2019-2020 University of South Carolina - Greenville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I totally agree about the MMI! Did they say how many spots were available?
Unfortunately no they didn't :( I'm staying hopeful though! With a month to wait (and results probably coming out during a lot of our spring breaks...) I have no choice but just stay positive and hope for the best!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can I ask what you did to study/ beat CARS? All my other sections I've been able to improve but my CARS still is a 124 at best.

Sure! I don't know how helpful I will be tho - I spent the first 14 years of my life solely reading for fun so CARS was okay for me. I ended up incorporating 2 CARS passages a day into my daily schedule & now I know a bunch of random facts lol. During the test itself for CARS (and really the whole MCAT), I jumped around sections a lot. I did several "passes" through and on my first pass, I only answered questions that I was 100% certain about and if I didn't know the answer in the first like 30 seconds, I just let it go. I feel like that was helpful to prevent me from spending too much time on questions that I would miss anyway. 2nd pass was for questions that I could narrow down to 2 answer choices, and 3rd pass was for the guesses. I used the highlighter and flag tools a ton. Some ppl recommend skimming the questions before reading the passage. I didn't personally do that but I can see how it would help

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Sure! I don't know how helpful I will be tho - I spent the first 14 years of my life solely reading for fun so CARS was okay for me. I ended up incorporating 2 CARS passages a day into my daily schedule & now I know a bunch of random facts lol. During the test itself for CARS (and really the whole MCAT), I jumped around sections a lot. I did several "passes" through and on my first pass, I only answered questions that I was 100% certain about and if I didn't know the answer in the first like 30 seconds, I just let it go. I feel like that was helpful to prevent me from spending too much time on questions that I would miss anyway. 2nd pass was for questions that I could narrow down to 2 answer choices, and 3rd pass was for the guesses. I used the highlighter and flag tools a ton. Some ppl recommend skimming the questions before reading the passage. I didn't personally do that but I can see how it would help
Thank you so much. This does genuinely help!

Friend got II this week. It’s not over til the fat lady sings yall

Members don't see this ad :)
Long time reader, first time replier:
I am an OOS student, I interviewed at USCG back in October, but I was given a continue to evaluate response back then. We'll see what happens next month.

I am surprised they are interviewing so many towards the end of the cycle. I wonder if they are trying to develop the waitlist. I wonder how many actual spots they have open.

I am surprised they are interviewing so many towards the end of the cycle. I wonder if they are trying to develop the waitlist. I wonder how many actual spots they have open.
It's interesting. I interviewed early January and as far as I know nobody has heard anything yet.

IS or OOS?

Sorry I meant to include that, IS. and they only gave me the option for 1 date but said to reach out ASAP if that day didn’t work. Also, I know someone who had an interview today so they must be still fairly active with interviews!
can anyone shed some light on unexpected questions or scenarios during the mmi you weren’t prepared for?

Does anyone know if they are still interviewing OOS applicants?

Reactions: 2 users
Long time reader, first time replier:
I am an OOS student, I interviewed at USCG back in October, but I was given a continue to evaluate response back then. We'll see what happens next month.
Same here, I was put in med school purgatory back in November. No word yet on accept/reject/waitlist. Also OOS, but have close ties to SC and Greenville. Does anyone know when they make their final decisions? I didn't realize they were still holding interviews.

Same here, I was put in med school purgatory back in November. No word yet on accept/reject/waitlist. Also OOS, but have close ties to SC and Greenville. Does anyone know when they make their final decisions? I didn't realize they were still holding interviews.
I was told mid March.

Rejected pre II OS. Honestly, it was expected. Good luck to the rest of you, I hope you guys get accepted!

Any insight on people choosing between MUSC and Greenville? I am struggling between the two schools.

Any insight on people choosing between MUSC and Greenville? I am struggling between the two schools.
Rt. My friends at greenville say they think it's way better than MUSC, and my friends at MUSC say hands down there is better. I'm really on the struggle bus.

Hey! Does anyone know if we are supposed to bring our family to Second Look/Spring Preview? The Spring Preview part on the website mentions exploring the hospital with friends and family, but the RSVP thing doesn't mention anything about guests?

Hey! Does anyone know if we are supposed to bring our family to Second Look/Spring Preview? The Spring Preview part on the website mentions exploring the hospital with friends and family, but the RSVP thing doesn't mention anything about guests?
just kidding. I see when you click 'yes' it gives the option for 2 guests. See y'all there!

Rt. My friends at greenville say they think it's way better than MUSC, and my friends at MUSC say hands down there is better. I'm really on the struggle bus.
Im in a very similar boat per MUSC thread. In my mind I have decided MUSC but I havent pulled any deposits yet. I think I will go to both second look days and decide based on feel.

Im in a very similar boat per MUSC thread. In my mind I have decided MUSC but I havent pulled any deposits yet. I think I will go to both second look days and decide based on feel.

Also making the same decision. I personally am leaning towards MUSC because I find Charleston > Greenville and MUSC has a more established name nationally when it comes time for residency

Also making the same decision. I personally am leaning towards MUSC because I find Charleston > Greenville and MUSC has a more established name nationally when it comes time for residency
I agree. I think in a lot of ways medical school is what you make it and influenced by the opportunities you search for. That being said, I think the size and funding of MUSC provides more opportunities to those looking for it. BUT, still liked feel of greenville and am going to second look day.

Reactions: 1 users
Who wants to be the brave one to call and ask what day in mid-march we are supposed to hear about acceptance / rejection?? :)

Reactions: 5 users
I hope we hear something soon; I really wish I knew what date in "mid-march" this wait would be over haha. Have they accepted anyone since December?