2019-2020 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off the waitlist!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was just accepted off the waitlist and received the acceptance letter today in the mail. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 02/03. Waiting for a portal change. Does anyone know what the portal change looks like? Is it the same 'portal' where you go to see that all of your documents and test scores were received? Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed 02/03. Waiting for a portal change. Does anyone know what the portal change looks like? Is it the same 'portal' where you go to see that all of your documents and test scored were received? Thanks for any help!
I second this question! lol

I interviewed 02/03. Waiting for a portal change. Does anyone know what the portal change looks like? Is it the same 'portal' where you go to see that all of your documents and test scores were received? Thanks for any help!

I interviewed on 2/3 also; did you already get your letter?? Should i be running to the mailbox LOL

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I interviewed on 2/3 also; did you already get your letter?? Should i be running to the mailbox LOL

No! I haven't gotten anything, I am just checking my portal constantly to see if there's a change! Just wanted to make sure I am looking in the right spot!

I think they said it will take 4-6 weeks to hear a decision
Yeah... I heard the same thing but if you look back on the thread it shows people finding out within 12 days or so. Just hoping we hear back sooner rather than later with good news!!!

WE GOT THIS!

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed on 1/24
waitlisted on 2/4
accepted today (2/10)!

Good luck everyone! The waitlist is obviously moving quick.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed on 1/27 and received my wait list letter on 2/10

Can anyone provide any insight on PCOM South Georgia vs Lecom-B?

Can anyone provide any insight on PCOM South Georgia vs Lecom-B?

I can give a little insight into the differences between the two, but only as someone on the outside and not yet attending either. LECOM-B is a completely different type of medical school curriculum. Students there are engaged in a self-driven problem-based learning curriculum where the faculty are encouraged not to teach, but to let the students teach themselves. Students are giving a case question, and the faculty guides are responsible for guiding the students through what they might need to learn to answer the question, and students are responsible for going home and self learning all of the subjects surrounding a question instead of being taught a system and then being asked a question. No powerpoints, all textbooks. It’s supposed to mirror the critical thinking process for doctors in the field, who won’t have a PowerPoint to rely on with a tricky patient. Controversial style of learning, but there board scores and match rates have been amazing since they opened so it’s clearly working for the students! PCOM South-Georgia is currently based on the PCOM Georgia curriculum, but is transitioning to more of the Lake Erie one later this year. More of a traditional style of learning, with a patient/community centric focus on care. PCOM has been graduating top notch physicians for over a century, and the SG campus looks like it’s well on its way to becoming a successful addition. Both great schools, just depends on what type of learning you think you will be more successful with! Hopefully that helped, but more and better worded information is available on their websites.

Reactions: 2 users
So anyone who has interviewed in 2020 thus far that was accepted get an immediate acceptance as opposed to waitlist—-> acceptance? It seems like most acceptances are quick movements from the waitlist but just curious if that means there’s any possibility to still just be straight up accepted or is it more than likely gonna just be waitlist?

Trying to decide between PCOM South Georgia or ARCOM .. such a hard decision!! >.< any advice ?

Nope :( no portal change either

Jeez, this is annoying. I hope our interview group doesn’t actually take 4-6 weeks for a result :(

I feel like they are only waitlisting people now...

Check your physical mail or the portal! Good luck!

I feel like they are only waitlisting people now...

I got that feeling too. But I guess we don’t know for sure because not every single interviewee posts on here. I mean would they really interview 30 people in a group and not a single one gets accepted no matter how good they are???

• Sad
I am guessing if you are put on the waitlist then there will be no changes on the portal?

I am guessing if you are put on the waitlist then there will be no changes on the portal?
And bingo was his namo EXACTLY get yourself ready to get that pristine waitlist letter! UNLESS you GOT ACCEPTED!!!!

I got that feeling too. But I guess we don’t know for sure because not every single interviewee posts on here. I mean would they really interview 30 people in a group and not a single one gets accepted no matter how good they are???

Yeah... I don't think that would be the case. Besides, a lot of people get accepted to multiple places and withdraw their acceptance from here too. We just have to wait and see.

This wait is horrible......and I am procrastinating on applying to masters programs in case I don't get accepted anywhere.

Finally heard back from 2/3 interview, on waitlist :) keeping hopes up

Reactions: 4 users
Interview on 2/24/20, with the email arriving on 2/18/20. Super excited!

Reactions: 4 users