2019-2020 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
USC was going at the same pace last year and II were given in Oct to people who were complete on July....hopefully the same happens again
doubt it. they are giving interviews only in jan now. probably only a few II left

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Do we know for sure their interview season stops in January, though? Just because those are the only dates that people are offered now, doesn't mean they don't interview until/through March...

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we know for sure their interview season stops in January, though? Just because those are the only dates that people are offered now, doesn't mean they don't interview until/through March...
Wait yes I was about to say the same thing- on their website it says they interview through march, and a friend last year interviewed in march. Is there any reason to believe they won't go through march this year..?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Wait yes I was about to say the same thing- on their website it says they interview through march, and a friend last year interviewed in march. Is there any reason to believe they won't go through march this year..?
No, I'd expect them to go through March. It seems like they're scheduling January now, but I don't think they'll stop interviewing in January. There are more than just a few IIs left to go out AND people who get accepted to schools they'd prefer to go to in October (and later) will pull out of their interviews. Don't give up hope!

Edit:
Yes, an R
Sorry to hear that! When were you complete?

Reactions: 2 users
R from here a while back. OOS and 516 MCAT. Just posting for SDN data

• Sad
did people's portals change to "app is complete and under review" or has it always been like that? i feel like mine used to say "app is ready"
I think mine has been "complete and under review" since I was complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
At this point: *walks in at the next interview date*
"I'm sorry, who are you-"
"Oh I decided to introduce myself"

@the_expert @licensed to ill do you mind if I ask your MCAT score? I'm curious if it's only like one reviewer still getting to interview invites or if there's still an overall chance!

Does anyone who interviewed here remember if the dean said that we will definitely get a decision on 10/15 if we interviewed in october. I know its a couple weeks away but im not sure if you dont get an acceptance on the 15th does that mean rejection?

Does anyone who interviewed here remember if the dean said that we will definitely get a decision on 10/15 if we interviewed in october. I know its a couple weeks away but im not sure if you dont get an acceptance on the 15th does that mean rejection?

Don’t have an interview, but ain’t over till it’s over. Thinking about what-ifs are going to kill you. If you really need to find out, maybe call? Otherwise, just sit back and enjoy the show.

Sorry if it's been mentioned already but has anyone with a 511 heard back yet?

Sorry if it's been mentioned already but has anyone with a 511 heard back yet?
I have. I was complete August 5 and heard back August 8 for an October date

Has anyone got a decision? I have an interview scheduled but I was curious about the turn around.

Has anyone got a decision? I have an interview scheduled but I was curious about the turn around.

You can’t receive an acceptance until October 15, and USC doesn’t offer ED
But some people have been rejected pre II if you look earlier on the thread

Anyone with a 523 hear back? Nothing but silence here

I have a 522 and received my II yesterday. Earliest slots were the first week of February.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Did anyone with a 510 get an interview from here?

I think that admissions expects around a 517. When I spoke/asked questions to admissions, they emphasized their stats expectations.

Did anyone lower get an II?

• Wow
I think that admissions expects around a 517. When I spoke/asked questions to admissions, they emphasized their stats expectations.

someone reported a II with a 511 a few pages ago but thats n=1 haha

Reactions: 3 users

I interviewed this September with a 508. I submitted my secondary 7/20 and received an II 7/22. Anything is possible and they care about fit rather than focusing on stats. The dean of admissions actively spoke about someone fitting their mission of serving the historically marginalized of LA.

P.S. won’t disclose any other stats

• Wow
Reactions: 11 users
I interviewed this September with a 508. I submitted my secondary 7/20 and received an II 7/22. Anything is possible and they care about fit rather than focusing on stats. The dean of admissions actively spoke about someone fitting their mission of serving the historically marginalized of LA.

P.S. won’t disclose any other stats

That is awesome! You give me hope :) Best of luck this cycle.

yes I did! I have a 511 and interviewing in October.

Reactions: 4 users

I have a 514 and got a II the same day I submitted my secondary. They are looking for certain qualities that fit their mission; it really depends on your application as a whole.

Reactions: 4 users
I have a 514 and got a II the same day I submitted my secondary. They are looking for certain qualities that fit their mission; it really depends on your application as a whole.

When were you complete?

wait you got a interview day of submitting your secondary?

Yeah, that's probably the fastest turnaround time I've seen. I guess he just has really high stats or some other wow factor.

Yeah, that's probably the fastest turnaround time I've seen. I guess he just has really high stats or some other wow factor.
Or a really interesting secondary. They’re short for a reason so that dean arias can run through them herself

• Wow
Wait rlly? I thought someone else reads them according to mcat score?
At the interview, she said she’s literally the only one who has completely read our applications and is the one who decides who gets interviews. Maybe there are preliminary screeners who review by score and forward apps to her that seem to fit Keck’s mission so she can take an in-depth look.

At the interview, she said she’s literally the only one who has completely read our applications and is the one who decides who gets interviews. Maybe there are preliminary screeners who review by score and forward apps to her that seem to fit Keck’s mission so she can take an in-depth look.
Not to be that guy, but in that interview on AAMC, she said they organize by MCAT to limit bias. How is giving the entire authority of screening and selection to a single person limiting bias?

I haven't heard of unilateral decision-making at any other school, and a lot of them even boast things like "you're here because 15+ people read and approved/loved/forwarded your app" etc.

When were you complete?
Complete 7/22. I don't have super high stats. Honestly I think what helped me is that I was 100% real in my answers. I didn't write what I thought they wanted to hear; I wrote stuff that was very personal and unrelated to medicine.

Just got hit with that yung R

whatever keck, I don't need your absurd COL anyways

:'(

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Complete 7/2 and still on radio silence.

Seeing people get IIs mere days after submitting makes me feel like the R is inevitable :(

JUST END ME USC

I was verified sometime at the beginning of August, completed my secondary mid-August. Thus far, radio silence.