wysdoc

Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2016
Rio Grande Valley, Texas
Status
Attending Physician
Does Lubbock need CASPer results to get a interview invite? I think El Paso does but I am not sure about Lubbock. Thanks!!
TTUHSC Lubbock seems to stress taking the CASPer pretty heavily on their admissions page, so I think it's a good idea to take it when you can, this summer if possible.
5 of the TMDSAS schools now use CASPer as part of their application process: both Texas Techs, UTMB, LongSOM, and Texas A&M.
You take the test only once, then choose the schools you will have results sent to, from the CASPer site.

Who_Knows

2+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2017
I could have sworn that there was only an option to add Texas Tech HSC on CASPer. After checking now, there is also an option for Texas Tech El Paso. Was this there the whole time or was the El Paso school recently added?

I know both of the schools require CASPer, but since I couldn't find El Paso, I assumed the Texas Tech HSC option covered both the Lubbock and El Paso schools.

llanoestacado

5+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Hi! My question is regarding the first question on the secondary. It says
1. Select your area(s) of interest (please check all that apply). For each selected area, please list related activities; completed, current or planned. There is a 100 word limit for each selected area:

• Practicing in an underserved area
    • Rural health
    • Medical Research
    • Medical Academics
    • Primary Care
    • Border Health
    • Other (please describe below)

i was wondering if there is any disadvantage about NOT checking off each of them in your opinion. I am fine with any of those but I was thinking about just writing about the ones most important to me not all of them. But now I'm struggling to decide whether omitting say rural health or border health would be a detriment or if i was to check all of them it would come off as trying too hard to write what they want to hear lol
I mean, I'd say if you're actually interested in each one of them, and can discuss why you're interested while citing activities, go for it. I do think it might come off a bit "try-hardy" though; if it was me, I'd probably drop my least favorite. Good luck!

Reactions: clutchtho

wysdoc

Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2016
Rio Grande Valley, Texas
Status
Attending Physician
What do you think they are looking for with the hometown question? I live in the suburbs so
Give some specific things in either category, or both. If everything is a "I hate this or I dislike this" it could say something about your general outlook, I suppose. But don't be too chirpy or bland either. Be yourself!

Reactions: iliketurtlez