2019-2020 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those that uploaded an update or letter to the portal, did they send any acknowledgment? I apologize if this was answered before; I am just a little anxious wondering if they received my update and letter or not
Nope. Sent these via e-mail too. Though she doesn't respond, Dr. Morris reads them.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I just withdrew my acceptance here. Best of luck to anyone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 6 users
Just withdrew my offer as well. Hope it goes to one of you. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year, according to SDN, Tulane decided not to implement the CTE date so waitlist movement happened late into May. Do we know if they are going to be stricter with the April 30 deadline this year? (I've been on the waitlist since December SOS)

Reactions: 1 users
I just wanted to stop by and THANK those of you who are taking the steps to withdraw for those of us on the waitlist!!
Hoping for some good news for us all in the next few weeks :)

WIthdrew my acceptance - good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 4 users
Last year, according to SDN, Tulane decided not to implement the CTE date so waitlist movement happened late into May. Do we know if they are going to be stricter with the April 30 deadline this year? (I've been on the waitlist since December SOS)
I talked with Mike Woodson and they are not. He said they really only look at CTE if they haven't heard from candidates directly about their plans in which case they just reach out over phone or email.

I talked with Mike Woodson and they are not. He said they really only look at CTE if they haven't heard from candidates directly about their plans in which case they just reach out over phone or email.
Thank you so much for the info!

Just withdrew my acceptance!! Good luck y'all!

BLESS ALL YOU KING AND QUEENS WITHDRAWING YOUR A'S, TRULY!!!!!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR A'S AND SENDING YOU ALL ENDLESS ENERGY ON THIS NEW CHAPTER!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Hope we see some more waitlist movement at Tulane. I know it's expensive but I really did enjoy the interview day learning about what they have to offer!

Hope we see some more waitlist movement at Tulane. I know it's expensive but I really did enjoy the interview day learning about what they have to offer!
Has WL movement started here? I haven't really seen anything posted yet. :arghh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Has WL movement started here? I haven't really seen anything posted yet. :arghh:
I wonder if emailing admissions and asking about waitlist movement is acceptable? Need to know if I should start reapplying or not

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if emailing admissions and asking about waitlist movement is acceptable? Need to know if I should start reapplying or not
Given how much we pay them just to send a secondary and travel to interviews, I hate that we don't even know for sure whether it's okay to ask about stuff like this : /

I'm torn because I feel like it is acceptable, but that it's too early to start asking them... But I want to know so...

I can’t imagine how it would hurt you, I’d go for it !
I feel like Tulane of all places (I'm an undergraduate student here) would be really understanding and not hold it against you. I have been asking around and can't get an answer about how many seats are open or if they expect much movement.

Last year I think they emailed and the class was full shortly after May 1st which is why WL movement was very slow. MSARs shows 60 students came off the waitlist and I think that's based off last year's data.

I would definitely go for it. From what I've heard from current Tulane students and in my own experience with them, it seems like Tulane admissions genuinely wants to hear from applicants. So I think maybe emailing and just reinforcing the idea that Tulane is your top choice while also asking about wait list movement wouldn't hurt and could potentially even benefit you.

lol @ Tulane's pre-matriculation program.

lol @ Tulane's pre-matriculation program.

Bruhhhhhhhh The subject line came in with "Tulane De..." making me think it said decision and almost had a heart attack. SMFH. I know they call but was like oh fck...

Just curious. How do you withdraw? Just an email to admission?

Yes. This is from their website:

A letter of withdrawal is required if a student wishes to relinquish a reserved place in the class. An e-mail will suffice.

Accepted students are asked to be considerate to others in the applicant pool awaiting an acceptance. Tulane School of Medicine strongly encourages students to not hold more than one seat at a time, but recognizes that a final decision often can not be made until all information is available. In cases where an applicant is awaiting additional information before deciding upon which medical school to attend, we encourage the applicant to narrow the choice to two or three schools at most and to relinquish any additional places being held. The applicant should make decisions as information is received from the medical schools.

Does Tulane accept additional letters of recommendation? Is that something I could potentially upload onto the applicant portal/ email?

Just got off the waitlist! Interviewed October, WL December!! First A!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Congrats!!! That's so exciting! Did you send any update letters or an LOI?
I said an update letter in January and a letter of interest (saying why I thought it was a good fit) at the end of March. I am also an undergraduate student at Tulane so that might have given me a leg up

Hang in there! It will all work out in the end

Appreciate it! Congrats again, hoping for a future where we are all classmates. Genuinely had an amazing interview group so I know Tulane does well building their class. :)

Do yall know if tulane has a pre-M1 summer program? thanks
I know that they have a biochemistry prep course, which from my understanding is the same thing as T1 biochem, so you have an advantage when taking the real thing.

I know that they have a biochemistry prep course, which from my understanding is the same thing as T1 biochem, so you have an advantage when taking the real thing.
Do you have a link for more information regarding this course? I could not find any info about a pre-M1 prep program on their site.

Do you or does anyone know if there is a summer anatomy version of this for incoming students?
There's the Tulane ACLP program which is pretty competitive, but could land you a spot in med school the following year
There is not an anatomy summer program that I'm aware of (especially this year because of COVID). The ACLP program is basically a year-long masters program that you do not get a masters degree from, but instead you are guaranteed an interview if you test above the med school average in the courses. However, the anatomy professor Sarah Garner has her own anatomy textbook (Garner's Gross Anatomy) and an instagram account (@passion4pathology) where she posts anatomy videos and pictures if you wanted to try to get a leg up by teaching yourself some material. I took her class undergrad and would be happy to answer any other more in-depth questions about the material if needed!

There is not an anatomy summer program that I'm aware of (especially this year because of COVID). The ACLP program is basically a year-long masters program that you do not get a masters degree from, but instead you are guaranteed an interview if you test above the med school average in the courses. However, the anatomy professor Sarah Garner has her own anatomy textbook (Garner's Gross Anatomy) and an instagram account (@passion4pathology) where she posts anatomy videos and pictures if you wanted to try to get a leg up by teaching yourself some material. I took her class undergrad and would be happy to answer any other more in-depth questions about the material if needed!
Thanks for the detailed response. I will definitely make sure to dm you if I have any further questions!

I was just accepted today off the waitlist!! I made this account to update you guys because up until today, I was frantically checking this forum (like most waitlisters), and I found people's updates helpful.

I was able to speak to Dr. Morris regarding waitlist movement recently, and they're anticipating people to drop their A's a bit later because LSU is being slow with their acceptances and many in-state people choose LSU over Tulane because of the price. So there's still hope!! (Also, I sent updates, I'd recommend sending one about your summer plans/volunteering if you haven't already)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I was just accepted today off the waitlist!! I made this account to update you guys because up until today, I was frantically checking this forum (like most waitlisters), and I found people's updates helpful.

I was able to speak to Dr. Morris regarding waitlist movement recently, and they're anticipating people to drop their A's a bit later because LSU is being slow with their acceptances and many in-state people choose LSU over Tulane because of the price. So there's still hope!! (Also, I sent updates, I'd recommend sending one about your summer plans/volunteering if you haven't already)
Congrats! And thanks for creating an account to share, it really is nice to hear updates like these!

Now back to refreshing my email compulsively

How did you send updates? Just by emailing the main admissions email and uploading it to the Secondary portal right?

How did you send updates? Just by emailing the main admissions email and uploading it to the Secondary portal right?
Just log in to the portal and click on user profile
Then click document upload and upload your updates to the portal

Congrats!!! May I ask when you interviewed and when you got the WL offer?