2019-2020 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: University of California - San Francisco

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Due to the lack of comments here, I'm assuming they haven't sent out secondaries yet?

Due to the lack of comments here, I'm assuming they haven't sent out secondaries yet?

Nope, I've been getting most of mine in the early waves as well.

Anyone know what their screen is?

Nope, I've been getting most of mine in the early waves as well.

Anyone know what their screen is?

Pretty sure they do a thorough holistic review of apps. I dont think there are stats cutoffs.

Due to the "holistic" screen I figure it'll be late July

I haven't received all my letters of rec yet. Do you guys know if LOR's are part of the holistic screen?

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received!!

Reactions: 3 users
1. Applicants are interviewed by invitation only. Please note that we do not conduct regional interviews. Interviews are scheduled from September to February (days vary). Please let us know if you will be out of the country during the interview season. (300 words)

2. If you wish to update or expand upon your activities, you may provide additional information below. (500 words)

3. If you are 2019 or earlier college graduate, please use the space below to tell us what you have done since completing your undergraduate degree. (350 words)

Reactions: 10 users
secondary received! good luck everyone ~

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone out of state gotten a secondary?

I got one too! Omg I thought I would have no chance.

Reactions: 2 users
For the question: "If you are 2019 or earlier college graduate, please use the space below to tell us what you have done since completing your undergraduate degree. (350 words)"

Can I answer this question if I am graduating in December 2019 (and having a gap semester before medical school)?

For the question: "If you are 2019 or earlier college graduate, please use the space below to tell us what you have done since completing your undergraduate degree. (350 words)"

Can I answer this question if I am graduating in December 2019 (and having a gap semester before medical school)?
Yes

Anyone writing anything on the “expand on or update your activities”?

I went into a bit more detail on how my courses and volunteering prepared me for a medical career

Reactions: 2 users
For the people who have already received a secondary: did anyone not have all their letters or rec in yet?

Secondary received! OOS. I was getting worried.

Secondary received. OOS, LM 74.

MSTP:
Please describe your most recent research project, its importance and how it captured your interest. (500 words)
Please list publications, honors and presentations resulting from your research experiences. (500 words)
Please briefly describe your reasons for applying to the UCSF MSTP. (250 words)

Please check the program(s) you are interested in: (checklist)
Please select 6 faculty with whom you would like to meet if selected for an interview (dropdown list, you can pick up to 10)
Enter research experiences in the form below, then click the "Add New" button to save the experience. At least one experience needs to be entered for the page to be completed.

anyone know if you apply to the MD/PRIME program and don't get accepted are you automatically considered for only MD? - thanks!

MSTP:
Please describe your most recent research project, its importance and how it captured your interest. (500 words)
Please list publications, honors and presentations resulting from your research experiences. (500 words)
Please briefly describe your reasons for applying to the UCSF MSTP. (250 words)

Please check the program(s) you are interested in: (checklist)
Please select 6 faculty with whom you would like to meet if selected for an interview (dropdown list, you can pick up to 10)
Enter research experiences in the form below, then click the "Add New" button to save the experience. At least one experience needs to be entered for the page to be completed.

For MSTP, are the MD prompts also included (elaborate on an activity)? Or does the recent research project essentially cover that?

Edit: for future reference, yes, this prompt is included for MSTP.

Last edited: