2019-2020 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
PSA, there's a new MSAR-akin tool for DO schools now that's free to use. Figured I should share! Good luck everyone this cycle!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten a secondary yet?

Secondary received 6/25. I'm assuming it's one secondary for both campuses?

Ugh. On hold until AACOMAS gets and reports my MCAT score.

Secondary received and submitted. Same as last year's, I believe.

(No word limits)

#1. If not currently in school, what have you been doing since you were a full-time student?

#2. Were you employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate school? If so, please state number of hours worked per week and type of work.

#3. Why do you want to become an Osteopathic Physician?

#4. Why do you want to attend RVUCOM?

#5. What unique characteristics, abilities, or skills will you bring to RVUCOM and the Osteopathic Profession?

#6. Add any additional information that you consider pertinent or that you feel will be of benefit as a student or as an osteopathic physician.

Super excited to apply here! Definitely one of my top DO choices.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Just got secondary. Same as last year's, I believe.

#1. If not currently in school, what have you been doing since you were a full-time student?

#2. Were you employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate school? If so, please state number of hours worked per week and type of work.

#3. Why do you want to become an Osteopathic Physician?

#4. Why do you want to attend RVUCOM?

#5. What unique characteristics, abilities, or skills will you bring to RVUCOM and the Osteopathic Profession?

#6. Add any additional information that you consider pertinent or that you feel will be of benefit as a student or as an osteopathic physician.

Super excited to apply here! Definitely one of my top DO choices.
+1

Secondary received 6/25. I'm assuming it's one secondary for both campuses?
Yeah, you are only able to apply to one of the campuses. If you pick no preference they just assign you to one based on your app and numbers.

For numbers 1 and 2, should it simply be a description of the what we did and where it was, our responsibilities and the hours etc? not necessarily things we learned, how it impacted us etc?

For numbers 1 and 2, should it simply be a description of the what we did and where it was, our responsibilities and the hours etc? not necessarily things we learned, how it impacted us etc?
That’s what I’m doing!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are any of you going to pick a school or just put no preference? It sucks that if we choose a school we are only considered for it and no longer the other.

Are any of you going to pick a school or just put no preference? It sucks that if we choose a school we are only considered for it and no longer the other.
I did but only because I have very clear favorite between the two. All personal preference.

Same here. Any idea how long it takes to verify MCAT score after releasing the scores to AACOMAS?
Hey anyone who had to wait on their MCAT verification and been verified receive a secondary yet?

Hey anyone who had to wait on their MCAT verification and been verified receive a secondary yet?
Nope. AACOMAS isn't even showing my MCAT score in their system yet. :/

on the portal, it used to show I was an applicant for CO campus. Now it lists the UT campus. Anybody know why?

on the portal, it used to show I was an applicant for CO campus. Now it lists the UT campus. Anybody know why?
Did you pick a preference when it asked or did you say you would be fine with either?

Good luck guys. Colorado resident with 3.9 and 516 MCAT and got rejected pre interview last year. Hope t goes better for you all.

Good luck guys. Colorado resident with 3.9 and 516 MCAT and got rejected pre interview last year. Hope t goes better for you all.

Yield protection?

Reactions: 1 users
Yield protection?
Maybe. I even toured the campus a few weeks before my app and mentioned it in my secondary so... oh well going to another great school but would have been a great school to go to. My wife and I loved it in campus.

Marked complete on the portal today!

"Were you employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate school? If so, please state number of hours worked per week and type of work."

Does Dog walking/private tutoring/babysitting count as an answer? No official employment but thats how i made money during undergrad.

"Were you employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate school? If so, please state number of hours worked per week and type of work."

Does Dog walking/private tutoring/babysitting count as an answer? No official employment but thats how i made money during undergrad.
You could put them but how regular were they? I am thinking just discuss the tutoring but I think its really just up to you!

What are some reasons you guys put for "Why do you want to attend RVUCOM?" I have some reasons but I feel like they are not good enough. Anything special you guys put down?

What are some reasons you guys put for "Why do you want to attend RVUCOM?" I have some reasons but I feel like they are not good enough. Anything special you guys put down?
Which location did you choose? Maybe explain why you want that particular location as another reason.

Which location did you choose? Maybe explain why you want that particular location as another reason.

@bowler1234, the locations have very different demographics (e.g. St. George is a very small city, Denver is massive), so that alone would give you a lot to talk about if you run out of stuff to say about the schools.

Is anyone else having trouble with viewing their portal? I can only see “announcements” but no status or any other important tabs

Based on last year's timeline, we might see some interviews as early as this week! Fingers crossed!

Also, remember to check your portals periodically. Supposedly some applicants last year didn't receive an email for their invite but did see their status change.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Go to the "Applicant Tab" and check out the box titled "Admissions Status." An explanation of your "Admissions Status" (either "Applicant" or "Complete") is found in the "Understanding Your Status" box.

When I log in, I only see announcements, campus groups, campus map, campus directory and logout

Just checked my portal and I have an II!! First of the cycle. So excited for this school—my uncle recently graduated and loved it! Everyone make sure and check portals!!!

• Love
II, and first one of this cycle! Notified through email. So excited to have a chance to check out this school :D

Edit: Thought I'd post my timeline too.

Secondary Submitted: 6/25
Letters Marked Received: 7/3
Marked Complete on portal: 7/3

I also noticed that on the portal there's an additional line that appeared yesterday that said "Supplemental App: 7/11." Since my app had already been complete since a week at this point, I wonder if this refers to when your app is under review.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested here is the timeline:

Letters received 7/1
Supplemental app 7/11 (I sent it 6/27)

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone is interested here is the timeline:

Letters received 7/1
Supplemental app 7/11 (I sent it 6/27)

I submitted 6/25, supp complete on 7/11. It shows no letters though..

I submitted 6/25, supp complete on 7/11. It shows no letters though..
How did you send letters? May want to contact the school and ask about it. I used interfolio and aacomas and the letters were one of the first things completed there.

When I log in, I only see announcements, campus groups, campus map, campus directory and logout

Make sure you are checking from a laptop or computer. Mobile or handheld devices do not show much

How did you send letters? May want to contact the school and ask about it. I used interfolio and aacomas and the letters were one of the first things completed there.
my letters are in aacomas. should i submit my extra letters through interfolio too?

my letters are in aacomas. should i submit my extra letters through interfolio too?
I would just contact RVU and ask if there was an issue getting your letters!

If you have new letters to input then yeah I would do it through interfolio.