week because I think the committee meets at the beginning of ever month
Ah makes sense – well Nov 1st was a Friday so likely no news until the end of the week

Pre-II hold. Complete 7/31. Email states that they don't accept updates, LOI, additional letters, etc.

OOS- Placed on hold on 10/22/19 - silence since

how am i not at least on hold here? complete in july and haven't heard anything

Reactions: 11 users
I just got admitted!! I LOVED this school when I interviewed and couldn’t be happier to have received that acceptance email! I’m officially going to be a doctor!!!!

(Complete in July, interviewed in October, email today around 2pm) :soexcited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Post-interview hold :/ just got the email.
Very surprised because I thought I killed the interview, but I suppose it's better than rejection!

Post interview hold just now, interviewed on 9/25. Does anyone know if this is the same as a waitlist? or is this something different?