Aug 10, 2018
I just got admitted!! I LOVED this school when I interviewed and couldn’t be happier to have received that acceptance email! I’m officially going to be a doctor!!!!

(Complete in July, interviewed in October, email today around 2pm) :soexcited:

Last edited:

loopybasket

LM: 69
Dec 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Post-interview hold :/ just got the email.
Very surprised because I thought I killed the interview, but I suppose it's better than rejection!

Reactions: outtadisworld
Jun 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Post interview hold just now, interviewed on 9/25. Does anyone know if this is the same as a waitlist? or is this something different?

Reactions: outtadisworld
About the Ads
Dec 6, 2019
I just got admitted!! I LOVED this school when I interviewed and couldn’t be happier to have received that acceptance email! I’m officially going to be a doctor!!!!

Congrats!!!! When in October did you interview?

souravdada

2+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Accepted today around 1 PM. Anyone know if there is a deposit to confirm acceptance offer?

Complete late July, interview in September

About the Ads
Jul 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
On hold, complete 8/4

Gram1027

2+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
About the Ads

NatGeoLover

2+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Do any MSTP applicants know when post-interview decisions will come out?

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019
Anyone who interviewed at the end of October receive a response yet? Does anyone know if they only issue post-interview responses on Fridays?

Reactions: ilikefrisbee
About the Ads
Dec 4, 2018
Status
Hi all, juuuuuust to clarify, being invited for a Closer Look Day =/= an interview right? I got an email for this on Monday but haven't seen anyone else mention it, and have not heard back regarding an II/hold/R otherwise.

Sep 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical

Hello, congrats on the acceptance. I was just wondering if you could share what you loved about their program? Thanks.

Dec 6, 2019
Is today the day for late October and early November interviewers???? I guess only time will tell!

Reactions: Morc
Jul 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi! Was wondering if anyone who interviewed in the afternoon could offer insight if it would be possible to catch a 5:40 flight out of Harrisburg? Does the day end right at 4?

Aug 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi! Was wondering if anyone who interviewed in the afternoon could offer insight if it would be possible to catch a 5:40 flight out of Harrisburg? Does the day end right at 4?
I don’t know how far Harrisburg airport is, but my day ended at 4-4:15.

Jul 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I don’t know how far Harrisburg airport is, but my day ended at 4-4:15.
I live in the area and based on my experiences with traffic/ the small airport, I’d say that catching a 5:40 flight is NOT doable if you end that late! I suggest not creating additional stress and giving yourself more time.

Dec 4, 2018
Status
II on 12/24 but have withdrawn my app (went through some major life events in the last 2 weeks, had meant to withdraw earlier but life got in the way). Hope it goes to one of you!

May 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Yeah, I think that's definitely fine. It took me about 20 minutes to Uber to the airport, and getting through security was SO quick. And FWIW, my interviews were both back to back, so I wrapped up my day around 3:15. So depending on how your interviews are scheduled, you might get out of there early.

Aug 10, 2018
Hello, congrats on the acceptance. I was just wondering if you could share what you loved about their program? Thanks.
I would be happy to!
I actually went into this interview day thinking I would not want to go here at all, but I was completely wrong and pleasantly surprised with how much I loved it and saw myself flourishing here.

The most impactful thing for me was definitely the overall community of the medical school. I stayed with a student host and we ended up hanging out with a group of students that night; the biggest thing that they all wanted to emphasize to me was how supportive the students, staff, and doctors are at Penn State. Even outside of the positive things they said, I could tell from the way everyone interacted that it was an encouraging, supportive, and helpful community where everyone truly wants the others to succeed. In my eyes, this kind of positivity in a community is a breeding ground for healthy success.

The dean who came in and spoke to us was quite eloquent, and he focused his speech on the importance of using your knowledge and position as a physician to create opportunities which make medical treatment/procedures available to those who need it but cannot afford it. I really appreciated that he used his time to talk about such a prevalent yet heavy topic, and I truly respect and support leaders who give the upmost importance to paving the path for those in need.

I also personally like the fact that they focus on the humanities in their curriculum. I studied humanities in undergrad so the integration of that with medicine is very important to me.

Their pre-clinical exams are not standardized to the boards (one of the deans emphasized that this in no way affects the students' STEP scores). Instead, it's more essay focused so that you can show you truly understand what is happening with a disease. I think this is a better way to approach teaching. I'm not going to medical school to do well on my boards, I'm going in order to understand the human body, the diseases that affect it, and the reasons those diseases occur. I'll still study to do as excellently as possible on step 1, but I would rather be taught in order to best understand, not in order to ace a standardized test.

Their pre-clinical classes last only 1.5 years so more time in the hospital with patient experience.

Their campus is gorgeous, lots of state of the art technology (3d printers, VR, etc), its the only level 1 trauma center in between philly and pittsburg (so they get all the best cases in rural/suburban PA), there is a children's hospital on campus, a cancer center on campus, lots of research opportunities (one of my interviewer's had a student researching under him who was a 2nd year who was already published 5 times), and a pretty dang good match list for the specialty I'm interested in (I haven't looked at others).

All in all, it seemed like a wonderful school full of kind and supportive people that would provide me with an excellent education and lots of opportunities for my career... can you tell I'm a fan?

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Can someone who has interviewed for MSTP tell me their experience at Penn State? This is my first interview :help:

About the Ads