2019-2020 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We send out interviews until mid March but you still want to get it in as early as possible. FWIW, I had never interacted with a DO before applying to UNE, so it’s not an absolute necessity if the other parts of your application are in order.

Did you not have DO shadowing or a letter before applying? Did you eventually get it?

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

There isn't a secondary. Just an email with a link to pay $55. Did you get that yet? I got mine same day.

I did not get that yet. I have a DO LOR, fulfilled all course requirements, and should be complete. I'll email them today to see if something happened!

Hi everyone,
Did anybody attend the UNECOM open house? I signed up for the August 9th date on Sunday, and gave them my email address. They did not RSVP with more information. Should I call/email?Does that mean they are out of seats?I double checked to make sure I entered my email correctly. I even added my phone number so one of them should have gotten something?

Thanks,
mwsapphire

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
Did anybody attend the UNECOM open house? I signed up for the August 9th date on Sunday, and gave them my email address. They did not RSVP with more information. Should I call/email?Does that mean they are out of seats?I double checked to make sure I entered my email correctly. I even added my phone number so one of them should have gotten something?

Thanks,
mwsapphire

I signed up twice before the deadline and didn't receive an email or text. I'm guessing they'll send it out after July 31

Anyone heard from them yet about possible interview invite? I heard that UNE doesn’t send out II until the first week of August..can’t wait!!

Reactions: 1 user
just submitted my secondary payment! good luck everyone hope we hear something soon!

Any current/past UNECOM students participate in international rotations that can speak on their experience? I'm a naturalized citizen (unfortunately, my birth country does not recognize the degree) and the possibility mission trips/international rotations are appealing to me.

Still no email! How about you?
Oh! I got mine almost right after I wrote that....sorry, I forgot to update! Lemme check....I got it Aug 1st. I can PM you the address so you can ask what's up?

Guys,
I'm about to submit ACOMAS while leaving the LOR section basically " blank" as in not having generated a letter request form. My committee will make my committee letter after I get my MCAT score back next week. For AMCAS, they are clear that you can submit for verification without adding anything in the letters section. For ACOMAS, will I be able to generate a "letter request form" after I submit? Or does the request have to be generated before submission ( again, ACOMAS manual is not clear about this). Please help a neurotic girl out.

I would email ACOMAS, but I'm worried it'd come across as too neurotic ( like, they make think it clearly says you can submit w/o generating requests, even if it doesn't seem clear to me).
Thanks,
mwsapphire

Edit: For the essays that basically asks " Why UNECOM", can I talk about wanting to stay close to my home in MA, be closet o my family as famil is very important to me, and enjoying the Biddeford area and the campus ? I'm attending the open house so I should have more to talk about when it comes to meeting with alumni/faculty/students, but for the initial part of that question are those good answers?

Last edited:
Guys,
I'm about to submit ACOMAS while leaving the LOR section basically " blank" as in not having generated a letter request form. My committee will make my committee letter after I get my MCAT score back next week. For AMCAS, they are clear that you can submit for verification without adding anything in the letters section. For ACOMAS, will I be able to generate a "letter request form" after I submit? Or does the request have to be generated before submission ( again, ACOMAS manual is not clear about this). Please help a neurotic girl out.

I would email ACOMAS, but I'm worried it'd come across as too neurotic ( like, they make think it clearly says you can submit w/o generating requests, even if it doesn't seem clear to me).
Thanks,
mwsapphire

Edit: For the essays that basically asks " Why UNECOM", can I talk about wanting to stay close to my home in MA, be closet o my family as famil is very important to me, and enjoying the Biddeford area and the campus ? I'm attending the open house so I should have more to talk about when it comes to meeting with alumni/faculty/students, but for the initial part of that question are those good answers?

Yes, you will be able to generate a "letter request form" after you submit on AACOMAS.

For the essays, please be aware that it is your only chance at a supplemental/secondary. After submission, they send you an email to pay the secondary fee or that your secondary fee has been waived. So give it your all!

Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, you will be able to generate a "letter request form" after you submit on AACOMAS.

For the essays, please be aware that it is your only chance at a supplemental/secondary. After submission, they send you an email to pay the secondary fee or that your secondary fee has been waived. So give it your all!

Hope this helps!
Thank you.

Oh ofc. I will take my time on the secondary. I'm just submitting primary to a throwaway for verification. then once I get my score back, I'll add in UNECOM and my school specific question essay ( I know its embedded in ACOMAS). Im actually attending the open house so I can say more about meeting the students/faculty/alumni, etc. But to started off " Why UNECOM" i was wondering if saying I wanna be close to home is valid, or lame.

Thank you.

Oh ofc. I will take my time on the secondary. I'm just submitting primary to a throwaway for verification. then once I get my score back, I'll add in UNECOM and my school specific question essay ( I know its embedded in ACOMAS). Im actually attending the open house so I can say more about meeting the students/faculty/alumni, etc. But to started off " Why UNECOM" i was wondering if saying I wanna be close to home is valid, or lame.

It is definitely valid (and NOT lame). A lot of individuals know the importance of a support system/family. Sometimes it even helps your case because they know you have someone/somewhere to go to if you hit your lowest ;)

• Love
Is it too late to submit primary here? It’s already verified, was just waiting for my hours. Asking because I’m not a NE kid tho I am East Coast

Also, should I wait for my DO LOR to add to my primary or submit now? I have an MD one currently but will get the DO one by next week

Thanks for any help!

Is it too late to submit primary here? It’s already verified, was just waiting for my hours. Asking because I’m not a NE kid tho I am East Coast

Also, should I wait for my DO LOR to add to my primary or submit now? I have an MD one currently but will get the DO one by next week

Thanks for any help!
It is still wayyyy early in the DO cycle. You are good.

Anyone know when UNE starts sending out interviews?

I thought UNECOM filled their class earlier?
They do, but not that much earlier. Its still so early in the DO cycle that you're fine, at the least. Someone else can chime in, but its like, so early that you cant possibly be late even if UNECOM has a different timeline. Think of it this way- being complete by labor day is the goal for MD programs, UNECOM can't be stricter than that.

Hi everyone,
I'm doing to the Friday, Aug 9th Open House. I submitted ACOMAS for verification but have not submitted to UNECOM yet, my MCAT score is coming back next week. What should I bring to the Open House? Just myself and my parking pass? Or should I bring something else with me?

Also, when we're invited to email the representative our questions, can I ask about housing option in Biddeford, or would that seem premature bc I haven't even applied yet?

Thanks,
mwsapphire

If you're also going to the Aug 9th Open House, drop a like? I wanna know how many SDN'ers are gonna be there....just outta curiosity.

Just thought I’d throw this out there for dum dums like me. Accidentally forgot to mark one of my prereqs and got an email saying I was screened out because I didn’t satisfy the requirement (my fault, not theirs). I emailed them if it could be reviewed/fixed retroactively and it was fixed within a day and I got the secondary email thing. Moral of the story, the people at admissions are rock stars and on the ball, I’m an idiot, and make sure you’re checking prereqs!

II just now!!
They already picked a date for me though.

II about 2h ago, yay!!! International student, MCAT 507, gpa 3.76. Live in MD and complete on 7/30. So fast!!

Last edited:
I got mine too!!!! So excited!!!!

Hey y’all, OMS-III at UNE COM and former student interviewer. Please let me know if you have questions about the school and the application process!
which aspects of UNECOM do you love and why?

UNE sent an email a long time ago saying my application was ready to be reviewed for an interview invite. I might have listed the course as in process even though I'm taking it this Fall. Does anyone know if they will look at my application before I take the course since they already emailed me that my application was ready for review?

Does anyone want to share how they approached the first and third secondary essay? They seems very similar and I'm not sure what to include in the each and how to answer them differently.

Does anyone want to share how they approached the first and third secondary essay? They seems very similar and I'm not sure what to include in the each and how to answer them differently.
I have the same problem, they are literally the same why UNECOM -_-

I have the same problem, they are literally the same why UNECOM -_-

I interpreted the first question as it pertains to the educational interests, and third question more related to the school mission/values/how I align/other interests (the area, city, proximity to other places, etc.).

OMS-I here, so just went through the process! Feel free to DM me if you have questions!

Hey everyone

I’m about to send a primary to this school but I do not have a DO or an MD letter. Does UNECOM require a letter from a physician or just three letters? Also how long should it take to get the supplemental fee in my email?

Thanks!

they need to stop this spam email BS..... why are they doing this.

Reactions: 3 users
Is the recruitment email a generic letter everyone gets?