2019-2020 South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if USF is open to application feedback requests? Currently sitting on the wait list but pre-paring my re-application!

Members don't see this ad.

I got feedback last year after being WL, but it ended up being pretty vague (since I was reapplying).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
goddamn bruh. select or core? I'm WL rn too with no acceptances

Core both times. Between both cycles I've got 4 MD WL (F in the chat) and 1 DO acceptance. After all this I feel like I deserve a participation trophy or at least the ability to write these app fees (donations) off on my taxes :meh:

Reactions: 2 users
I got interviewed again and WL again ;)
goddamn bruh. select or core? I'm WL rn too with no acceptances
Just wanna say I'm a reapp that got in this cycle. I am decently high stat so not getting any acceptances last cycle really felt like the rug was pulled out from under me, having no plans for a gap year. I'm saying this all to let you guys know that I actually found that it wasn't a huge deal, once I got over the shock of getting all-around rejections from over 20 schools, I started planning for this cycle and made it work. If you don't get even a single A, you can recover and move forward but only if you don't get paralyzed by discouragement. Cheers.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I think 28th & 29th May will be big days for wait listers...finger crossed...

Reactions: 1 users
L
Just curious, is there any particular reason you think so?
As per my knowledge last calls were made on 14th and 15th so I added two weeks and assuming admission committee gathered every two weeks to make decision/calls.I am anticipating major movement on that day, I am being optimistic

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
L

As per my knowledge last calls were made on 14th and 15th so I added two weeks and assuming admission committee gathered every two weeks to make decision/calls.I am anticipating major movement on that day, I am being optimistic
username checks out

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Core both times. Between both cycles I've got 4 MD WL (F in the chat) and 1 DO acceptance. After all this I feel like I deserve a participation trophy or at least the ability to write these app fees (donations) off on my taxes :meh:

damn dude, even with a 72 LizzyM. Hopefully you'll get in, it's still only May. Was your DO acceptance from this cycle?

username checks out

Damn I was so close to commenting this haha.... us waitlisters must think alike XD. Yeah, the acceptance is from this cycle, I almost applied DO last year, but I got a little overconfident. I also applied a little late last year and without decent med/research experience so I kind of attributed that to why I might not have done that well. However after this cycle, I'm beginning to think that aspects of my app that I thought were positive may in fact be red flags to them.

hi all, current applicant deciding where to apply. I wanted to know why accepted people chose this school over other fl schools. I like the hospital affiliations and research and new building, but i do not like the SOAP rates and the concerns I have heard about stress and going back to graded preclinicals and focus on stats. I would appreciate any and all opinions, and please dm if you would be more comfortable

hi all, current applicant deciding where to apply. I wanted to know why accepted people chose this school over other fl schools. I like the hospital affiliations and research and new building, but i do not like the SOAP rates and the concerns I have heard about stress and going back to graded preclinicals and focus on stats. I would appreciate any and all opinions, and please dm if you would be more comfortable
Same answer as in UCF thread!! :)

Y'all getting us excited thinking there is waitlist movement news

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Do you guys think USF will email us once the class is full or just maintain silence until first day of classes?

Did anybody get a sense of whether USF would be receptive to a second LOI? I know they didn’t want updates.

Do you guys think USF will email us once the class is full or just maintain silence until first day of classes?
I think those will be the same time. They might not have the full final class until they start school.

Did people get off the wailist last year that late?
It looks like the two latest acceptances on last years sdn thread were on May 28 and May 29, so hopefully a couple of us get some good news towards the end of this week. It looks like waitlist movement has really slowed down but it doesn’t seem like there was much movement overall, making it difficult to predict anything :(

Someone in USF admissions told me back in April that they are “going deep into the waitlist, just like what they did last year.” Idk what this means but I’m losing all hopes rn

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Someone in USF admissions told me back in April that they are “going deep into the waitlist, just like what they did last year.” Idk what this means but I’m losing all hopes rn
Isn't that a good thing? To me it sounds like they're saying a lot of people will get pulled off

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know when the CTE deadline is for USF?

Any updates on the FB/GroupMe? Anyone know approx how many CORE spots are left?

Only info I got when I emailed admissions last week was that they are “accepting until the first day of orientation.”

Just withdrew my acceptance from here for SELECT, hoping it goes to one of you guys on the waitlist! Best of luck to everyone!! :biglove:

Reactions: 6 users