2019-2020 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The name of the game is patience. That being said, by being impatient and letting the wait process get to you, you will only make things worse.
-no they won’t tell you anything about the WL process, your spot, how they pick etc
-they meet twice a month to discuss. So there were acceptances last week. And hopefully next week.
- pray for the best, prepare for the worst so you’re not hurt or heart broken.
wow.....well said!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
SO anyone know if there is a facebook page for our class and what others are doing for housing?

SO anyone know if there is a facebook page for our class and what others are doing for housing?
There is a faceboook page. when on facebook type in "pcom d.o. class of 2024" in the search box

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, does anyone know if the class is currently full? Curious to see if any waitlist movement should be anticipated

Hey guys, does anyone know if the class is currently full? Curious to see if any waitlist movement should be anticipated
There should be soon. I know of few people who already declined their acceptance at PCOM recently.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone, I apologize for the delay in letting you all know but I was accepted late last week and have been trying to get started on preparing my stuff for August! I know many of you are stressed and anxious as I was just last week and so I wanted to share the news to give you guys a bit of hope. Stay positive but prepare for the worst :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone, I apologize for the delay in letting you all know but I was accepted late last week and have been trying to get started on preparing my stuff for August! I know many of you are stressed and anxious as I was just last week and so I wanted to share the news to give you guys a bit of hope. Stay positive but prepare for the worst :)
Congrats!

That is great! Did they let you know via email or regular mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any of you if PCOM considers an upward trend? I'm looking to apply here this cycle, but don't want to waste my money if they don't view upward trend from a SMP favorably.

Do any of you if PCOM considers an upward trend? I'm looking to apply here this cycle, but don't want to waste my money if they don't view upward trend from a SMP favorably.
Yes! An upward trend from an SMP would be viewed favorably.

I think upward trends are viewed favorably at pretty much any school, I would definitely apply if you did well in an SMP.

I also got accepted off the waitlist today!! Received an email around 12:30.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
just for clarity purposes, i have 3 LORs from all science profs. that’s cool right?

the description on their website says the 3rd letter must come from “any other faculty member” so i’m not sure if it’s supposed to be 2 science and 1 non-science..

just for clarity purposes, i have 3 LORs from all science profs. that’s cool right?

the description on their website says the 3rd letter must come from “any other faculty member” so i’m not sure if it’s supposed to be 2 science and 1 non-science..
Are you just applying? because I think you on the wrong thread

Yep that's fine. You just need two science professors.

Hi :) although I was rejected pre II, I had the same situation as you where I submitted 3 science faculty letters. I submitted my secondary Aug. 25, and did not hear back from PCOM until November that my file was incomplete due to not having a non science faculty LOR. So that put me behind as I had to reach out to a non science faculty for an LOR and give her at least 2 weeks to write the letter. My recommendation would be to go ahead and get that non science faculty LOR :)! Best of luck!

Hi :) although I was rejected pre II, I had the same situation as you where I submitted 3 science faculty letters. I submitted my secondary Aug. 25, and did not hear back from PCOM until November that my file was incomplete due to not having a non science faculty LOR. So that put me behind as I had to reach out to a non science faculty for an LOR and give her at least 2 weeks to write the letter. My recommendation would be to go ahead and get that non science faculty LOR :)! Best of luck!
thank you!!
i've gotten mixed answers so far so i'll go ahead and get that letter..

Sorry for the misinformation. I don't remember getting a non-science letter :unsure: but yes better safe than sorry.

I'm sorry, this is not the right thread. OP should contact admissions at PCOM or find the right thread for the current cycle. most of us applied last year and don't remember jack. Also, some on this thread are worried about different things, such as getting off waitlist and so on. Please OP find your thread. Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
From the PCOM website: Three faculty letters of recommendation: Two of those three letters must be from SCIENCE professors (undergraduate, post-baccalaureate or graduate programs). The remaining required letter can come from any other faculty member.

Also accepted off of the waitlist yesterday!! Have chosen to withdraw after another recently incoming and much-anticipated acceptance. I hope the spot goes to one of you deserving folk!

Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know if this program is accepting pre-reqs as Pass/Fail rn due to COVID 19? I would prob be applying next admissions cycle but I am finishing the last physics course now and its an option to choose pass/fail? Or should I stick to the letter grade even though it may be a C+/B-..

Does anyone know if this program is accepting pre-reqs as Pass/Fail rn due to COVID 19? I would prob be applying next admissions cycle but I am finishing the last physics course now and its an option to choose pass/fail? Or should I stick to the letter grade even though it may be a C+/B-..
Stick to letter grade. It's okay to have a C+/B-. You don't need all A's to get into med school. I interviewed both MD and DO with few Cs. You need a decent GPA and other stuffs that can make you stand out. Best of luck on your future application.

Honestly I would reach out to PCOM admissions to make sure they take Pass/Fail given the circumstances. But if that C+/B brings your GPA or sGPA down into a non-competitive range, I would probably take the Pass instead. If it doesn’t hurt you too much and your GPA is still competitive then I wouldn’t be too worried.

does anyone know whether PCOM is considering deferred acceptances due to covid-19? a few other schools are offering deferred acceptances because they know the financial burden that some re-applicants will face if they lost their job due to the pandemic. Instead of making them spend money and time on re-applying this cycle or next cycle if they can't afford it this year, they are giving them a spot for next year's class.

does anyone know whether PCOM is considering deferred acceptances due to covid-19? a few other schools are offering deferred acceptances because they know the financial burden that some re-applicants will face if they lost their job due to the pandemic. Instead of making them spend money and time on re-applying this cycle or next cycle if they can't afford it this year, they are giving them a spot for next year's class.

Yes I’ve heard of many people wanting to defer their acceptance this year. I think PCOM is giving people that option.

Yes I’ve heard of many people wanting to defer their acceptance this year. I think PCOM is giving people that option.
ah wait i think i explained myself poorly i meant offering deferred acceptances for next year to WL applicants who dont have any acceptances

I'm an MD student but I would definitely say go pass/fail lol
This is literally a get out of jail free card

ah wait i think i explained myself poorly i meant offering deferred acceptances for next year to WL applicants who dont have any acceptances
You have to be holding an acceptance and deposits paid to have them accept your request for deferral.

hey guys. I know a few people were taken off the waitlist last Friday. Any updates from anyone this week?

How are people being notified of their acceptances? Email? On the applicant portal? Are they still doing postal mail?

Thanks in advance for any info!

How are people being notified of their acceptances? Email? On the applicant portal? Are they still doing postal mail?

Thanks in advance for any info!
Email! The portal also shows a change with a deposit link.