2019-2020 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone still on hold??

Members don't see this ad.

when do we get rejection emails for those on WL? has anyone on WL gotten already. i just wanna feel liberated and get it already lol

Members don't see this ad :)
when do we get rejection emails for those on WL? has anyone on WL gotten already. i just wanna feel liberated and get it already lol
I didn’t know waitlist applicants would receive rejections. I just thought they would never hear back ...

Reactions: 1 user
They usually send rejection letters to WL apps in August when classes begin for the incoming class.

My portal changed and it now talks about the application fee of $75? Did this happen to anyone else?

Reactions: 2 users
I asked this a few weeks ago but I’m just wondering if there has been an update yet. Has PCOM addressed how classes will be held in the fall yet? The school I’m accepted to right now is going to be heavily online with no campus access for most of first semester and they’re “super excited” about all of our labs being virtual for first semester and likely beyond from what they’ve said. I’m still on the waitlist for PCOM but if they are proceeding with normal labs and in-person classes, it would be enough for me to switch over if accepted. Has anyone heard anything?

Anyone heard anything today? It’s my second time being waitlisted. Getting kinda nervous

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone tried to contact admissions to see what the waitlist movement has looked like?

They are all working from home so emailing them will probably get a pretty vague response. At this time it is usually an infrequent withdrawal and then an acceptance will go out. Mass withdrawals this time of the year is pretty rare.

They are all working from home so emailing them will probably get a pretty vague response. At this time it is usually an infrequent withdrawal and then an acceptance will go out. Mass withdrawals this time of the year is pretty rare.
Where’s the dislike button lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
It was from PCOM admissions saying "Are you ready for the 2021 admissions cycle? Get prepared with Admissions Bootcamp!" Just a recruitment email.

oh ok! I was getting nervous I was missing something legitimate to our current cycle. PCOM sends so many of those admissions advertisements I’m convinced they've singlehandedly increased my blood pressure by a couple points

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Andddd now its back to the way it was before
My portal changed like this too and then back to normal, and now it changed again the end of last week saying “Thank you for your interest in PCOM! The grid below summarizes your selected application for admission. Should you have questions about your summary or the application process, we ask that you please visit the following website”
Anyone else? I just wish it changed to a deposit instead!

My portal changed like this too and then back to normal, and now it changed again the end of last week saying “Thank you for your interest in PCOM! The grid below summarizes your selected application for admission. Should you have questions about your summary or the application process, we ask that you please visit the following website”
yeah the same thing happened to me last week

me too!

Hi Guys, Current PCOM student here! I know right now can be a very anxious time, but keep the faith! students can be accepted all the way up until the 1st day of classes. Unless you've been rejected, keep the faith because you never know what could happen. The change you should be looking for on your portal should be in the table where all other received items are and should say something along the lines of required Deposit of ______. (because its July initial deposits due are probably the full 1,750 if accepted) I wish each of you the very best and I hope to meet you soon :)

BREATHE! everything will be okay :)

Reactions: 8 users
Yeah have that $1750 ready if you're on the WL because it's getting down to the wire.

Reactions: 2 users
I asked this a few weeks ago but I’m just wondering if there has been an update yet. Has PCOM addressed how classes will be held in the fall yet? The school I’m accepted to right now is going to be heavily online with no campus access for most of first semester and they’re “super excited” about all of our labs being virtual for first semester and likely beyond from what they’ve said. I’m still on the waitlist for PCOM but if they are proceeding with normal labs and in-person classes, it would be enough for me to switch over if accepted. Has anyone heard anything?

I haven't officially heard an update from PCOM, but I would bet that most, if not all, medical schools will be operating virtually. There's a huge second wave of Covid cases and it keeps increasing daily. At this point, opening a medical school campus seems extremely unlikely, especially for a big city like Philadelphia. I know that's probably not what you want to hear. :( If I were in your position, I would commit to the school that's already accepted me and get my affairs ready for the start of the school year. You want to make sure you have enough time to plan everything accordingly, including your living situation. Rushing last minute to switch schools overall seems like a huge hassle and an inefficient way to spend 2 grand. lol This is just my honest opinion. In the end you know what's best for you. Best of luck with everything! :):)

Reactions: 5 users
Just gave up my seat and hope it goes to one of you amazing future colleagues on waitlist. A very hard goodbye!

Reactions: 8 users
Seems like there’s been very little movement so far :(

Seems like there’s been very little movement so far :(
Would not expect much movement now. Most are locked in to apartment leases and plans to move so withdrawing would mean losing the school and apt deposit and scrambling to find a new place. A withdrawal now would be a true one off.

@kingofmars yeah :( unlikely at this point as @futurexray said, but at the very least two spots opened up over the past week based on this thread and the pcom waitlist thread.

It used to seem like the adcom was meeting every other week but this late in the game they're likely extending any WL acceptances on a rolling basis - so its unclear if they've not yet filled those spots, or if they filled the spots and those who took them haven't posted/aren't on SDN

Incoming M1 so far our orientation is online I think lectures will be online and they may have an option to have primary skills and OMM in person or online like some other DO schools I know. Anatomy starts second semester in November I believe. I think best case we’ll have small labs in person with masks on and limited people but everything else will be online.

Hey SDN fam, I got off the waitlist at PCOM today. I’m a non-traditional re-applicant. Had already started to work on plans for fall and had given up on this cycle but got hit with an acceptance when I least expected it. Just wanted to say that if you’re on the wait list or were rejected or weren’t offered an interview, you can do this! Keep your chin up and keep your hope alive! If you have to re-apply then definitely update your app as best as you can and don’t have a plan B if you truly want to be a physician. My plan was to keep applying until I got in (but you have to find ways to strengthen your app each cycle). If I can do it then y’all can do it too! Good luck to you all!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Hey SDN fam, I got off the waitlist at PCOM today. I’m a non-traditional re-applicant. Had already started to work on plans for fall and had given up on this cycle but got hit with an acceptance when I least expected it. Just wanted to say that if you’re on the wait list or were rejected or weren’t offered an interview, you can do this! Keep your chin up and keep your hope alive! If you have to re-apply then definitely update your app as best as you can and don’t have a plan B if you truly want to be a physician. My plan was to keep applying until I got in (but you have to find ways to strengthen your app each cycle). If I can do it then y’all can do it too! Good luck to you all!
congrats!
PCOM is a good school

Congrats! Are you local to Philly?

JUST GOT AN ACCEPTANCE FROM THE WAITLIST!! ngl I was beginning to give up hope but pcom made good on my letters of intent! :)

Reactions: 9 users
Did you guys receive rejection emails? Since today is the last day of orientation and classes start Monday

Hey everyone, I was verified as of a few weeks ago but haven't received any confirmation or receipt of application or anything from PCOM. I know that there is no secondary but did they send you a receipt of confirmation of the application at least?

@Fun1nth3sun1 I guess you just have to give it some time. This is a process that you need all the patience in the entire world. Good luck with your application.