2019-2020 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone heard anything back yet from waitlist? It’s all super silent lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when immunization records are due? I can't find info in my emails or their website. Also, does anyone have the link to the class Facebook/GroupMe? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know when immunization records are due? I can't find info in my emails or their website. Also, does anyone have the link to the class Facebook/GroupMe? Thanks in advance!
Here is the link to the FB group: Log into Facebook | Facebook
On the group, there will be a link to join the GroupMe. We were just told that immunization records are due ASAP; however, if there is something holding you up, stay in contact with the staff on when you can get them in!

Reactions: 1 user
Was accepted today, will be withdrawing. Good luck all!!

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you feel like your interview went overall?

overall, I think it was average. At that time, I had already gotten into one school though, so I think that contributed to why I didn’t put in as much preparation. PCOM also wasn’t the top choice compared to the other schools I interviewed at.

overall, I think it was average. At that time, I had already gotten into one school though, so I think that contributed to why I didn’t put in as much preparation. PCOM also wasn’t the top choice compared to the other schools I interviewed at.
gotcha thanks, honestly I’m really hoping I get off waitlist, felt my interview wasn’t so hot and i also interviewed in January so its been a long wait

gotcha thanks, honestly I’m really hoping I get off waitlist, felt my interview wasn’t so hot and i also interviewed in January so its been a long wait

I totally understand, I interviewed at my state school and was waitlisted, I recently got off. It’s a longgggggg wait, but you got this!

Lol I was referring to @Superzero303 but it’s good to know yours too so now at least that tells us they are focused on in state applicants so that’s some good news lol.

ahhh, my bad, totally skimmed over the comment lol but good luck to you!

Anyone that’s in the group me know how many students joined for class of 2024? I was just curious as to how many students committed to enroll so far.

Anyone that’s in the group me know how many students joined for class of 2024? I was just curious as to how many students committed to enroll so far.

Facebook Group: 100 Members
Group me: 72 Members
updated 6/11

Last edited:
Facebook Group: 84 Members
Group me: 53 Members
So if 84 students have committed, does that mean 40 to 50 students still have a chance of getting off the waitlist?? or it could also mean that there are students still holding the acceptance and haven't committed yet thats why they have seats open still? Online it says their class size is approximately around 130 students. I am sorry guys! I am just trying to see if there is still a chance for the students on the waitlist.

So if 84 students have committed, does that mean 40 to 50 students still have a chance of getting off the waitlist?? or it could also mean that there are students still holding the acceptance and haven't committed yet thats why they have seats open still? Online it says their class size is approximately around 130 students. I am sorry guys! I am just trying to see if there is still a chance for the students on the waitlist.
The way I was thinking is the groupme must be the precise amount of students that have committed to enroll and won’t plan on giving up their seat. And total seat is 130. So to me, 77 people are still undecided I’m guessing. The Facebook group could have people who are current students. But idk about groupme. So idk if that’s right idea to the numbers. Lol.

The way I was thinking is the groupme must be the precise amount of students that have committed to enroll and won’t plan on giving up their seat. And total seat is 130. So to me, 77 people are still undecided I’m guessing. The Facebook group could have people who are current students. But idk about groupme. So idk if that’s right idea to the numbers. Lol.
Ahh I see! Going to stay hopeful for a little bit longer then lol
So the students who haven't decided is there a certain date they need to finalize their decision by?

The Facebook definitely has current students. All the administrators are incoming second years. I'd assume the groupme has more committed people to the class. Waitlist movement will happen throughout the summer. I know people accepted in July from the waitlist. I know waiting sucks, it is the worst part of the whole process.

Reactions: 1 users
The Facebook definitely has current students. All the administrators are incoming second years. I'd assume the groupme has more committed people to the class. Waitlist movement will happen throughout the summer. I know people accepted in July from the waitlist. I know waiting sucks, it is the worst part of the whole process.
Thank you! That is helpful to know!!

Does anyone know if the groupme number increased, decreased, or stayed the same from 53?

Ooh ok, so still have 74ish seats to fill!
I’m guessing they are already filled. It’s just those people haven’t made the final decision yet. That would be my guess but I could be totally wrong lol.

I’m guessing they are already filled. It’s just those people haven’t made the final decision yet. That would be my guess but I could be totally wrong lol.
:oops: Hopefully you are wrong

I know somewhere on this thread someone questioned about moving to the area for classes considering campus may or may not be open. REMEMBER EVERYTHING IS LIABLE TO CHANGE, but we just got an email stating, "Students moving from different cities or states planning to move to Georgia should move and look for apartments regardless of COVID-19". They also said (which is for anyone), if moving/returning from a hotspot like New York, you must quarantine for 14 days prior to classes, so keep that in mind for moving too and they are figuring out a way to check this....Just thought I'd let you all know and again, things can still change from what I put here.

I know somewhere on this thread someone questioned about moving to the area for classes considering campus may or may not be open. REMEMBER EVERYTHING IS LIABLE TO CHANGE, but we just got an email stating, "Students moving from different cities or states planning to move to Georgia should move and look for apartments regardless of COVID-19". They also said (which is for anyone), if moving/returning from a hotspot like New York, you must quarantine for 14 days prior to classes, so keep that in mind for moving too and they are figuring out a way to check this....Just thought I'd let you all know and again, things can still change from what I put here.
Does that mean they will stop waitlist movement 14 days from orientation?

Does that mean they will stop waitlist movement 14 days from orientation?
The email was directed at current students, so I'm not sure what admissions plans to do. That said, usually, but not always, last minute acceptances to many medical schools are for people who can more easily be on campus so those people would be most likely in-state, which means no quarantine is required as we aren't currently a hotspot.

Thanks for the heads up but shouldn't the email have been sent out to admitted students as well? That's like the million dollar question among incoming students lol. Regardless, appreciate the info!

Thanks for the heads up but shouldn't the email have been sent out to admitted students as well? That's like the million dollar question among incoming students lol. Regardless, appreciate the info!
I think info for incoming students will be sent out, our email was sent form a governing body which wouldn't have access to the list of incoming, but a part mentioned that it would be sent through the channels for incoming students. Hopefully, they send you guys a complete email once they figure out more of the nuances for things like orientation. Now that our term is wrapping up, they can focus more on the future than the present.

Just submitted app for the new cycle since there seems to be no more waitlist movement.

Just submitted app for the new cycle since there seems to be no more waitlist movement.
The Facebook group number keeps increasing so I feel like there is movement it’s just I guess we are the unlucky ones you know :(. Idk what group me number is now if anyone knows that?

The Facebook group number keeps increasing so I feel like there is movement it’s just I guess we are the unlucky ones you know :(. Idk what group me number is now if anyone knows that?

FB: 94
GM: 62
Also I dont think this is a good indicator of movement because there are people who are only on one of them, and also accepted people who dont use these platforms. Keep your hopes up!

Accepted off waitlist today via email. Will not be accepting. Interviewed and waitlisted in January. Good luck y’all !!

Reactions: 3 users
^^ Same as flowerchild23! So keep the hope alive if this is where you want to go.

Reactions: 2 users