2019-2020 Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: University of Kentucky

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a heads up, the secondary prompts are the same but the character counts are lower than what they have previously been!

Still waiting on a secondary, MD/PhD OOS

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you need your letters of rec to get a secondary?
You don’t need letters of rec to receive the secondary but you do need them for your application to be “complete” and thus be able to get an interview! They will not look at it until it’s complete.

None here either. Starting to wonder if they may be having systems issues.

Just received the following email

"Good afternoon,
The University of Kentucky College of Medicine acknowledges receiving your application from the American Medical College Application Service.
As a state school, the University of Kentucky College of Medicine accepts primarily Kentucky residents. If you have a clear and strong tie to the Commonwealth of Kentucky, you should inform the Admissions Office in writing immediately at [email protected].

Applicants given further consideration will receive e-mail instructions requesting completion of a secondary application. Thank you for your interest in the University of Kentucky College of Medicine."

Reactions: 1 users

"Good afternoon,
The University of Kentucky College of Medicine acknowledges receiving your application from the American Medical College Application Service.
As a state school, the University of Kentucky College of Medicine accepts primarily Kentucky residents. If you have a clear and strong tie to the Commonwealth of Kentucky, you should inform the Admissions Office in writing immediately at [email protected].

Applicants given further consideration will receive e-mail instructions requesting completion of a secondary application. Thank you for your interest in the University of Kentucky College of Medicine."

+1

"Good afternoon,

same. OOS MD/PhD.

Would it be okay to email them and just explain our ties in the text of the email? Or are pdf/word attachments preferred for things like this?

Would it be okay to email them and just explain our ties in the text of the email? Or are pdf/word attachments preferred for things like this?

I think an email would suffice. Wondering whether MD/PhD should wait it out or email as well?

OOS. Primary application sent in on 7/21. Just received the secondary invite this morning! I was born in Kentucky and my dad completed his internal medicine residency at this school, so I have some ties to the state for any OOS people that are wondering.

IS. Sent primary in 7/16, still nothing. LizzyM 75, don't think I got pre-screened.

I got an invite for an interview today. I'm not early decision.
I submitted my primary late May, got my secondary application early last week and submitted it the end of last week.

Has anyone gotten a response after sending an email explaining ties to the state?

I got an invite for an interview today. I'm not early decision.
I submitted my primary late May, got my secondary application early last week and submitted it the end of last week.
Do you mind saying which campus? Good luck!

I think an email would suffice. Wondering whether MD/PhD should wait it out or email as well?

Did you end up sending an email? I'm also md/phd and havent received a secondary yet after that initial email we received.

Did you end up sending an email? I'm also md/phd and havent received a secondary yet after that initial email we received.
lmao not yet...
I went back to last-year's thread and apparently some people got that email, and later also received secondaries without doing anything. Couldn't tell if they were MD/PhD tho...

Do you mind saying which campus? Good luck!

I specified my interest in attending at their Lexington main campus and the interview options for me were all at the Lexington campus.
Also, thank you!

Did anyone who is a Kentucky resident complete the optional essays required for out-of-state applicants?
Good luck to everyone!

Did anyone who is a Kentucky resident complete the optional essays required for out-of-state applicants?
Good luck to everyone!
No. As far as I understand, you should only complete the optional essays if you are OOS.

Secondary received and submitted today! :) Good luck to everyone!

No. As far as I understand, you should only complete the optional essays if you are OOS.
I’m IS, and I did all of them. My KY ties essay was pretty brief but I used it to explain the different places in Ky that I lived in and how my family still lives here and all that jazz. Definitely not required to do but not going to hurt either!

I’m IS, and I did all of them. My KY ties essay was pretty brief but I used it to explain the different places in Ky that I lived in and how my family still lives here and all that jazz. Definitely not required to do but not going to hurt either!

When did you submit your primary if I may ask? I am an IS applicant and was approved 7/17. I have not gotten any emails whatsoever from them. Should I have gotten a primary application approval email? I am confused why a OOS 7/21 got their secondary already and I haven't. Do you think I should call?

Should we receive a "complete" email after submitting the secondary and $50 fee?

When did you submit your primary if I may ask? I am an IS applicant and was approved 7/17. I have not gotten any emails whatsoever from them. Should I have gotten a primary application approval email? I am confused why a OOS 7/21 got their secondary already and I haven't. Do you think I should call?
I would definitely call as all IS is guaranteed a secondary I believe (I could be wrong so don’t quote me). Also I submitted my primary within the first week and submitted my secondary the first day I could! But yes, 100% call them because they have been having problems with some people not receiving secondaries in the past!

Anyone IS still not getting a secondary? I was verified on July 19th.

Good lord, this secondary is long (especially for OOS students). Best of luck to everyone!

;/ Still waiting on the secondary. MD/PhD, OOS.