2019-2020 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone pre-matched here yet?
yes look at this thread, entries between 10/15 and 11/15

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What are the chances for an interview this late in the game? Slim to none?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are the chances for an interview this late in the game? Slim to none?
I think they said they'll interview all the way to January on my interview day. So I expect one more wave of IIs. I assume they'll send out 1 more wave of prematch early December like last year, where some will reject because they got prematch elsewhere, before sending the IIs for January around mid December.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
I think they said they'll interview all the way to January on my interview day. So I expect one more wave of IIs. I assume they'll send out 1 more wave of prematch early December like last year, where some will reject because they got prematch elsewhere, before sending the IIs for January around mid December.

What was your MCAT out of curiosity?

any MMI interview advice for TCOM?
I honestly really enjoyed the MMI interviews here! I was really nervous going in, but the questions were actually kinda fun and my interviewers seemed kind! Everyone's going to be nervous going in, but please take a deep breath before you get started and try to relax because it is honestly enjoyable. Good luck on everything during your interview day!

any MMI interview advice for TCOM?
Almost all MMIs have some of the interviewers give you a hard time. They are meant to act that way. Just remain professional.

I honestly really enjoyed the MMI interviews here! I was really nervous going in, but the questions were actually kinda fun and my interviewers seemed kind! Everyone's going to be nervous going in, but please take a deep breath before you get started and try to relax because it is honestly enjoyable. Good luck on everything during your interview day!

+1. Fantastic interview experience here.

Has anyone from the interviews from the beginning of November heard back yet?

Has anyone from the interviews from the beginning of November heard back yet?
@sammyjojo Nothing yet! I'm hoping we hear *something* this week.

I'm not sure about last cycle, but two cycles prior, I believe the last prematch offers were made in the middle of the second week of December (the 11th if I recall correctly.) The school will be closed from December 14th to January 5th, so I believe it would be reasonable to see a similar timeline!

I'm not sure about last cycle, but two cycles prior, I believe the last prematch offers were made in the middle of the second week of December (the 11th if I recall correctly.) The school will be closed from December 14th to January 5th, so I believe it would be reasonable to see a similar timeline!
From SDN last cycle, first prematch offers began Dec 6 for anyone who didn't get one before and last one was on Dec 19. On my interview day, they told us that prematch can be offered all the way up to Dec 20 with a slight chance of some offers being sent Dec 24 (as a Christmas present).

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If I did not get an interview by now do I need to worry about it :thinking:

Prematched today! Interviewed 10/24. Also, I had a question. Does accepting a prematch, hinder your chances of acceptance at another school you rank higher?

Reactions: 4 users
Same! Interviewed 11/5. Absolutely loved the interview and the school. So excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Prematched today! Interviewed 10/24. Also, I had a question. Does accepting a prematch, hinder your chances of acceptance at another school you rank higher?
You may accept all prematch offers without risking a thing. Remember you can only rank schools where you have interviewed, but if you have some other schools you like better you may rank them above TCOM. If you don't match to one of those, you have not lost your TCOM spot.

Does anyone know the percentage of prematches? Because reading all the prematches on sdn is making very anxious. Makes me feel like everyone is getting prematched

Does anyone know the percentage of prematches? Because reading all the prematches on sdn is making very anxious. Makes me feel like everyone is getting prematched
Don’t fret because
a) you can match with no prematches
b) People with multiple prematches can only match at one, freeing up spots for matches, or waitlist offers later

Prematched today! Interviewed 10/8

Prematched today! Interviewed 10/29

Does anyone know when TCOM starts next summer?

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone from 11/1 or later gotten a prematch yet?? I'm trying not to freak out but I've been checking my email a LOT.

Has anyone from 11/1 or later gotten a prematch yet?? I'm trying not to freak out but I've been checking my email a LOT.
I interviewed that week and still haven't heard back. I keep checking my portal as well, even though it's possible I won't hear back for months (match day) :I

Pillsburysound5 interviewed 11/5 and got a prematch.

Reactions: 2 users
You may accept all prematch offers without risking a thing. Remember you can only rank schools where you have interviewed, but if you have some other schools you like better you may rank them above TCOM. If you don't match to one of those, you have not lost your TCOM spot.
THank you so much!! Still really excited to have gotten an offer at all :)

Pre-Matched today! Interviewed end of September.

Reactions: 7 users
Pre-matched today! :) Woke up from a nap and saw the e-mail! Interviewed beginning of November.

I interviewed 12/3. It would make my day if they did one more round of prematch before Christmas. Not counting on it, but who knows, maybe Christmas miracles do happen!

So I was interviewed on Nov 5th. Does this mean I didn't prematch and gotta wait until February?

So I was interviewed on Nov 5th. Does this mean I didn't prematch and gotta wait until February?

Maybe they might do like one more because it seemed like some people got prematched recently a week apart? But i'm not too sure :( ugh i really wanted a prematch from here

Hey y'all, the prematch offers seem to be very sporadic. I interviewed on the 5th, and people who interviewed both later and earlier than I heard back the same day as me. Really not sure what their system is, but know even if you don't get a pre-match offer, there's matchday! And TCOM has had significant waitlist movement in years past as well. At the end of the day, it won't matter if you got in October, December, or March!

Also, I did send a brief thank you note after my interview. Not sure how much it helped, but the response did seem appreciative!

Hope to see all of you in the fall :)

Congrats to everyone who has rematched so far, can't wait to start school will y'all in Fall 2020 =)

I was hoping to hear something before the holiday week starts next week (UNT calendar says they're off starting the 23rd) but I suppose not. :shrug:

Happy holidays to everyone still waiting to hear back.

edit: I interviewed mid-November.

Last edited:
I was hoping to hear something before the holiday week starts next week (UNT calendar says they're off starting the 23rd) but I suppose not. :shrug:

Yeah when I called they said that they are done with giving out interviews, but weren’t clear on acceptances

Yeah when I called they said that they are done with giving out interviews, but weren’t clear on acceptances

I interviewed mid November and was hoping to get a prematch before Christmas, if at all.

edit: I interviewed mid-November.

Today was the last day for most UNTHSC personnel; they closed early today in anticipation of the holidays.

Dr. Kennedy sending the email about the military match starting “I just want to start...” about made me jump out of my chair just now.

Reactions: 6 users
For those that have pre-matched, are you ranking TCOM as your #1 choice?
Yes because TCOM is the only school I applied to! (Specific circumstances that make me prefer to live in the DFW area over choosing other schools)