2019-2020 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Acceptable range just now, interviewed 9/20.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When have people been hearing responses after going under review? I've been under review for several weeks now and just want to mentally prepare myself for how long this portion will likely take.

I've been under review since September.

Accepted today, interviewed end of October. So THRILLED!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Still waiting from 10/14. Wondering if I'm going to have to drop $1k on a DO deposit before I hear back :/

Reactions: 1 users
it took 7 weeks for me to be put on hold. There were people that were only on review for 4 days and some that were on review for 3 months. I don't want to be a downer, but at this point most decisions will be a hold for interview.

I've been under review for almost five months now.

• Wow
Does the secondary portal change at all post-interview for when the committee meets, a decision is made, etc?

I interviewed a good bit ago and it still shows "Your interview is schedule on:..." and even gives me the option to cancel/reschedule my interview. Wonder if this means the committee hasn't even opened my file post-interview yet?

Does the secondary portal change at all post-interview for when the committee meets, a decision is made, etc?

I interviewed a good bit ago and it still shows "Your interview is schedule on:..." and even gives me the option to cancel/reschedule my interview. Wonder if this means the committee hasn't even opened my file post-interview yet?
Mine didn’t change until a few days after my acceptance

Doesn’t change

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else who interviewed on 10/25 still waiting?

Hold for possible interview today :wideyed: Complete mid Aug

On hold today, completed mid July. Pretty much soft R at this point in time?

so tempted to reply to a school that offers an interview with “sorry, you’ve been placed on hold for consideration. will get back to you within the next 4 months. Please be patient.” :laugh: :laugh:

Reactions: 4 users
600 interviewed, 200 matriculate. Not sure about the acceptance vs matriculant rate though. i.e. How many people get accepted but decline enrollment
Ty Ty!! yeah I'm also looking for the straight acceptance number thinking it might be 300?!

R today. Complete 10/6, Under Review 11/5.

OOS, MCAT 516 GPA 3.95, LM 74

Thank goodness for an early A at another school, or that one might have crushed my spirits.
you got rejected with stats that high??? lmao i pray for me then

If I remember correctly from asking around, the number is closer to 400.
Wow that's awesome! From what is looks like, Tulane isn't afraid to give acceptances earlier rather than waitlists. Whereas some schools basically just say, expect a waitlist.

Still waiting from 10/14, dying a little more inside each day as the anxiety eats me alive but it's fine lmao

Adjustments.JPG

• Haha
Incoming T1 at Tulane University School of Medicine here - more than happy to answer any of your questions, especially the ones about the secondary application and interview. You can also pm me if you have any questions! Best of luck everyone.
Hi!
So I know tulanes average GPA is a bit lower than the rest of the US but their MCAT is pretty high. I wanted to ask if there is any tips for getting in regarding any ECs or things I need to do to be more appealing. I know global medicine is a big one which is great because I have a big background on international medicine but I don’t know how to portray my interest in it.

Hi!
So I know tulanes average GPA is a bit lower than the rest of the US but their MCAT is pretty high. I wanted to ask if there is any tips for getting in regarding any ECs or things I need to do to be more appealing. I know global medicine is a big one which is great because I have a big background on international medicine but I don’t know how to portray my interest in it.
They also place a lot of value on service, especially with underserved populations.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi!
Service heavy app goes a long way here, regardless of stats

Submitted 2° 7/31
Placed under review 9/20
Placed on hold for possible II 12/6

Does anyone have a rough idea of where they are regarding interview invite slots? I know the site says "If you do not receive an invite by the first week of March, our slots are full and you will receive a rejection letter", but still lol...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Submitted 2° 7/31
Placed under review 9/20
Placed on hold for possible II 12/6

Does anyone have a rough idea of where they are regarding interview invite slots? I know the site says "If you do not receive an invite by the first week of March, our slots are full and you will receive a rejection letter", but still lol...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I believe they are already scheduling March dates. Our chance comes when current II holders decide not interview and withdraw their application.

I believe they are already scheduling March dates. Our chance comes when current II holders decide not interview and withdraw their application.
This seems correct to me. I got an II here in October and the only available dates were in early-mid March..

At this point II's from Tulane will really only trickle out as people withdraw from their interviews.

This seems correct to me. I got an II here in October and the only available dates were in early-mid March..

At this point II's from Tulane will really only trickle out as people withdraw from their interviews.

well, looks like im definitely not getting in then lol

Is everyone getting invited to the new MD/MS Bioethics program?

Reactions: 8 users
I hoped Tulane was better than that lmao but yes just got an email spamming their MS in bioethics

"Given your application to our medical school, we are excited to share with you what our program has to offer."

I know you're not supposed to take these things as a soft R...but I've been on hold since september and complete since early july.

I hoped Tulane was better than that lmao but yes just got an email spamming their MS in bioethics
Ohhhhh, So they sent it to literally everybody and not just those accepted?

Ngl, the Medical Humanities focus does look cool though