2019-2020 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II on the morning of 11/19. IS. Submitted 2nd on 8/4. Complete on 9/18.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted today!! One of my top choices! IS, wow UCSD has quick turnover - interviewed in less than 2 weeks ago. I also felt like I bombed one MMI station, but still made it so keep up the hope folks!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have they begun rejecting post secondary pre-II?

Anyone knows the rough amount of students that come off post-interview waitlist?

It says on MSAR but my MSAR expired already so I couldn’t tell you exactly the number. I think it’s pretty low though :/
I looked. its 27 people. But that's not bad for a class size of 134.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Has anybody who's called the admission's office gotten a reply other than the "your file is still being reviewed and you should hear back shortly"? Submitted secondary in early August and have heard nothing, but I don't know if calling them will help at all...

Hey guys! I just canceled my interview, which was supposed to be on 12/03. If anyone is scheduled to interview later and wants to take my interview slot there may be an opportunity to do so.

Best of luck to everyone still in the running!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Gave UCSD a call and they said they're still reviewing my file. If anyone is dying to know I would recommend calling; the receptionist was exceptionally kind. Also, they want all files reviewed and returned by mid-December.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Thanks for calling!

Also, they want all files reviewed and returned by mid-December.

This eases up some of my anxiety. If I have waited this long, mid-December is not that far away. c: Thanks again!

Gave UCSD a call and they said they're still reviewing my file. If anyone is dying to know I would recommend calling; the receptionist was exceptionally kind. Also, they want all files reviewed and returned by mid-December.

So like 2 weeks... thats pretty ambitious considering the complete dates of the posts we've seen here :shrug:

how do they screen before sending out secondaries? gpa/mcat? instate ties?
No clue but I don't think it has anything to do with instate ties (I don't have any). It's probably an algorithm that just filters out combinations of GPA + MCAT.

No clue but I don't think it has anything to do with instate ties (I don't have any). It's probably an algorithm that just filters out combinations of GPA + MCAT.
And probably certain amount of hours for certain ECs and maybe buzzwords. Schools that don’t screen apps probably use the same algorithm to determine which priority an application has.

Received II this evening! Scheduled for 12/3, but also February spots available. Excited!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
y'all are getting me amped up for my 9/18 submission, congrats

Interviewing here soon. Its my top choice and only II ;-; Anyone got any tips?
Make sure you have practiced MMI's before. Other than that, nothing out of ordinary, but then again, I got WL so maybe I didn't perform as well as I thought.

Make sure you have practiced MMI's before. Other than that, nothing out of ordinary, but then again, I got WL so maybe I didn't perform as well as I thought.
How quickly did you hear back? And any mmi prep resources you recommend?

Or maybe you performed well, but everyone was just performing really really well. Competition is tough out there.

any august completes(or earlier) who still haven't heard anything? lol

if you get a hold or rejection does that show up on your status page? I'm worried I missed an email or something lol but my spam box is empty

any august completes(or earlier) who still haven't heard anything? lol
8/9 here. I called recently and was told "likely sometime this week"! It seems that reviewers are just going at different paces.

if you get a hold or rejection does that show up on your status page? I'm worried I missed an email or something lol but my spam box is empty
Any communication from them should show up under the communication tab in your portal so you should be good if you don't see anything there!

Any email from them is in the communications tab on your portal. Including any email that says they put you on hold.

8/9 here. I called recently and was told "likely sometime this week"! It seems that reviewers are just going at different paces.
I called at the beginning of november and they said I'd hear back in "a few days" ):

• Sad
“Hello darkness my old friend... I’ve come to talk to you again...”

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know the rough percentage breakdown of a/r/wl for post interview decisions?

Hello,
Just got on this page, can anyone brief me on whether or not anyone on hold for an interview has actually gotten an interview. I acknowledge the soft R theory.