2019-2020 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: UCLA Geffen

Members don't see this ad.

8. Section to enter major work experiences, with 4000 char. to explain each experience.

currently pre-writing. what are they looking for with this prompt? are they not looking at the primary? how is this different from the work & activities section of the primary?

Reactions: 3 users
8. Section to enter major work experiences, with 4000 char. to explain each experience.

currently pre-writing. what are they looking for with this prompt? are they not looking at the primary? how is this different from the work & activities section of the primary?

It’s ok to repeat some information here. Do word it a little differently.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Employment history :rolleyes:

Just got the secondary. UCLA screens right? I am OOS so kinda shocked to get it this early on.

edit: questions seem to look the same as last year. lots of 500-800 character essays
+1 in state for me though

Also, it looks to be a carbon copy of last year's secondary prompt for prompt. I'll formally post them tonight if nobody else has

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the secondary. UCLA screens right? I am OOS so kinda shocked to get it this early on.

edit: questions seem to look the same as last year. lots of 500-800 character essays

+1 OOS as well!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who received secondaries, did you checkmark Regular MD, combined MD/graduate or combined MD/PhD? Thanks!

Secondary received... OOS, Regular MD. I'm guessing their screen isn't very holistic this year.

Just got a secondary but can't log into the portal! When is says to use your AAMC ID as your username, is that your ID number? Is there a number I can call to help me get into my account? Please help
Login to AMCAS, your AMCAS ID will be right there, it is different from your AMCAS login username.

No secondary, IS and regular MD. No love from holistic screens

Reactions: 3 users
+1 regular MD secondary, OOS

No secondary, regular MD, OOS. Verified on 6/3/19.

What does UCLA screen for? I just got a secondary and I don't know if I should be excited or not?!

Also: If I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, can I consider that for the section that asks about competencies?

What does UCLA screen for? I just got a secondary and I don't know if I should be excited or not?!

Traditionally it has been a "holistic" screen and that's why it took a while for them to send out secondaries.. seems like this year they're probably using stats cutoffs instead.

Traditionally it has been a "holistic" screen and that's why it took a while for them to send out secondaries.. seems like this year they're probably using stats cutoffs instead.
So... rip if I'm low stat?

Same secondary prompts for PRIME too?

I don’t think that’s trustworthy because i have a 511 MCAT

Reactions: 6 users
So... rip if I'm low stat?
They announced a sGPA/MCAT screen (3.4/512) but that information isn't actually on their website, so who knows if it's official. Seems like people are getting secondaries below those stats, anyway.

Still thinking about applying here... but figured I ask: do you guys think first gen counts as a “hardship”? Do I even need to elaborate on that lol

Still thinking about applying here... but figured I ask: do you guys think first gen counts as a “hardship”? Do I even need to elaborate on that lol
I’m a first generation too and I haven’t really talked about it because I feel a lot of people are first generation so if you have some other hardship you can talk about or if being a first generation really affected you then tell your story

I’m a first generation too and I haven’t really talked about it because I feel a lot of people are first generation so if you have some other hardship you can talk about or if being a first generation really affected you then tell your story
Only 14% of applicants are 1st gen TBH

Still some manual screening going on methinks, because I have yet to get it.

They announced a sGPA/MCAT screen (3.4/512) but that information isn't actually on their website, so who knows if it's official. Seems like people are getting secondaries below those stats, anyway.
I mean, I have a 509 MCAT so I don't know what to do.

Still some manual screening going on methinks, because I have yet to get it.

The email does say your application "has been selected for further review" but at the rate these are coming out it doesn't seem like they spent too much time looking through them. Lol.

I think first gen is the only hardship I can think of. You think it’s better to leave it blank then?

Also 509 MCAT, received secondary. 3.9 sGPA. IS
Oooh. That GPA rips mine a new one. I'm also IS. I would go so far as to say.. in region (which I've heard might be a disadvantage).

Oooh. That GPA rips mine a new one. I'm also IS. I would go so far as to say.. in region (which I've heard might be a disadvantage).
"I grew up next to your school. It sucked. love me."

Edit: Is joke. But isn't UCLA Med school in the belaire area? is that disadvantaged?

I think first gen is the only hardship I can think of. You think it’s better to leave it blank then?
No you should talk about it, but just make sure to talk about it as a real hardship and not filling up the space for the heck of it.