Dec 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Waitlisted today post II.
Does anyone know what waitlist movement is like? I’m nervous about it because they said we won’t hear back till May
Mmmm according to MSAR there are typically around 300 people on the waitlist per cycle, with about 30 of those eventually getting offers. So not terrible odds, but not the best either.

• Wow
Reactions: C6H12O6.glider
About the Ads
Jun 30, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
just found the rejection in my spam :( did no one else get rejected last week?

• Sad
Reactions: jollyjumper
Sep 30, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
The hold email says that they will review apps again by late January. Are there people still on hold who haven't heard anything since the email?
Me too, I checked their website today because I was also wondering when we'd hopefully hear back and it says that interviews typically go through the end of March, so I'm hopeful still! I'm wondering if we're people who'd potentially fill in for II slots that other people cancel? Or if they haven't scheduled all their interviews through the end of March and we could potentially fill those? Hopefully the latter.

Aug 8, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
The hold email says that they will review apps again by late January. Are there people still on hold who haven't heard anything since the email?
Still waiting here as well.

im sure there’s hundreds of us still waiting

About the Ads
Aug 8, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Lol same they hit me with that R. However I can’t say I’m surprised.

I had a good source confirm pre-II hold is a death sentence for most apps at UCSD.

starlord005

2+ Year Member
May 16, 2017
Got hit with that R

Dec 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Lol same they hit me with that R. However I can’t say I’m surprised.

I had a good source confirm pre-II hold is a death sentence for most apps at UCSD.
Not all though. I was put on hold and later accepted.

I've heard that pre-II holds are less dire if you're local to San Diego, in which case it can be more of an interview standby list. In other words, they can hold people whom they would most likely want to interview but are holding as a means to fill interview spots on short notice if there are cancellations.

Gshah97

2+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
R as well

Aug 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
HOLD 12/11/19 R 2/5/20
Held out hope until the end but oh well

Jul 12, 2019
Does anyone know when the interview cycle ends for this school? Thanks in advance!

May 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know when the interview cycle ends for this school? Thanks in advance!
I’m fairly certain February 27th is the last interview date this cycle.

Reactions: dancingflagellum

perfect weather

2+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone know when financial aid information will come out? And when the 2020-2021 academic calendar will be published?

Reactions: med-donna

Hypnosis

2+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Was anyone able to sign up for a free clinic tour for 2/18 interview date?

Last edited:
About the Ads
D

deleted1005053

Does anyone remember when the program director said we would hear back from MSTP?

Mar 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Waitlisted, invite 11/14 and interview 1/31, OOS. A little disappointed but glad I still have a shot!

About the Ads
May 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
they are really keeping me on my toes! i was hoping it would be an email by the end of the week, meaning friday. oh well, nothing to do haha

CaliforniaAsian

2+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2016
For the MSTP applicants in this thread, if any of us get a call this Saturday (looking at previous years' SDN threads, they call on Saturdays), can you ask how/when the rest of us will be notified we're on the waitlist and report back? I'm assuming they don't call you to tell you that you're on the waitlist because that would be...cruel.

Hypnosis

2+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
anyone have information if there will be a social mixer for 2/18 interviewees considering the monday before is a holiday?

Jul 20, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
anyone have information if there will be a social mixer for 2/18 interviewees considering the monday before is a holiday?
Is it for regular MD or MSTP? For regular MD, mine did not have any dinner the night prior. You could have received an email to sign up for a free-clinic tour, if there is one arranged for your day.

CaliforniaAsian

2+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2016
Is it for regular MD or MSTP? For regular MD, mine did not have any dinner the night prior. You could have received an email to sign up for a free-clinic tour, if there is one arranged for your day.
MSTP is done interviewing. They only have two sessions in January.

Hypnosis

2+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
PRIME. In my initial invitation email they mentioned there would be a mixer prior to the interview date. But I haven't received any information about one since so unsure if it's still happening or not

Jul 20, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
PRIME. In my initial invitation email they mentioned there would be a mixer prior to the interview date. But I haven't received any information about one since so unsure if it's still happening or not
Oh I am sorry I do not know about PRIME. I feel like you can either call the admission office or email them and ask. They are very nice people.

Dec 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Have any other admitted students attempted to use the AMCAS "plan to enroll" tool? My UCSD acceptance doesn't show up on my list of options. Is this just me or are the UCSD acceptances not reflected on the AMCAS portal?

Med.Geek

2+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Have any other admitted students attempted to use the AMCAS "plan to enroll" tool? My UCSD acceptance doesn't show up on my list of options. Is this just me or are the UCSD acceptances not reflected on the AMCAS portal?
Mine shows. You should call up the office

blurb_123

2+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2017
Any recent interviewees remember when we'd hear back? I thought I remember hearing 2/27 or 2/28?

Reactions: Med.Geek
About the Ads