About the Ads
Aug 13, 2018
California
Status
Pre-Medical
On hold today, completed mid July. Pretty much soft R at this point in time?

Reactions: utangboy123
Oct 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
600 interviewed, 200 matriculate. Not sure about the acceptance vs matriculant rate though. i.e. How many people get accepted but decline enrollment
Ty Ty!! yeah I'm also looking for the straight acceptance number thinking it might be 300?!

Reactions: TurtleBobGoat
Jun 10, 2018
California
Status
Pre-Medical
Placed on hold 12/6 with LM ~75. Submitted secondary on 7/10, went under review on 8/6.

About the Ads

HighYieldOnly

premed killa -> killa docta?
Jun 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone else who interviewed on 10/25 still waiting?
Still waiting from 10/14, dying a little more inside each day as the anxiety eats me alive but it's fine lmao

Reactions: TSHJB302
Dec 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Incoming T1 at Tulane University School of Medicine here - more than happy to answer any of your questions, especially the ones about the secondary application and interview. You can also pm me if you have any questions! Best of luck everyone.
Hi!
So I know tulanes average GPA is a bit lower than the rest of the US but their MCAT is pretty high. I wanted to ask if there is any tips for getting in regarding any ECs or things I need to do to be more appealing. I know global medicine is a big one which is great because I have a big background on international medicine but I don’t know how to portray my interest in it.

Sep 1, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Hi!
So I know tulanes average GPA is a bit lower than the rest of the US but their MCAT is pretty high. I wanted to ask if there is any tips for getting in regarding any ECs or things I need to do to be more appealing. I know global medicine is a big one which is great because I have a big background on international medicine but I don’t know how to portray my interest in it.
They also place a lot of value on service, especially with underserved populations.

imbesrs

I'm a great value.
Mar 31, 2019
www.walmart.com
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi!
Service heavy app goes a long way here, regardless of stats

Ms. Incognito

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Submitted 2° 7/31
Placed under review 9/20
Placed on hold for possible II 12/6

Does anyone have a rough idea of where they are regarding interview invite slots? I know the site says "If you do not receive an invite by the first week of March, our slots are full and you will receive a rejection letter", but still lol...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

bdjay

2+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Submitted 2° 7/31
Placed under review 9/20
Placed on hold for possible II 12/6

Does anyone have a rough idea of where they are regarding interview invite slots? I know the site says "If you do not receive an invite by the first week of March, our slots are full and you will receive a rejection letter", but still lol...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
I believe they are already scheduling March dates. Our chance comes when current II holders decide not interview and withdraw their application.

About the Ads

BeingForItself

2+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I believe they are already scheduling March dates. Our chance comes when current II holders decide not interview and withdraw their application.
This seems correct to me. I got an II here in October and the only available dates were in early-mid March..

At this point II's from Tulane will really only trickle out as people withdraw from their interviews.

osamine

Sentient Neural Net
Sep 24, 2019
The Magic City
Status
Pre-Medical
This seems correct to me. I got an II here in October and the only available dates were in early-mid March..

At this point II's from Tulane will really only trickle out as people withdraw from their interviews.
well, looks like im definitely not getting in then lol

maha2018

2+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Is everyone getting invited to the new MD/MS Bioethics program?
I hoped Tulane was better than that lmao but yes just got an email spamming their MS in bioethics

ElloMellowYellow

2+ Year Member
May 13, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I hoped Tulane was better than that lmao but yes just got an email spamming their MS in bioethics
"Given your application to our medical school, we are excited to share with you what our program has to offer."

I know you're not supposed to take these things as a soft R...but I've been on hold since september and complete since early july.

maha2018

2+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2017
Status
Ohhhhh, So they sent it to literally everybody and not just those accepted?

Ngl, the Medical Humanities focus does look cool though
Mine wasn’t for the joint program, just the MS. I hate-read the email once I realized what it was and it does look pretty cool (although it’s 2 yrs and $$$$)

Aug 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Put on hold today for an interview invite, went under review 9/17 and was complete early August

Reactions: illini32
Apr 23, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Complete 7/22
Under Review 8/22
Hold for Possible Interview 12/9

About the Ads
Jul 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Just got pre ii hold

limeyguydr

spreadsheet queen
Bronze Donor
May 16, 2018
Status
anyone else under review in July with no update regarding a pre-ii hold, R, or II?

Apr 22, 2019
Status
Pre-II hold yesterday. Complete late July.

Aug 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
For those that heard back post-interview, how long did it take?
I'm still waiting for Mid-November. From what I've seen, it looks like people around early November and Halloween are hearing right now. I creeped through last cycle's and I think a big wave of decisions came out like December 21st

Reactions: 526yrm
About the Ads