2019-2020 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FB group currently at 132 members. 11 are admin. Pretty safe to say that the class is very close to full, if not already full...

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

It is true that so many students got added to Facebook for the last 1-2 weeks. BUT there are also upper-class students who are NOT admins that were included in the group so that they can offer housing answer questions, or sell things.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
For those that sent in their deposit and acceptance, did you receive an email after or anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an international student here that has been accepted to Touro? I have a few questions in regard to providing the proof of financial resources. Did you have to provide the proof for the total cost of attendance (including personal expenses which I believe is around 105K) or just tuition for the first year?

For those that sent in their deposit and acceptance, did you receive an email after or anything?
Yes, I received an email confirming that my deposit was received. Did you check your Touro email as well?

I was accepted to Touro but I'm also on the WL for another school. I got an email regarding my financial aid offer, which stated that I have 2 weeks to accept or decline it, otherwise it would be cancelled. What happens if I accept the offer but withdraw later on? Or if my offer gets cancelled after the 2 weeks?

I was accepted to Touro but I'm also on the WL for another school. I got an email regarding my financial aid offer, which stated that I have 2 weeks to accept or decline it, otherwise it would be cancelled. What happens if I accept the offer but withdraw later on? Or if my offer gets cancelled after the 2 weeks?

When is your deposit due by?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Accepted of the waitlist!!!! Can't believe this is finally real!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)

You should call or email the financial office! I'm sure they deal with this every year.

On the Summer Anatomy course page, it states, "All classes start at 9am with a morning and afternoon session, unless otherwise. Daily schedule is different for each course and some days."

Does anyone know the exact time schedule for the morning and afternoon sessions? For example, is it a 9-12, then 1-3 schedule or something else? Thanks

On the Summer Anatomy course page, it states, "All classes start at 9am with a morning and afternoon session, unless otherwise. Daily schedule is different for each course and some days."

Does anyone know the exact time schedule for the morning and afternoon sessions? For example, is it a 9-12, then 1-3 schedule or something else? Thanks
I just checked the syllabus and yes, it is 9-12 and then 1-3

Reactions: 1 users
hey folks, there’s definitely still a lot of movement happening. Keep the faith WL squad!

Reactions: 2 users
i can only say so within the context of seeing people leave the Facebook group for the class - there have been a handful of departures.
Do you know the ratio of incoming students to current students? My guess is that there would be a couple of current students on there trying to get people to take over their lease, and once that is done, they leave. Because there's well over 135 people in that group

Rejected my admission offer. hopefully one of you gets it!

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! It happened on a Sunday?
When was your interview if you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Yes I was surprised too! Got an email this morning. Interviewed 2/5

Hi everyone, I will be starting the Master's program at Harlem and just wanted to get a sense of what everyone's thinking. Are you planning your move to the city even though how Fall semester will be run isn't determined yet, or waiting it out?

Hi everyone, I will be starting the Master's program at Harlem and just wanted to get a sense of what everyone's thinking. Are you planning your move to the city even though how Fall semester will be run isn't determined yet, or waiting it out?

I'm trying to figure this out atm being from the west coast. They sent an email encouraging us to move to New York though if you're not from the area so my plan currently is to start a lease July 1 unless they give out new info.

I'm trying to figure this out atm being from the west coast. They sent an email encouraging us to move to New York though if you're not from the area so my plan currently is to start a lease July 1 unless they give out new info.
i was recently accepted and am also from the west coast. could you please share this email with me?

I'm moving from the south 7/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was recently accepted and am also from the west coast. could you please share this email with me?
PM your student email and I can forward it to you.

I am also from the west coast and I am planning on moving to NY a week before orientation, so I can get settled

Waitlist here! Does it look like the class is essentially full? AKA should I still be holding onto some hope that I can get accepted?

Just withdrew from the waiting list. Good luck to everyone still waiting, I’m rooting for you all!

Waitlist here! Does it look like the class is essentially full? AKA should I still be holding onto some hope that I can get accepted?
In the same boat I know that they usually send out an email when they get to a point that waitlist movement is slim to none. Email hasn't arrived yet, so I still have that little sliver of hope.

I was accepted a few days ago from the waitlist. So there is movement but probably slow. It's hard to say if the class is full or not. There are many students on the fb group but many of them are current students so I can't say for sure if the class is full or not.

Never lose hope though! Have you sent them a LOI or update letter?

I sent an LOI last week and got a thank you from the director of admissions, but that's about it
Was that the only LOI you sent since you were placed on the waitlist? Was that letter of intent or letter of interest?