ThePieQueen

2+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I just interviewed recently. Correct me if I'm wrong but they discourage people from sending thank you notes to admissions in general, correct? I know for certain they said not to contact the faculty you interviewed with in the future. If they are open to accepting them, I would send a well-written thank you note to admissions thanking them and everyone else involved in the process for a great day overall.
recently interviewed - they included a sheet in the folder that explicitly said to not send thank you notes.

Jun 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I just interviewed recently. Correct me if I'm wrong but they discourage people from sending thank you notes to admissions in general, correct? I know for certain they said not to contact the faculty you interviewed with in the future. If they are open to accepting them, I would send a well-written thank you note to admissions thanking them and everyone else involved in the process for a great day overall.
During my interview I asked the admissions office if it was okay to just send a general thank you email to the admissions team (not the faculty interviewers) to express my thanks for the great day overall.

They said it was absolutely fine. I sent it out, and they even responded to me with good vibes.

Keep it short, keep it general, don't request to send it to faculty/student interviewers.

About the Ads
May 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know when the next wave of regular MD decisions is?

Reactions: ThePieQueen

hydrophobicmed

Membership Revoked
Removed
Nov 14, 2019
During my interview I asked the admissions office if it was okay to just send a general thank you email to the admissions team (not the faculty interviewers) to express my thanks for the great day overall.

They said it was absolutely fine. I sent it out, and they even responded to me with good vibes.

Keep it short, keep it general, don't request to send it to faculty/student interviewers.
I thought the interviewers are not allowed to get in touch with the candidates. It's for the integrity of the process. Welp.

Reactions: Premedthrowaway888
Jun 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical

I thought the interviewers are not allowed to get in touch with the candidates. It's for the integrity of the process. Welp.
No rules were violated. Thank you emails are not supposed to be sent to interviewers (student and faculty) as stated above. This was for the admissions team for coordinating the event. Asked them in person to make sure.

May 29, 2018
Does anyone who got an acceptance know what "in progress" transcript is? Is this a transcript for fall grades?

Oct 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I sent a general thank you to admissions with my course update form that they asked us to complete and a quick thank you email to the student who took us to lunch (not my interviewer). Hopefully, I didn't break any rules haha now the waiting game Dr. Wofsy told us we'd hear back by the end of feb

Reactions: CoitusInterruptus
About the Ads

Raryn

Infernal Internist / Enigmatic Endocrinologist
10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
About the Ads
May 4, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Sep 16, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
They mentioned on interview day that they don’t place a very big emphasis on interviews
Well that explains why I got WL and not out right rejected! :p

bananadonut

2+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Don't stress! During my interview day for SJV Prime they said we will not know till mid-late Feb
When I interviewed in December for sjv prime I think they said decisions would come out in late January. But maybe that's just for regular MD admissions, and sjv prime decisions will come out later after they interviewed everyone.

About the Ads
Nov 12, 2018
When I interviewed in December for sjv prime I think they said decisions would come out in late January. But maybe that's just for regular MD admissions, and sjv prime decisions will come out later after they interviewed everyone.
Late January is today!!!!

Nov 12, 2018
Interviewing on Jan 27th for SJV prime! Anyone else here interviewing for SJV Prime, and does anyone know if we are interviewing for both regular med & SJV Prime or are only being considered for prime? The process is a little confusing and it’s not clarified in the emails or status page
Isn’t it both according to the Wof?

ThePieQueen

2+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
did anyone else just basically faint on the spot with that financial aid letter that came via snail mail and had the nerve to start with "thank you for applying to UCSF...?"

• Haha
About the Ads