2019-2020 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! I am IS, ORM, reapplicant to Keck. :)
Thats a fast turn around! They must have loved your app :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Thats a fast turn around! They must have loved your app :)
I do hope so! It's basically my top choice... unless NYU or Kaiser want to interview me.. for completely curricular reasons...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
there was no prompt I couldnt handle after shoveling M&Ms down my gullet
I do hope so! It's basically my top choice... unless NYU or Kaiser want to interview me.. for completely curricular reasons...
come on friendo give us a hint of your delicious essays that made you a star

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if its too late to organize student housing for interviews?

Did anyone with 513 get any news?

No news is good news!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Secondary submitted 8/19, II 8/20!! My first II of the season :D

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does Keck accept updates? I just had a co-author publication accepted with minor revisions, and I'm trying to update schools with the news!

Does Keck accept updates? I just had a co-author publication accepted with minor revisions, and I'm trying to update schools with the news!
I read last year’s thread for the answer to this a few days ago and I guess the answer is no...people said even at the interview the dean explicitly says that nothing you do after submitting your application can make them love you any more. Congrats by the way!!

Edit: see the thread on 9/22/2018 for reference

Last edited:
Submitted secondary yesterday and I got interview invite today!

Reactions: 8 users
I read that 25% of UCSF's graduating medical class doesn't end up doing residency and go onto tech or consulting. A friend at Keck said similar things about their graduating class. Is this true?

I read that 25% of UCSF's graduating medical class doesn't end up doing residency and go onto tech or consulting. A friend at Keck said similar things about their graduating class. Is this true?
I heard the same from a surgeon I’m shadowing at the moment re: UCSF. it dat Silicon Valley goldrush

If this helps/instills hope in anyone, I received an II on 7/25 and was complete on 7/23 with a 510

520 mcat, still no news (no R, WL, or A). Complete 7/10.

Should I reapply as a reapplicant?
It doesn’t seem they look on reapplication too favorably given the immense blood bath we recently came out of ... but there are some that have success. If you got the money, why not :)

520 mcat, still no news (no R, WL, or A). Complete 7/10.

Same boat but complete 7/21. It seemed like the first batch of high MCAT (517+) IIs went out the first week or two of July and (according to sdn input) none since . Guessing they’ll get back around to us eventually

my friend told me that right before he was given an interview invite, his document status showed that his letters of recommendation timestamp changed. did anyone else get this?

my friend told me that right before he was given an interview invite, his document status showed that his letters of recommendation timestamp changed. did anyone else get this?
did they apply to another school or send a letter of rec through AMCAS on that day that shows up? earlier in the thread someone said that that changes it on the USC portal too but not entirely sure

did they apply to another school or send a letter of rec through AMCAS on that day that shows up? earlier in the thread someone said that that changes it on the USC portal too but not entirely sure
Can confirm that my recs date changed to the day I added another school to my primary. (no interview though)

The recs changed for everyone if you used interfolio. Amcas and interfolio had some problem this past week so they had to redownload letters.

If I remember correctly, reviewing/scoring is done by MCAT. But once the applications go through the first review, they get submitted to Dean Arias, and she makes all decisions on whom to interview. @modernnarwhal24 might be able to shed some light on it?
Dr. Arias has said herself that she makes all of the final decisions on who to interview!

Reactions: 2 users
II received today! Couldn't be more excited

• Love
Complete 7/26. Also have a 520 so hopefully those of you in the same boat will get some II love soon :)

I'm debating on whether to apply as I'm OOS and from the SE USA. Numbers on OOS are not great, but for those who get in, do they tend to be West Coast or Western states?

I'm debating on whether to apply as I'm OOS and from the SE USA. Numbers on OOS are not great, but for those who get in, do they tend to be West Coast or Western states?
Don’t let out of state matriculants taint the actual OOS acceptance rate. They simply have a much lower OOS yield like many schools.
This data table give much clearer picture.

https://docs. google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9Aas9pu04qa9GJx-RZMEj_WYzvesd-JQ_y592-2pBI/htmlview#gid=0
<<<<<< remove the space before google after pasting link into your browser.

Last edited:
I like your signature block. My son is applying and he refuses to read these blogs. So i read these blogs and take on the anxieties on this behalf. LOL. I try to share positive information with him like the chart you provided above. He has 4 interviews in September and your chart helped to calm his nerves. good stuff. thank you.

@RJ McReady Helicopters are flying everywhere

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
II 9/4, Application complete 7/14. Only interview slots left were in January, so I called to see if that was a mistake and they said "No sorry we are getting towards the end of our slots for the year" but its only September 4th... o_O How many ii's have they sent out already???

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
II 9/4, Application complete 7/14. Only interview slots left were in January, so I called to see if that was a mistake and they said "No sorry we are getting towards the end of our slots for the year" but its only September 4th... o_O How many ii's have they sent out already???

They’ve sent out a bunch and very early so I wouldn’t be surprised

Why do they feel the need to rush? That's wild!

Uh oh... January already?! I just submitted my secondary yesterday. How many months out do they usually interview for?

Has anyone 99+/522+ gotten II? I know they supposedly review by mcat score, and I hadn't seen anything over a 520 get II yet. But if they're booking out to January now, I'm freakin out!
Nada for me.

Has anyone 99+/522+ gotten II? I know they supposedly review by mcat score, and I hadn't seen anything over a 520 get II yet. But if they're booking out to January now, I'm freakin out!
Yes, 522++. Submitted was secondary 7/15 and received II 7/22.

• Love
Has anyone with a 514 gotten an II?

Edit - Also, what month do their interviews end?

Last edited: