2019-2020 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh, my bad. Idk if there's a specific day, but I heard back on a Tuesday

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
no problem! thank you! when did u interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can confirm that it's required to take Step 1 before Step 2 for new med students. :/

"In addition to the change to Step 1’s scoring system, the USMLE announced two more changes to its testing program. Examinees will now be allowed to take each exam in the Step series up to four times, down from six, to achieve a passing score. Additionally, all examinees who wish to take Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) will now be required to have first passed Step 1. Of note, the three-digit scoring systems of Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) and Step 3, and the pass/fail scoring system for Step 2 CS, will remain unchanged."

So that quote is saying you need to take Step 1 in order to take Step 2 CS. CS is the pass/fail patient encounter exam. You wouldn't want to take that as a DO. You want to take STEP 2 CK-- the 3 digit score exam that is a multiple choice test. So I don't see in that quote them saying you need step 1 before Step 2 CK

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email regarding interviews. There is an option to have an interview over the web.
When is your interview if you don't mind me asking? March or April? I haven't received an email from them. Also, when did you receive the email?

When is your interview if you don't mind me asking? March or April? I haven't received an email from them. Also, when did you receive the email?
I received it earlier in the week. My interview is in March.

Is there any video showing the interior of the two campuses?

Links?

the channel was Student DOctor Shaikh but just went to look and her videos have been deleted...

Hey everyone, hope your cycle is going well!
I wanted to post in this sub for people who truly want to go here, how have you handled the criticisms associated with this school?
(Such as really far rotation sites)
Do you think the school has been improving as of late?

I'm applying next cycle and would love to hear some feedback from anyone in regards to this school.
Good luck to all!

Reactions: 2 users
has anyone heard how post-II decisions will be affected by the quarantines?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any recent news? Did February interview dates hear back yet?

Is there any info on how Touro-NY did on match?

For anyone interested, the admitted students group on Facebook has less than 40 members including current Touro students.

Reactions: 1 users
Are they still sending interview invites?

I interviewed at the start of March and have not heard back yet (no surprise they said 4-6 weeks)...more curious if anyone else has that interviewed around that time?

Also, how do they notify you of their decision (email, phone, mail)?

I interviewed at the start of March and have not heard back yet (no surprise they said 4-6 weeks)...more curious if anyone else has that interviewed around that time?

also interview then and haven't heard back. Wondering if decisions will be delayed due to the campus closure...

Did you have a virtual interview?

Interviewed early-mid February and still haven’t heard anything. Maybe there is a delay due to covid?

Do they accept update letters via email?

Hi guys, to those who accepted- have you heard any update regarding classes and COVID-19? I am starting at the Master's program in Harlem and just wanted to see if anyone heard any updates from TouroCOM.

Hi guys, to those who accepted- have you heard any update regarding classes and COVID-19? I am starting at the Master's program in Harlem and just wanted to see if anyone heard any updates from TouroCOM.

Per admin during second look they plan to proceed as usual but have a contingency plan in place as this is an unprecedented issue that is evolving daily.

waitlisted too! interviewed first week of march!

Does anyone know the classroom size?

Despite NYC being the coronavirus epicenter of the WORLD, I still have touro as my number 1 choice. If that doesnt show dedication idk what will.

The facebook page for the class of 2024 has 56 members including 11 admins as of now
Thank you. Do you know what was the classroom size during the previous years?

the class size is around 270 split between harlem and middletown

135. Roughly 100 people from the regular applicant pool, and 35 from the masters program.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if the Facebook group has more current students as members other than the admins?

how often should you "stay in contact" / send updates when you are waitlisted?

Guys, people will be changing their minds until June 1st, maybe even later. So a waitlisted student who gets it can release their spot for others. So don't give up. I once interviewed at a place where they said the more communicative the waitlist candidate, the more likely they will be picked.

Just got waitlisted. Bummed.
Sorry to hear that. Stay in touch with them. Hopefully, you'll get good news soon. When did you interview if you don't mind me asking?