2019-2020 South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It is Wednesday my dudes.
Welcome to another day of torturous waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like schools have been accepting a lot less people over the cycle, thus reducing movement completely. At least this has been the case in my experience and a few people I know who are on several waitlists.

Not new, they were implemented in 2019. I think since this is the second year though, schools are adjusting to the new protocols to better avoid unfilled seats or over-accepting students. But this is just my speculation (let's hope I'm wrong)

I kind of agree with this because it seems as though they are accepting people with high stats still. Those that probably interviewed earlier in the cycle and have multiple acceptances. I think maybe this year USF’s plan to keep more high stats was to waitlist more of them early on —that way they didn’t have to drop USF on April 30th to keep their one acceptance elsewhere. Maybe also waitlisting them and then pulling them off gives USF a feel as if they are a higher ranked school? There are some new strategies in place bc I know Lockwood/Daniel are not playing when they want to keep increasing their reputation.

Feel like the new traffic rules significantly impacted WL movement for schools this year :confused:
I actually don’t agree with this. I got accepted to to my number 2 choice medical school (USF is my number 1) last Monday and there was 15 ppl that got pulled off the waitlist that same day, as we all went to SDN to announce our acceptances . There has been a ton of WL movement at other schools . USF is not one of them but that doesn’t mean WL movement is not happening . It indeed is

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew from SELECT at Morsani :( !

Hopefully that helps someone on the waitlist. Very, very sad to do so. Looked like an awesome program,
and it really seemed like they would do a great job of getting my app ready for residency as well as creating an
awesome student network. Only leaving because a school that consistently matches to my hometown accepted me
off their waitlist, and since that was my top priority (above even specialty) I had to take it.

Goodluck everyone, Morsani is awesome and ya'll are gonna be great fellow residents and coworkers one day :D

Edit: To go on about the school, the housing was cheap and amazing looking (DUDE my place was gonna have a view :D), the facilities looked incredible, downtown Tampa is legit, research was probably endless...hard decision, only based on the fact that I have to look at my priority of matching to my hometown. That I chose this school over my other A's on April 30th speaks volumes.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
I don't doubt that it's not happening! Just seems to be significantly less than previous years
People just want to stay at USF! Sucks for us but that’s what seems like is happening

Reactions: 1 user
I don't doubt that it's not happening! Just seems to be significantly less than previous years
this year isn't like other years (clearly). To those of us patiently waiting, I encourage you to stay hopeful and positive! If this year has shown us anything it's that life is unpredictable and anything can happen! It aiin't over till that letter says it is. Until then, keep dreaming!

So since the April 29-30th students pulled off the waitlist had 14 days to decide, we “should” hear back today/tomorrow about new calls

Edit: don’t get your hopes up! I may be just extrapolating too much

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Withdrew my acceptance to the SELECT program today. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist.

Im an accepted SELECT student and haven't heard about the facebook group/ roommate placement. Can someone post that link or let me know where they got that info?

I was accepted the week before April 30th! Also, does anybody know if USF ranks their students in the preclinical (Year 1 and 2) segment?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, it happened. The plight of the waitlist: My landlord is requiring me to let them know by June wether I am terminating my lease or signing for another year.

Cmoooon USF call us before June!

Well, it happened. The plight of the waitlist: My landlord is requiring me to let them know by June wether I am terminating my lease or signing for another year.

Cmoooon USF call us before June!
Depending on your interview date, I'd let USF know the circumstances

Just got the call for the SELECT program!!!! So incredibly happy, I can’t even believe how excited and blessed I feel. So so grateful to everyone on SDN!

Reactions: 8 users
Withdrew from Select WL. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 2 users
Also accepted to SELECT today! Didn't even apply to SELECT only CORE but was asked to interview virtually for it in April. Crazy stuff.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi All, Random question, I requested to join the facebook group or admitted students a while ago (early last week) and haven't heard anything. Are people using that to find roommates, or is there a google doc somewhere? Trying to start thinking about the move!

I’d email michelle, she’s one of the admins of the group. [email protected]

Last edited:
does anyone remember how many students are accepted into each program? I've been wondering why the c/o 2023 has 349 people in the FB group and the c/o 2024 has 249. A hundred people seems like a big difference, right?

does anyone remember how many students are accepted into each program? I've been wondering why the c/o 2023 has 349 people in the FB group and the c/o 2024 has 249. A hundred people seems like a big difference, right?

50 for SELECT and around 110-120 for CORE pretty sure. The groupme also has 92 people in it just fyi!

Reactions: 1 users
What is groupme? Does it mean another 90 people will be accepted from WL??
its the accepted student group chat. No, there are people coming and going all the time from the group, so WLers getting in but more people leaving (guess to other schools), also it isn't representative of the number of currently accepted students because there is no obligation (or much advertising) to join the chat.

Reactions: 1 users
its the accepted student group chat. No, there are people coming and going all the time from the group, so WLers getting in but more people leaving (guess to other schools), also it isn't representative of the number of currently accepted students because there is no obligation (or much advertising) to join the chat.
Thanks a lot!

Do you get a confirmation email when you "Commit to Enroll" from USF ?