2019-2020 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Probably so they can make their decision on what school to attend including financial aid
Do we have to commit to enroll on April 30 or can we wait after that? Sorry I’m just a little confused with the dates of the choosing school tools on AMCAS

Members don't see this ad.

Do we have to commit to enroll on April 30 or can we wait after that? Sorry I’m just a little confused with the dates of the choosing school tools on AMCAS
Yeah that’s the day to commit. Every school has different policies/dates but I believe that is the date for UCSD.

Did anyone recieve any post secondary pre-II rejection? or does ucsd only put people on hold post secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's what I assumed. In other words, if you got a hold, you are realistically rejected.

Except that if you take the time to read through this thread you will see that several people here have already gotten II from hold this cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Except that if you take the time to read through this thread you will see that several people here have already gotten II from hold this cycle.
That's why everyone tempers their statement by saying "realistically," or "soft."

Reactions: 1 user
So no outright Rejection to date?
nope, looks like ucsd sends holds to everyone who don't get an II. Which was why I said it's a soft R, because at any other school, the hold would have been a rejection, and I am saying that literally not figuratively

nope, looks like ucsd sends holds to everyone who don't get an II. Which was why I said it's a soft R, because at any other school, the hold would have been a rejection, and I am saying that literally not figuratively

So no news is better than a hold then?

So no news is better than a hold then?
I was complete early. No hold or II on my end
I would assume no news = they haven't looked at your app yet or haven't made a decision to grant you an II. And think about it, a hold is the lowest status you can get AT THIS POINT. Therefore, I would say with confidence that no news is better news than a hold. This is coming from someone who has a hold lol

Members don't see this ad :)
glad to see there are someone people on this forum with some brains. I can say something for sure tho, jecki will not get the A

Well there’s the epitome of weird flex.

Whats the turnaround after interviews? Was here two weeks ago, still haven’t heard back

Whats the turnaround after interviews? Was here two weeks ago, still haven’t heard back
Interviewed today, was told they meet on the Monday two weeks after your interview and let you know by the Friday if not earlier afterwards. But decisions from today will be delayed due to the holiday in a couple Monday’s so maybe the holidays impacted you hearing back?

• Wow
II today for PRIME-HEq! Complete in Oct. only date available was 02/18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone go to the free clinic tour? What was the dress code?

Did anyone go to the free clinic tour? What was the dress code?

They say casual in the email, but my tour guide said it’s usually business casual when students go and volunteer. Interviewees in my group wore both casual and business casual ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Very generous of them to offer flights for PRIME applicants!

Also, were the clinic tours conducted on the same day as the interview?

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Are they done reviewing PRIME applicants? I have yet to hear anything whether rejection, hold, or interview invitation.

Has anyone tried sending a LOI before getting a decision? I absolutely love this school but I don't think the MMI went very well and I am trying to increase my chances at all. I know they don't accept updates so I was wondering if anyone knew about other communication?

Has anyone tried sending a LOI before getting a decision? I absolutely love this school but I don't think the MMI went very well and I am trying to increase my chances at all. I know they don't accept updates so I was wondering if anyone knew about other communication?

You're allowed to send a thank you note, so you could indicate your intent there.

If you are going to write one before offers are released, you should do it soon, as they make decisions within two weeks of the interview day.

Post-hold R. Thinking fondly of the time I powered through and wrote my life story for UCSD while high on painkillers post-surgery

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Any CPAs/finance wizards out there know if I can I write off the cost of my UCSD secondary as a donation on my 2019 taxes?

Unrelated: Rejected this morning, post-hold.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users