2019-2020 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got the call yesterday!! interviewed 1/6

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
II for the Maine Track a few days ago!

OOS. LM ~70 w/ some ties to Maine.

Very excited!

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have any other January interviews heard back?

seems to be people who interviewed first week of Jan so far... but they did say we could hear back anytime this week & next week so there are still plenty of chances to get the call!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted to Maine Track just now! Interviewed 1/3, Maine Resident

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
anyone know how long it takes the portal to update after an acceptance call for the MD or MD/MPH program?

Yeah I think it takes one business day for them to update the portal. I got my call on a Monday and the next day the portal had the offer tab. When you receive your acceptance letter, it has the date you received the offer on the portal. Congrats on your acceptance!! :clap:

Reactions: 2 users
I got the acceptance call today around 5:30! Interviewed 1/6!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Sign and return one copy of the FAN to the Office of Financial Aid within 2-3 weeks of receipt of the FAN

we haven't gotten this yet, right?

Reactions: 1 user
Sign and return one copy of the FAN to the Office of Financial Aid within 2-3 weeks of receipt of the FAN

we haven't gotten this yet, right?

From the website:

"Submit your completed financial aid application to the Office of Financial Aid by the stated deadline or priority consideration date
The Office of Financial Aid staff will review your eligibility and send you a Financial Aid Notice (FAN) detailing the types of aid you are eligible to receive"

If you've done the following you should be in good shape!
https://medicine.tufts.edu/sites/default/files/21 MD FA Checklist.pdf

Accepted yesterday! interviewed 1/8/20

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am looking to get connected with other incoming students that are also parents! If you are a parent, especially with a child not in school yet, please DM me!! Hoping to create some community and also crowd source child care options. Thank you!! ☺️

My gf just got accepted here, and I was there for her when she happy cried (she thought she'd have to reapply) :) she interviewed 1/13

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone updated the dean of admissions directly or just the portal updates? I know some deans at certain schools are receptive to emails.

has anyone accepted back in october not received a Certiphi email yet? I called Certiphi and they said that they didnt have my file because the school has yet to send a request :/

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the deferral notice, interviewed mid January

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

For accepted students, they have not sent us anything about a deposit or sending transcripts yet.. right?

has anyone accepted back in october not received a Certiphi email yet? I called Certiphi and they said that they didnt have my file because the school has yet to send a request :/
Nothing came in yet....

It used to be this.....
Acceptance Policy
Beginning in February, applicants who are admitted to Tufts University School of Medicine will be asked to submit a $100 deposit and comply with the Tufts University School of Medicine Acceptance Policy to hold their seat in the incoming class.

But Now this ...
Acceptance Policy
At the beginning of April, applicants admitted to Tufts University School of Medicine will be asked to submit a non-refundable $100 deposit, due by 11:59 p.m. on April 30th. Admitted applicants must also comply with the Tufts University School of Medicine Acceptance Policy to hold their seat in the incoming class.

and is it in maine? How did you receive notice of this?
It’s in Portland. I got this along with a congratulations letter in the mail from MMC. Separate letter from first acceptance letter from tufts. As you can see more details to follow in late winter, whatever that means
10063717-ADA5-414B-B092-AA3DF43FC04E.jpeg

I didn’t get one of those with my letter from MMC back in November :nailbiting:

Yes. Came in the mail. Probably to your home address.

Accepted earlier today! Interviewed early Jan

eswdcvvjkb i interviewed end of jan and they said we wouldn't get decisions until MARCH

dying

also worried interviewing this late means less chances of an A :((((

First A today (!), interviewed early Jan

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted earlier today around 11am, so AMPED!!!

Interviewed 1/13.

Reactions: 4 users
regular track revisit day is april 16! any current/admitted students know what the schedule is for that day and what it entails? just so i know when to book my flights. thanks!

Still no II, complete in July. Anyone get a pre-II R lately?

Reactions: 11 users
Sorry if this has been asked or is common sense. For Boston, is it one-on-ones? and are there 2 or am i just making that up

Sorry if this has been asked or is common sense. For Boston, is it one-on-ones? and are there 2 or am i just making that up
2 one on one interviews each roughly 30 minutes long. Open file interviews

Nothing came in yet....

Same thing happened to me. Definitely call the admissions office to check because if you haven't, it means that AAMC dropped the ball. The school sends a list of their current admits to AAMC who then passes it on to Certiphi.

Edit: For those wondering, this is regarding not yet receiving a Certiphi email.