2019-2020 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Secondary Prompt:

(1000 Words each)
1. How did you learn about osteopathic medicine and why is it a good fit for you?
2. Explain why you are interested in attending Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine:
3. Please describe any significant barriers or challenges you may have overcome in the pursuit of your personal/professional goals.

Last edited:
Is this school OOS friendly?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary invite today!!
Will open up email when I get home.
Nervous, excited!!

@PapaGuava
Secondary Questions (1000 Words each)
1. How did you learn about osteopathic medicine and why is it a good fit for you?
2. Explain why you are interested in attending Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine:
3. Please describe any significant barriers or challenges you may have overcome in the pursuit of your personal/professional goals.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else still waiting for secondary? Might still be early...

Anyone else still waiting for secondary? Might still be early...
Yes! Rowan is one of my top choices.....so I'm anxiously awaiting a secondary from them

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still waiting for a secondary?

Does anyone know how heavy their in-state preference is? % wise?

Does anyone know how heavy their in-state preference is? % wise?
Rowan heavily favors in-state; based on 2018 data it is 85% in state and 15% out of state

Could anyone help provide more insight. I am reading about Rowan's new "Tensegrity Curriculum", but is this considered problem-based learning or traditional? I am a little confused about what the difference is

No it is the over-arching new curriculum. Honestly I would encourage you to call them and ask. The admissions office is very nice and insightful.

Submitted in the 27th but letter of rec still saying incomplete.
Anyone else?
Planning on calling today.

So on AACOMAS it says "Completed" next to my application for ROWANSOM.

I got an email just now saying the following: "
Thank you for submitting your application to Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, (RowanSOM.)
We are writing to advise you that system maintenance is complete. You are now able to submit your supplemental application payments. If you have already submitted your supplemental application, you may disregard this message."

How do I submit the supplemental essay without a link?

Anyone get an email about system maintenance being complete? I haven’t received a secondary yet so idk if this was sent to all applicants or not.

Anyone get an email about system maintenance being complete? I haven’t received a secondary yet so idk if this was sent to all applicants or not.

I got one and had already submitted my Secondaries/paid, so I think it was forwarded to everyone who received/completed their Secondaries. Check your spam/junk mail for an invite! If you don't receive one, I'm sure you can call the office and ask for an update! Good luck~
**edit: they sent an updated email!

Last edited:

Update: they sent another email saying it was an error. The grueling wait continues :(

I just called and was told the letters of rec will stay 'Incomplete' until they have been reviewed by committee and not to worry too much about it (p.s. I'm still worried).
I then asked "So that means my application will stay incomplete?"
She said "Yep".
Me: (crying on the inside ) "Okay, thanks!!

Secondary submitted and complete as of 7/3/19. Really hope I hear back as this is my top program, NJ resident!

Secondary submitted and complete as of 7/3/19. Really hope I hear back as this is my top program, NJ resident!
I submitted yesterday as well but my letters of recommendation still read incomplete and therefor the entire secondary is incomplete. Is this in my control? They were all submitted to AACOMAS and marked as received.

Could anyone help provide more insight. I am reading about Rowan's new "Tensegrity Curriculum", but is this considered problem-based learning or traditional? I am a little confused about what the difference is
The new curriculum is for the traditional students, the PBL track is staying pretty much the same except for the addition of the BRIDGE weeks and the medical scholarship classes in between blocks. But as someone else said, feel free to call admissions. They are very helpful and willing to answer all your questions! Good luck!

How long are you all making your essays? 1000 words is a lot... haha. Especially for the first question about your interests in the medical field.

How long are you all making your essays? 1000 words is a lot... haha. Especially for the first question about your interests in the medical field.

Mine don't always reach the limit! Tbh any length is okay, as long as you are able to answer the question fully! Good luck~ :)

Does anyone know if RowanSOM accepts Canadian/International students? I can't find any information on their website. Thank you!

Does anyone know if RowanSOM accepts Canadian/International students? I can't find any information on their website. Thank you!

Don't have a definitive answer but found these threads

Anybody have any change to their Letter of Rec status or Application status from red to green?

PSA:
There is another secondary essay with 500 word limit:
Please identify your area of professional interest below (i.e. Family Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, etc.)

They don't put it in the essay section so maybe its not supposed to be that big of a deal