May 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical

Wolvvs

2+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I don't think so, but I was hoping for it. I probably don't qualify for need-based aid despite having moved out years ago so I'm a lillll worried about loans
Yes there's no merit aid, which in combination with high tuition and high cost of living in Boston I think contributes to a lot of people withdrawing to go elsewhere. It's hard to justify paying double or even triple what a state school would cost, even if you fall in love with the school.

Rowan97

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Yes there's no merit aid, which in combination with high tuition and high cost of living in Boston I think contributes to a lot of people withdrawing to go elsewhere. It's hard to justify paying double or even triple what a state school would cost, even if you fall in love with the school.
unless u are from CA :)

Reactions: DJ_MD
About the Ads
Jun 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
have any deferred students been accepted? Is Tufts receptive to letters of intent?
I was deferred and sent a letter of intent January 1 and haven't heard still. Uploaded to the portal, but don't know how often they check that.

Reactions: premed1080
Jul 23, 2019
404: Not Found
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)

Wolvvs

2+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I was deferred and sent a letter of intent January 1 and haven't heard still. Uploaded to the portal, but don't know how often they check that.
Their next admissions committee meeting should be coming up soon along with another round of acceptances, I guess we'll see this time if anyone who's been deferred gets accepted. I could see them waiting until the March meeting though as they'll be done with interviews by then, but given that they're close to being finished, it's possible they start accepting deferred applicants now. I guess we just have to wait and see!

Feb 24, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Their next admissions committee meeting should be coming up soon along with another round of acceptances, I guess we'll see this time if anyone who's been deferred gets accepted. I could see them waiting until the March meeting though as they'll be done with interviews by then, but given that they're close to being finished, it's possible they start accepting deferred applicants now. I guess we just have to wait and see!
Does anyone know what day the admissions committee meets?

About the Ads

Wolvvs

2+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Yea I was able to pick March 2nd!
That's awesome, but wow that's short notice especially if you're not in the area! But I guess it was probably the result of a cancellation so there's not much they could do. Anyway I'm super happy for you, good luck!!

About the Ads

VaishS

2+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
if you didn't get a call/email today, does that general mean you're WL/R?

In the past have they done all the As on one day and the Rs on another or do they make A calls over several days?

Im kinda bummed about not hearing today :/

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
if you didn't get a call/email, does that general mean you're WL/R?
I interviewed on Feb 10th and was told around 3 weeks to early march for my section

Rowan97

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical

In the past have they done all the As on one day and the Rs on another or do they make A calls over several days?

nah i got a call a day after the first wave of A's went out. dont stress urself out as of rn by speculating.

Jan 10, 2020

Some people got calls on Jan 29 and some people got calls on Jan 31. I assume they were all under the same committee meeting day so I think it’s not the end of the world if you didn’t hear today. I’m bummed too though.

• Love
Reactions: VaishS

VaishS

2+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
nah i got a call a day after the first wave of A's went out. dont stress urself out as of rn by speculating.
eep i feel like it would have showed up on my choose your medical school if I had been accepted and they just hadn't called yet

really not looking good and tufts was my top choice :/

Wolvvs

2+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
eep i feel like it would have showed up on my choose your medical school if I had been accepted and they just hadn't called yet

I don't think that's how it works, I think they call first before updating anything. Last round people said the portal was updated with their acceptance the day after they got a call. So I don't think there's a way to find out about an acceptance before they call you.

Reactions: DJ_MD

openstage

2+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
For people accepted into the Tufts Maine Track:

Has anyone received a letter about being awarded the Maine Track Scholarship? Please reply if you did.

Nov 4, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)

Give it time. Literally the Dean of Admissions is individually calling people to let them know they were accepted. He's a busy man and these things take time. Keep your chin up :)

Reactions: croissant_lover

Rowan97

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical

my portal was updated like 3-4 days after, so they wait until after the call to do anything administratively. relax :) the decision is gonna come regardless so mind as well enjoy today and do something that will make u happy.

if u get the A, ud have stressed for no reason at all, and if u get the R, ud have made urself feel worse for an extra day. its a lose-lose scenario for stressing and speculating right now :)

About the Ads