Sep 23, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Interviewed 11/2 and got waitlisted this afternoon. Clinging to hope cause of that guy a little further up who said he got accepted recently after being on the waitlist for a week
I’m a girl hahah but I’ll be denying my acceptance sometime next week so maybe my spot will go to you! No doubt the waitlist has fast movement

Reactions: glini22e and Rd1546
About the Ads

Oorham

2+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Any Canadians applying here? Is it worth it to pay $200+ for WES?
Does it actually cost $200+? I wanted to submit my app ( I know it's very late), but I just read about this requirement and I don't know if it's worth applying here. How long does it take to receive the evaluation?

Jul 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does it actually cost $200+? I wanted to submit my app ( I know it's very late), but I just read about this requirement and I don't know if it's worth applying here. How long does it take to receive the evaluation?
Yes very expensive and I think it took a couple of months.... completely unimpressed and not sure if it was worth it. Pm me if you are interested in the details but it felt like a money grab. Not sure why none of the other med schools I applied to required it

Feb 20, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Did you use the databank?
Not sure what the data bank is. I just went to the sdn interview feedback section and reviewed many of those questions and how i would answer them over a few hours the day before and morning of my interview!

Rd1546

2+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2017
Can any current First years comment on what a typical schedule is like? Do you find that you spend all day on campus most days?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

About the Ads

mwsapphire

-_-"
2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
So, is the consensus that if you haven't gotten an II by now, even if you do get one, you're going on the WL? I have been complete for 2 mo. and have not heard anything- should I consider an acceptance from this place impossible.

mwsapphire

-_-"
2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Same boat, but I was complete in July
But it seems so early for the class to be filled though ( especially since this is DO). So is that really true? Thats the thing that's bugging me.

Jul 24, 2019
Does anyone know anything about AACOMAS academic updates/sending updates to UNE? I applied here in August but I am graduating this semester and am talking analytical Chem right now. This is a requirement at this school and I don’t think they will look at my application until I update my academics.

mwsapphire

-_-"
2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know anything about AACOMAS academic updates/sending updates to UNE? I applied here in August but I am graduating this semester and am talking analytical Chem right now. This is a requirement at this school and I don’t think they will look at my application until I update my academics.
Wait, what? Do you need analytical chem for UNECOM?
Or is this how you're fulfilling you're " two semester inorganic chem" requirment?
They accept updates in Jan, ACOMAS update time ranges are different. I would update them with both, update ACOMAS and send an update to UNECOM.

Jul 24, 2019
Wait, what? Do you need analytical chem for UNECOM?
Or is this how you're fulfilling you're " two semester inorganic chem" requirment?
They accept updates in Jan, ACOMAS update time ranges are different. I would update them with both, update ACOMAS and send an update to UNECOM.
Two semesters of inorganic chem (gen chem 1 and analytical)

Reactions: mwsapphire
Sep 25, 2019
Status
Medical Student
So, is the consensus that if you haven't gotten an II by now, even if you do get one, you're going on the WL? I have been complete for 2 mo. and have not heard anything- should I consider an acceptance from this place impossible.
I believe the class is nearly full, if not full already. UNE had many interview dates In the Fall (including some large Saturday groups this year) and historically, UNE tends to fill the class by December. In the Spring, there are normally fewer acceptances and more waitlists. They say starting in the Spring, if you get waitlisted, it's because they wanted to accept you but there was just no more space in the class, unless someone withdraws their acceptance.

mwsapphire

-_-"
2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I believe the class is nearly full, if not full already. UNE had many interview dates In the Fall (including some large Saturday groups this year) and historically, UNE tends to fill the class by December. In the Spring, there are normally fewer acceptances and more waitlists. They say starting in the Spring, if you get waitlisted, it's because they wanted to accept you but there was just no more space in the class, unless someone withdraws their acceptance.
Totally full seems a little too fast ( don't school always hold off a few spots in case someone they like comes along in the spring). I was complete 9/30, I wish this school was more transparent and did hard R's up front like the MDs on my list.

May 30, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
This was discouraging. Oh well

Jul 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Right, so basically if I was complete in early July and have had nothing but radio silence, I should just assume that I have no chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mwsapphire

mwsapphire

-_-"
2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Right, so basically if I was complete in early July and have had nothing but radio silence, I should just assume that I have no chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, unless someone gets another A at forfeits their A.

Sep 25, 2019
Status
Medical Student
I'm sorry, but don't be discouraged! There can still be a lot of movement and, especially since it's so early in the cycle, there will still be plenty of switching and moving around. And like someone mentioned, they definitely keep some open spots in case they want to accept applicants in the spring. I would reach out to the school directly for more clarity and transparency- the admissions staff is great and they truly care. I'm sure they can give you some information about how things are moving along and you can express your continuing interest as well. Feel free to send me a message if you guys have any specific questions about the school. We're heading into exams now so I may not check this as often, but I'll try to check and answer as much as I can!

About the Ads