2019-2020 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: University of California - Irvine

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received secondary from UCSD and UCLA, nothing from UCI yet

What personal accomplishment are you most proud of and why? (1500 chars)

Please describe to the Admissions Committee a challenge you have overcome and what you learned about yourself from that experience. (1500 chars)

This essay is only for applicants that have already received their baccalaureate degree. Please clarify for the Admissions Committee your activities (school, work, and/or volunteer, travel, etc.) since receiving your undergraduate degree. You may list them in chronological order or you may incorporate them into an essay, stating why you chose particular activities. (1500 char)

@PapaGuava

What personal accomplishment are you most proud of and why? (1500 chars)

Please describe to the Admissions Committee a challenge you have overcome and what you learned about yourself from that experience. (1500 chars)

This essay is only for applicants that have already received their baccalaureate degree. Please clarify for the Admissions Committee your activities (school, work, and/or volunteer, travel, etc.) since receiving your undergraduate degree. You may list them in chronological order or you may incorporate them into an essay, stating why you chose particular activities. (1500 char)

@PapaGuava

DId you just receive the 2˚ today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have a connection to norcal? / Does Davis care about that or just that you're IS?

I received UCD and i'm IS but with no connections to Norcal.
They ask if you have a connection to Norcal in their secondaries though and I had to leave it blank :(

Do you have a connection to norcal? / Does Davis care about that or just that you're IS?
I do have a connection but not super evident from my primary! I’m pretty sure those without NorCal connections but IS are going to receive secondaries as well

Secondary received at like 2 AM last night hahaha. IS and verified 6/25!

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think it's fine if activities overlap? Like with clinical and community activities?

Secondary received! IS, verified 7/11. Have received secondaries from SD LA and Davis, but still waiting on UCSF

Received an email this morning saying that my AMCAS application was received, and that it might take until late February for them to complete a holistic review of my primary...

Was verified 6/13.

Received an email this morning saying that my AMCAS application was received, and that it might take until late February for them to complete a holistic review of my primary...

Was verified 6/13.

+1

Was verified 6/13.
WHAT that's insane.

No secondary from UCI yet for me, still waiting

I haven't received their secondary yet either (and I haven't even gotten the email saying that they received my primary). My app was only sent to schools on 7/1 but I've gotten secondaries from most schools at this point.

I know it's still early but I just graduated from UCI in June so i'm a little bummed :(

Keep in mind that character counts are WITHOUT spaces.

I haven't received their secondary yet either (and I haven't even gotten the email saying that they received my primary). My app was only sent to schools on 7/1 but I've gotten secondaries from most schools at this point.

I know it's still early but I just graduated from UCI in June so i'm a little bummed :(
you're probably just in a line like the rest of us and doesn't matter either way unfortunately :(

This is the last secondary I’m waiting for
Received all the other UC’s except riverside which I didn’t apply to

Got secondary at 2 am this morning.

For the challenge essay did y’all write about one specific instance? Or did you make it more of an adversity essay...