2019-2020 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wait for their reply. Based from what joa said, they're changing the format to online interview so I think they may be a little bit busy in replying to you right now. But hopefully, they can squeeze you in somewhere. When were you supposed to interview?
I got the invite on the 3/12 and the interview was for 3/16 but I did not reply to confirm. I have already put a seat deposit down elsewhere, but I hoped to learn more about PCOM while there for my interview and then make a decision. Oh well.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone here interviewed since they stopped interviewing in-person? If so, what was that like?

Reactions: 1 user
sorry dumb question but for those waitlisted. Above the application summary on your portal what does it say, does it show the 4 bullet points about recommendation letter and mcat scores?
Yes, it still has those 4 bullet points, the only way I knew I was waitlisted was by the letter they mailed.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! With the recent events due to Coronavirus, I know that a lot of people have not been able to work (including myself.) With that being said, do you think PCOM will push back the $1500 deposit date on April 15? I was thinking of emailing them.

I was thinking the same thing ! If you do email , please let us know what they say please ! :)

Also, does anyone know when first day of class will be or orientation?
Hey everyone! With the recent events due to Coronavirus, I know that a lot of people have not been able to work (including myself.) With that being said, do you think PCOM will push back the $1500 deposit date on April 15? I was thinking of emailing them.

I was thinking the same thing ! If you do email , please let us know what they say please ! :)

Also, does anyone know when first day of class will be or orientation?
I already emailed. No response yet, but maybe if they get multiple students emailing they might consider an extension

Hey everyone. If you are set on PCOM GA, orientation will be on Monday, August 10th and will run till Friday, August 14th (as of right now). The first day of classes will be on Monday, August 17th.

All of this information is in your myPCOM portal (link and password were emailed to you) as well as pre-orientation surveys and checklists. We all have plenty of time to do these though!

Looks like someone matched ortho in Cleveland this year. 112 DO students matched ortho this year vs 13 last year nationwide.

Reactions: 3 users
I already emailed. No response yet, but maybe if they get multiple students emailing they might consider an extension
I'm wondering about the time table for the other pre-matriculation deliverables as well. I'd say that getting that required physical during a pandemic might be more than a bit difficult, and my undergrad school isn't processing transcript requests. Please let us know how they respond.

We are starting up a clinic actually. It's still in the works technically, but I believe they want it running this summer or the fall. They are getting the leadership and foundation set currently.
Is there a place where we can follow this project for any updates? If incoming students are welcome for non-clinical support roles, then I'd love to get involved.

Is there a place where we can follow this project for any updates? If incoming students are welcome for non-clinical support roles, then I'd love to get involved.
No where in particular. For those of us here we are on an email list of those willing to volunteer. I'm sure they'll reach out, table at the activities fair, and maybe even go to Primary Care Skills class to talk about it and let you know how you can get involved. I'm guessing after the first term would be when a first year has enough skills learned to start doing anything clinical, but there are committees that may have room for 1st years to join that help create the infrastructure of the clinic. It's constantly updating and growing, but they haven't held a first clinic yet and with the pandemic I'm not sure how that plays into their timeline. Just keep an eye out once you're on campus for them advertising about it or ask a some second years for clinic manager/director's emails.

Members don't see this ad :)

I emailed last friday about possible extensions on the deposit but no response yet. Have they replied back to you?

Reported match list so far. If anyone wants to update feel free

Anesthesiology
Medical College of Georgia

Emergency Medicine
Ole Miss
WellStar Kennestone
ECU
UF Jacksonville
USF Oak Hill

Family Medicine
Medical College of Georgia x 2
Piedmont Columbus GA x 2
Cahaba Family Medicine Centreville, AL
Baptist Montgomery AL
UPMC Susquehanna
Eglin AFB
Colquitt Regional
WellStar Kennestone

Internal Medicine
Univ of Arizona
WellStar Kennestone x 2
Redmond Regional
Thomas Jefferson
PCOM
AU/UGA St. Mary's Athens, GA
Stony Brook
Grand Strand Myrtle Beach, SC

OB/GYN
Mercer Savannah
Campbell Univ
Oakland U/Beaumont

Orthopedic Surgery
Oakland U/Beaumont
Cleveland Clinic South Pointe

Pediatrics
UT Chattanooga
Univ of Miami
Baylor San Antonio
SUNY Upstate

Reported match list so far. If anyone wants to update feel free

Anesthesiology

Emergency Medicine
Ole Miss
WellStar Kennestone
ECU
UF Jacksonville
USF Oak Hill

Family Medicine
Medical College of Georgia x 2
Piedmont Columbus GA x 2
Cahaba Family Medicine Centreville, AL
Baptist Montgomery AL
UPMC Susquehanna
Eglin AFB
Colquitt Regional
WellStar Kennestone

Internal Medicine
Univ of Arizona
WellStar Kennestone x 2
Redmond Regional
Thomas Jefferson
PCOM
AU/UGA St. Mary's Athens, GA
Stony Brook
Grand Strand Myrtle Beach, SC

OB/GYN
Mercer Savannah
Campbell Univ
Oakland U/Beaumont

Orthopedic Surgery
Oakland U/Beaumont
Cleveland Clinic South Pointe

Pediatrics
UT Chattanooga
Univ of Miami
Baylor San Antonio
SUNY Upstate

Obviously one data point does not make a trend, but I am wondering if anyone in this tread with historical knowledge of PCOM-GA match rates could weigh in on these most recent results? Is this better, worse, or not substantially different from matches in years past?

This isn't a complete list so I would wait for the actual data to make any extrapolations. I dont have historical knowledge but from what is reported so far, it doesnt seem that different from previous years which is on their website.

Obviously one data point does not make a trend, but I am wondering if anyone in this tread with historical knowledge of PCOM-GA match rates could weigh in on these most recent results? Is this better, worse, or not substantially different from matches in years past?
PCOM has had 100% match rate for the past 3 years. The biggest difference I see thus far is the quality of the programs being matched into but the specialty ratio seems similar.

Does the waitlist movement start after the big deposit deadline of April 15th or can it be earlier?

Has anyone done the online interview yet? Can I get a sparknotes of what to expect?

I was accepted here and the $1500 deadline is quickly coming up! I was wondering if anyone knows if PCOM-GA has a "plan to enroll" option in addition to "commit to enroll"? I'm on a waitlist for another school and want to keep all my options open for as long as possible. Also, because the other school uses AMCAS instead of AACOMAS, would anyone know how that changes anything in terms of depositing to a DO school and being forced to remove yourself from waitlists for other MD or DO schools? Thanks :)

I was accepted here and the $1500 deadline is quickly coming up! I was wondering if anyone knows if PCOM-GA has a "plan to enroll" option in addition to "commit to enroll"? I'm on a waitlist for another school and want to keep all my options open for as long as possible. Also, because the other school uses AMCAS instead of AACOMAS, would anyone know how that changes anything in terms of depositing to a DO school and being forced to remove yourself from waitlists for other MD or DO schools? Thanks :)
I don’t think there is an option for that unless someone else knows of that option.

Has anyone done the online interview yet? Can I get a sparknotes of what to expect?
In addition to this question, what exactly is the "portal" where you pay your deposit? Was that sent in a separate email? I only have the one that shows that all of my application materials were received, is that the same thing?

In addition to this question, what exactly is the "portal" where you pay your deposit? Was that sent in a separate email? I only have the one that shows that all of my application materials were received, is that the same thing?
I believe it's the same one you're talking about! It's the banner website that shows when your MCAT score was received, your address, etc. if you're accepted you will see a $250 and $1500 deposit box added to the materials you had to turn in up until that point.

Hey everyone! I had an interview on 02/28 and just heard back yesterday 03/31 that I was put on the waitlist. Does anyone know how their waitlist process works/ what my chances of getting accepted might be?

Hey everyone! I had an interview on 02/28 and just heard back yesterday 03/31 that I was put on the waitlist. Does anyone know how their waitlist process works/ what my chances of getting accepted might be?
Id say theres quite a bit of waitlist movement, especially since many PCOM applicants applied to MD programs as well. One of my friends got accepted into PCOM while he was at orientation for another school.

Don’t quote me on these numbers as my memory may be a bit rusty on them, but when I interviewed back in November I asked the admissions rep about how many students are accepted each year. She said their class size is ~130, they accepted approx. 400 and she said they interview about 600 students. So to go from 400 accepted to ~130ish matriculated indicates pretty good waitlist movement! The current DO student who spoke with us at my interview date was actually accepted off of the waitlist. Best of luck!

Did you get any information about this ? I’m in the same situation.

anyone looking into housing yet? recommendations are much appreciated!

I got an email from them a few days ago reminding me about the deadline. It seems like payment would be taken as a form of holding your seat. They didn't say that payment means you're committed

I believe once that deadline for AMCAS passes where you must hold one seat, you can only have 1 seat for MD, but they don't know anything about your AACOMAS side. They are 2 different systems. You can be on many waitlists throughout the summer in both programs, but once you start a school that's when you've committed. You can also only hold 1 seat in both MD or DO. So you can have 1 acceptance in each type of program, but you can have multiple waitlist options. You definitely can't start a DO program and then get off an MD waitlist and go (no transferring b/t programs), but I'm not sure if you've started MD and get off a MD waitlist if you could do the switch. Hope that helps and makes sense.

Are you withdrawing your application from the other waitlist ?
I got an email from them a few days ago reminding me about the deadline. It seems like payment would be taken as a form of holding your seat. They didn't say that payment means you're committed

Are you withdrawing your application from the other waitlist ?
No I am keeping myself on the other waitlist and paying PCOM-GA. Edit: read previous poster’s info regarding holding seats in both MD and DO programs lol thanks!

Last edited:
Received an acceptance e-mail off the wait list yesterday!

Are there any current or prior students at PCOM GA on this thread? I would love to ask some questions I didn't get to ask during my interview. Mainly, how the students feel about the 87% COMLEX pass rate/board prep in general. Also, are there resources for students who feel they are having trouble?

Are there any current or prior students at PCOM GA on this thread? I would love to ask some questions I didn't get to ask during my interview. Mainly, how the students feel about the 87% COMLEX pass rate/board prep in general. Also, are there resources for students who feel they are having trouble?
Current 1st year, feel free to DM with any questions.

When did you interview?

Just looked at my portal and it seems like they reduced the 1500 deposit down to 500. Idk if this will mean we will have to take out 1k more in loans later on but I do appreciate how PCOM is adapting and catering to the needs of its students. Speaks volumes. Way to go GA-PCOM

Reactions: 7 users
Just looked at my portal and it seems like they reduced the 1500 deposit down to 500. Idk if this will mean we will have to take out 1k more in loans later on but I do appreciate how PCOM is adapting and catering to the needs of its students. Speaks volumes. Way to go GA-PCOM
I just checked my portal and it is now 1000 less than it was before (Mine was 1750 because I was waitlisted and just came off). That is great they are doing that!

Primary Completed: 7/30/19

Secondary Offered: 8/15/19

Secondary/Application Completed: around 10/28/19 (late due to personal emergency, could not find exact date)

Rejection: 4/6/20

Goodluck all!

Last edited:
Did anyone else have a panic attack this morning. I finally gathered the funds to pay the deposit this morning and when i logged into the portal, the link to pay the deposit was no longer there. I lost my mind and sent out many emails to find out if my seat was still available. I am glad they updated us about their new decreased deposit amount.

Did anyone else have a panic attack this morning. I finally gathered the funds to pay the deposit this morning and when i logged into the portal, the link to pay the deposit was no longer there. I lost my mind and sent out many emails to find out if my seat was still available. I am glad they updated us about their new decreased deposit amount.
So you were able to pay it or nah?

Any current/past students have any recommendations for favorite study materials for SPOM? Not tryna be a gunner but trying to find some ways to be productive and not go stir crazy during this weird time!

Any current/past students have any recommendations for favorite study materials for SPOM? Not tryna be a gunner but trying to find some ways to be productive and not go stir crazy during this weird time!
Honestly, enjoy your summer. Studying ahead won't help you that much and maybe only for a week. You can take the time to learn tools like Anki if you like flashcards. If you have to learn something, we use Netter's Atlas to learn our anatomy.

Any waitlist movement recently? Waitlisted 3/31/2020 Hoping there is some movement soon.