2019-2020 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All my app was finished on 6/14, but my status still says recieved. Do they not review them in the order received? This is my top school and I have pretty competitive stats for it. Just thought it was weird my didn't at least say reviewed yet.

Not uncommon. I know someone who had something like a 512/3.6 with solid ECs that did not interview until December last cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

II this morning! Completed secondary 7/15. Completed primary 7/16.

Reactions: 2 users
Not uncommon. I know someone who had something like a 512/3.6 with solid ECs that did not interview until December last cycle.
Well I guess I'll just keep waiting. I just thought the status would at least have changed to reviewed. I have solid ECs lower MCAT score at 504, but a 3.82 cGPA. So we'll see I guess. I just got my first interview notice to UT Galveston recentlyl.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well I guess I'll just keep waiting. I just thought the status would at least have changed to reviewed. I have solid ECs lower MCAT score at 504, but a 3.82 cGPA. So we'll see I guess. I just got my first interview notice to UT Galveston recentlyl.
Okay so i posted this this morning. Checked this afternoon. Got invited to an interview. Odd how I was invited on the day I got super stressed about it.

Good morning everyone! Everything for UNTHSC was completed for me 5/23/2019, but my status still hasn't changed to reviewed or interview invite. Do you think I should be worried and call the admissions office? I don't want to bother them as I know they are receiving a lot more applications this year. However, it's nearing the end of July and I'm getting nervous :(.

I'm IS and have the following stats: 504 MCAT, 3.34 uGPA, 4.0 GPA in a biomedical sciences program and ECs mainly working with underserved populations. Thank y'all.

Good morning everyone! Everything for UNTHSC was completed for me 5/23/2019, but my status still hasn't changed to reviewed or interview invite. Do you think I should be worried and call the admissions office? I don't want to bother them as I know they are receiving a lot more applications this year. However, it's nearing the end of July and I'm getting nervous :(.

I'm IS and have the following stats: 504 MCAT, 3.34 uGPA, 4.0 GPA in a biomedical sciences program and ECs mainly working with underserved populations. Thank y'all.

Calling the office won’t help.

Either you’ll get an interview or you won’t, independent of whether or not you call them. You can only hurt yourself by calling.

(not that calling is inherently bad, but nothing good will come from it)

Radio silence on my end in terms of an II. 512 MCAT, 3.8 sGPA, non-trad, IS, transmitted late May. Thinking I may have been passed up seeing that people who transmitted much later than me have received IIs. Does anyone know how often/if they re-review applicants they passed up?

Radio silence on my end in terms of an II. 512 MCAT, 3.8 sGPA, non-trad, IS, transmitted late May. Thinking I may have been passed up seeing that people who transmitted much later than me have received IIs. Does anyone know how often/if they re-review applicants they passed up?
At the open house they mentioned they continuously re-review applications to decide on interview invites. So the earlier you apply the more opportunities you get the be looked at again.

Reactions: 1 users
At the open house they mentioned they continuously re-review applications to decide on interview invites. So the earlier you apply the more opportunities you get the be looked at again.
And to add on to that, they said that you are always in consideration until you receive the R.

Is there a secondary app fee? If so, I dont see where to pay it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Calling the office won’t help.

Either you’ll get an interview or you won’t, independent of whether or not you call them. You can only hurt yourself by calling.

(not that calling is inherently bad, but nothing good will come from it)

Okay, I'll just hurry up and wait then haha. Thank you!

II this morning. Primary completed 5/7. Secondary completed 5/14. LizzyM 68.8.

So I submitted my secondary a month ago or so, and it’s still on my to do list and my app says received but not reviewed. Is this normal or should I contact them??

Just saw an II in my portal!
510 MCAT
3.46 GPA
IS applicant. Haven't received the II email yet, awaiting that to see dates.

Reactions: 4 users
Can anyone tell me if this matters? I noted on my secondary that I had a letter from a DO coming in. It hasn't been delivered to them yet (reached out to the letter writer again today). My portal says my secondary has been received, but not reviewed or anything like that. Is this added letter preventing my app from being reviewed or considered for an interview? I reached out to TCOM and asked, and they said because my app was complete and I met all LOR requirements already, it would not affect reviewing status, but I'm starting to get nervous.

Can anyone tell me if this matters? I noted on my secondary that I had a letter from a DO coming in. It hasn't been delivered to them yet (reached out to the letter writer again today). My portal says my secondary has been received, but not reviewed or anything like that. Is this added letter preventing my app from being reviewed or considered for an interview? I reached out to TCOM and asked, and they said because my app was complete and I met all LOR requirements already, it would not affect reviewing status, but I'm starting to get nervous.
You heard it from them directly, so it's OK.
TCOM directions say they "encourage" you to get a letter from a DO who knows you well, not that they "require" it.

Just saw an II in my portal!
510 MCAT
3.46 GPA
IS applicant. Haven't received the II email yet, awaiting that to see dates.

I received my email for an II yesterday, and the only option I was given was for September 6. All earlier dates were filled and they didn't give me any options for any later dates, so prepare for that unless they have opened up later dates since yesterday. Congrats btw! Maybe I'll see you there haha.

I never submitted a letter from a DO and I still received an interview. If they said that it doesn't really matter because you have met all the other requirements then I wouldn't worry too much about it. I know the worst thing I can say during this time is to be patient haha, but that's really all you can do at this point.

I received my email for an II yesterday, and the only option I was given was for September 6. All earlier dates were filled and they didn't give me any options for any later dates, so prepare for that unless they have opened up later dates since yesterday. Congrats btw! Maybe I'll see you there haha.
I just got the email, they only had September 6th and September 10th available. They must've just opened up the 10th. Congrats to you too!

II this morning! Available dates were 9/6 and 9/10.
IS and UNT MS in Medical Science '19

Got an II three days ago (7/24)! Submitted secondary on 7/2

Anybody have an idea what the post II acceptance rate here is?

Anybody have an idea what the post II acceptance rate here is?

From TCOM's website, for Fall 2018
715 interviews conducted, 465 acceptances

Fall 2017
636 interviews conducted, 449 acceptances

The class size is 230 so that means not everyone who got an acceptance accepted

Reactions: 3 users
From the open house

They will be interviewing around 800 this year

Offer 460 acceptances (double class size)
90% or greater to TX residents

They see about 37-50 waitlist spots open up every cycle

primary transmitted 6/28, secondary completed 7/11, interview invite received today for September

Transmitted 5/15, secondary 5/30, LORs in 6/21. LM 75 but still waiting for an interview. Anyone in a similar boat?

Reactions: 8 users
Patiently waiting , Transmitted 5/29, Secondary 6/17, Lor's 06/30 LM 70

Reactions: 4 users
II today, OOS. Secondary submitted 7/31

II!! Completed 8/2! LM ~67

For those who received IIs today: If you indicated you would submit an additional DO or MD letter on the secondary, has that been submitted yet?

I'm IS and was completed 7/26 but have not received a II yet while others completed later are. Is that a bad sign? I live 5 minutes away from this school, it's my #1!

I'm IS and was completed 7/26 but have not received a II yet while others completed later are. Is that a bad sign? I live 5 minutes away from this school, it's my #1!
no, I received an interview invite a couple days ago but there were some people who submitted after but got an interview invite before me! i think they just have a certain system

If I attended a Carribean medical school 2017 but withdrew without any penalties or without receiving any grades, should I call and ask if they want a transcript from the school anyway? I did mention my experience at the Carribean medical school in my primary and secondary applications, but I am wondering if they wanted more proof. Thank you all.

The email they sent out a few hours ago gave me false hope for a second that I received an II

"TCOM Admissions to Participate in AACOM Virtual Fair-August 13"

Reactions: 6 users
Those of you who interviewed already, were you given a piece of paper to jot down some talking points in the 2 minutes? Also do the interviewees have access to your whole application or only PS and ECs?

Transmitted 5/15, secondary 5/30, LORs in 6/21. LM 75 but still waiting for an interview. Anyone in a similar boat?

Any updates? Perhaps protecting yield (if they don't see you as a likely matriculant not sure how it all works exactly)