2019-2020 Texas Tech, El Paso

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the call off the waitlist today! Will be declining it; hope it goes to one of y'all!
Around what time did they call you?

Members don't see this ad.

If I already hold an acceptance at another medical school in Texas, could I still be offered a spot off the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So far i know two OOS people have been offered a place off the WL. Wondering if any IS have yet... I saw on a SDN form of someone getting an offer here (the other OOS). Just wanted to update y’all

Reactions: 1 users
OOS, and I'm declining it because I have an offer from my in-state school. They're giving me until this Friday (so like ~3 days)

congrats on acceptance to your state school! Did you happen to send a Letter of Intent to PLFSOM throughout the cycle?

Hi All! Congrats to those who have been accepted and well wishes to those who are patiently waiting for good news. Are any current students able to share resources from the Medical Spanish elective?

I was accepted off the waitlist on Friday, got the call around 900 mst. I declined the offer, so hopefully it goes to one of you! good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
I was accepted off the waitlist on Friday, got the call around 900 mst. I declined the offer, so hopefully it goes to one of you! good luck everyone!

hi just wondering, could you say when you interviewed :)

Members don't see this ad :)
All these OOS people getting the phone calls. Have literally not heard an IS getting one : (

All these OOS people getting the phone calls. Have literally not heard an IS getting one : (
seems like a lot of OOS people aren’t accepting though, wonder why they are doing it in this order agh

Hey everyone! Got the call and emailed letter of acceptance today at 10:30am mountain time. OOS from Utah. Interviewed sept 19th. This has been my top school the whole cycle, will be accepting the offer. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey everyone! Got the call and emailed letter of acceptance today at 10:30am mountain time. OOS from Utah. Interviewed sept 19th. This has been my top school the whole cycle, will be accepting the offer. Good luck everyone!

Congrats on your A!!

Just received the call and letter of acceptance today. IS, interviewed October. Sent a letter of intent about a month ago. I currently hold another acceptance so I am weighing my options heavily. Good luck to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Accepted! Received the call at 6PM CST. I will be accepting! Can’t wait to meet you all in July!

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed sometime in October and I’m IS.

Just reposting here, but I guess I'm now an MS2 since we're done with our finals.
If anyone has any questions about the curriculum, the city, etc. I can provide an out-of-town perspective. Feel free to post here or send a DM. Alternatively, if you're in the FB group, the class president/VP are extremely responsive and amazing at their roles!

Just reposting here, but I guess I'm now an MS2 since we're done with our finals.
If anyone has any questions about the curriculum, the city, etc. I can provide an out-of-town perspective. Feel free to post here or send a DM. Alternatively, if you're in the FB group, the class president/VP are extremely responsive and amazing at their roles!
Hi there! I just registered for classes and got the schedule for the first year. Can you tell me what it actually looks like in terms of when you have to go and what it is? I know Monday through Wednesday is scientific principles lecture: do we have to go to that, or can we just watch the stream? Thursday we have SCI and medical skills: are those like small groups or lectures? We also have scientific principle "discussion" on Friday: what is that? When is anatomy lab? And college colloquium on Friday as well which seems kind of like an ethics class?

Hi there! I just registered for classes and got the schedule for the first year. Can you tell me what it actually looks like in terms of when you have to go and what it is? I know Monday through Wednesday is scientific principles lecture: do we have to go to that, or can we just watch the stream? Thursday we have SCI and medical skills: are those like small groups or lectures? We also have scientific principle "discussion" on Friday: what is that? When is anatomy lab? And college colloquium on Friday as well which seems kind of like an ethics class?

Generally, this is the breakdown for MS1. Do note that some of this may change due to the pandemic and the need for online modules.

M-W: SPM (Scientific Principles of Medicine) - These are your actual classic lectures. Attendance is optional for the vast majority of these, and lecture recordings are uploaded. Occasionally, you will also have mandatory labs (Microbiology, Anatomy) or mandatory lectures (Certain Biostatistics/SCI lectures). There are only a few Anatomy labs for your first block (IHD). From what I can remember, anatomy labs are generally in the afternoon.

Th: SCI/MedSkills - The day usually starts with an optional SCI lecture (eg. Biostatistics), mandatory Spanish, and then Medical Skills. Spanish is small group (Generally ~10 students from what I can tell), and medical skills is medium-sized as there are three different blocks that students can be placed in. Medical Skills is generally composed of a "Skills" session (eg. Learning a physical exam or introductions to skills like ultrasound) and a Standardized Patient that you perform a full interview/Physical Exam on.

F: Colloq/WCE (Worked Case Example) - Master's Colloquium is effectively an ethics discussion within your college. There are 4 colleges (Red, Blue, Gold, Green), so divide class size by 4 and that's how many people are in there. WCE are small-group discussions with an attending, resident, or faculty member during which you discuss several pre-made patient cases that relate to the week's material.

Just got accepted (IS)! I received the call today around 9 am (central time). I will be accepting! To those still waiting, keep your heads up and don't give up! Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got accepted (IS)! I received the call today around 9 am (central time). I will be accepting! To those still waiting, keep your heads up and don't give up! Good luck!
congrats! can you say when you interviewed? just trying to gauge where they are, i interview a little late, in november

do we know if they are capping the class at 108 / how many students there already are? sorry this is really nerve wracking :/

do we know if they are capping the class at 108 / how many students there already are? sorry this is really nerve wracking :/
Hi! Dean told me at reapp workshop they cap at 108! Anytime they go below 108, they start accepting off WL. I am so sorry this cycle did not turn out the way you planned. It did not for me either. There is still some slight hope in minimal movement before orientation, although I would not put all your hope into the WL. You will become a physician! This just may not be our cycle to become admitted and that is OK! Keep the faith & push forward to get that acceptance next cycle!!! It will all work out.

Reactions: 3 users
seems like they’ve been quiet for a while

Any women looking for a roommate, please DM me! Or if anyone knows of a forum to find roommates let me know! Thanks