2019-2020 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
For those wondering what the portal change looks like, there will be 2 new rows ($250 deposit, $1500 deposit) that show up in the "Requirements" section.

Best of luck everyone, I hope you all get in!

Reactions: 2 users
For those wondering what the portal change looks like, there will be 2 new rows ($250 deposit, $1500 deposit) that show up in the "Requirements" section.

Best of luck everyone, I hope you all get in!

Nice! When did you interview?

Did Anyone who interviewed on 2/7 hear anything or have a portal change yet?

I have been on the waitlist since receiving the decision letter on 02/10. Praying for a good outcome

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview 02/10
Received waitlist today 02/24
Hoping the waitlist is still moving as fast as it has been

If PCOM-South Georgia is where you know you want to be, make sure to keep contact via a letter of intent. Also know there is a LOT of movement around April/May. Even more around June/July. Do what you can to make preparations to go wherever you want to go (housing, travel plans, etc.) LMK if y'all have any other specific questions (Matthew, OMS-1 PCOM South Georgia)

If PCOM-South Georgia is where you know you want to be, make sure to keep contact via a letter of intent. Also know there is a LOT of movement around April/May. Even more around June/July. Do what you can to make preparations to go wherever you want to go (housing, travel plans, etc.) LMK if y'all have any other specific questions (Matthew, OMS-1 PCOM South Georgia)

What if an applicant sent a letter of intent that lead to an interview invite and a subsequent waitlist? Would it be advisable for him to send another letter of intent or would the original one suffice?

Does anyone what the chance of getting an interview invite from PCOM Suwanee is if you've already interviewed at PCOM South GA this past week?

I interviewed at SGA and was accepted. I was still offered an II for Swanee but I haven’t heard back tho. So I don’t think it matters. But idk for sure
Does anyone what the chance of getting an interview invite from PCOM Suwanee is if you've already interviewed at PCOM South GA this past week?

Any current students mind sharing good housing options nearby? Thank you !

Any current students mind sharing good housing options nearby? Thank you !

This list is pretty indicative of where everyone lives right now. Everything is within 10-15 minutes with the closest probably being Southland Villas (3 minutes).
There are housing options available right on Tallokas Road, but they seem fairly difficult to get. A good portion of Moultrie is managed or owned by Larry Franklin, who is a big supporter of the school. Lots of building is planned/ in the process to accommodate the school. For the most part, rent/utilities are inexpensive, especially compared to other parts of the country!

Does anyone know how accepted students pay the deposit?
Of course no one will ever know that information, but I would say probably, if I had to guess, 45-50 of the 60 seats available.

Hello,

is there anyone on here that interviewed on 2/28?

Anyone else checking the portal everyday hoping for a change?

Reactions: 5 users
how long have y’all been waiting for?

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get a different response than waitlist/ acceptance?

I just got an II today, so it would seem that there's someone in the office.

Reactions: 5 users
how long have y’all been waiting for?

I am curious about this as well. I know it’s a unranked waitlist, but from what people are posting it’s seems to go in order of dates interviewed. From what I can see on here the last person pulled off the waitlist interviewed 01/27. Anyone still hold a waitlist that interviewed before 01/27?

Reactions: 1 user
I am curious about this as well. I know it’s a unranked waitlist, but from what people are posting it’s seems to go in order of dates interviewed. From what I can see on here the last person pulled off the waitlist interviewed 01/27. Anyone still hold a waitlist that interviewed before 01/27?
I was waitlisted 12/26 so it isnt in order.

I was waitlisted 12/26 so it isnt in order.
Well there goes that idea. I guess it truly is an unranked list then.
On the plus side it’s only March so there is still a lot of time for movement.

Not to overly analyze, but from the patterns I’ve been seeing on this page it seems like they make decisions on Wednesdays concerning the previous week’s interviewees/waitlisters. However, I havnt seen any acceptances off the waitlist in the last two weeks. Could be committee members taking small vacations around spring break so decisions are withheld, but has anyone come off of the waitlist since 2/19?

Not to overly analyze, but from the patterns I’ve been seeing on this page it seems like they make decisions on Wednesdays concerning the previous week’s interviewees/waitlisters. However, I havnt seen any acceptances off the waitlist in the last two weeks. Could be committee members taking small vacations around spring break so decisions are withheld, but has anyone come off of the waitlist since 2/19?
I know for sure they meet on Wednesday( told by an admission rep). From my understanding they meet every other week. The next meetup will be Mar 11. It appears both southga and ga are on this timeline when I analyzed when people saw portal changes etc

I came off Thursday.

Out of pure curiosity, does anyone know when the final interview date is? How many people would you guys guess are on the waitlist?

How do I get the username/password to log into Mypcom?

Also, is there a dress code for lectures?

How do I get the username/password to log into Mypcom?

Also, is there a dress code for lectures?
They should send those to you after you pay the deposits and complete the Technical Standards form. As far as the dress code, it looks like they only have certain requirements for OMM lab sessions. They may also want us to dress professional with white coats whenever a guest lecturer shows up.

Any waitlist movement/update? Does anyone how good the movement is at PCOM-South GA?

I wonder if all their seats are full at this point